Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria (6991 Views)

Japa: Nigerians Lament As Canada Suspends Visa Operations In Abuja / BREAKING: US Extends Tourist Visa Validity To 5 Years For Nigerians / CR1/IR1 Interview In 2021/2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by Abdulazeez99: 3:03pm On May 14, 2019
The United States (US) Embassy in Nigeria says visa interviews will now be compulsory for all those seeking to renew their travel documents in the country, Igbere TV can report.

The embassy has consequently suspended ‘drop box’ service otherwise known as interview waiver.

In a statement obtained by Igbere TV on Tuesday, the US said the interview waiver suspension will take effect from Tuesday, May 14, 2019.

“The Embassy and Consulate of the United States in Nigeria has suspended the interview waiver ‘Drop Box’ application process effective May 14, 2019,” the statement read.

This means those attempting to renew their visas must now attend visa interviews like first timers.

Details later…

Source: http://igberetvnews.com/659672/breaking-us-suspends-visa-interview-in-nigeria/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by Kingpee2(m): 3:10pm On May 14, 2019
Who cares,I prefer Canada to US Abeg .

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by zoedew: 3:17pm On May 14, 2019
America for Americans! Fix your space and make it attractive for others to visit!!

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by orisa37: 3:23pm On May 14, 2019
zoedew:
America for Americans! Fix your space and make it attractive for others to visit!!

Nigeria for Fulani Herdsmen.

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by MorufuAtanda: 3:37pm On May 14, 2019
Their business I don't care. I'll be opening a business in Canada very soon.

US is overrated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by fukushaki(m): 3:48pm On May 14, 2019
final Burial no wake keeping grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by Murphy123: 3:57pm On May 14, 2019
It will no longer be easy... Whoever that is already inside the box should remain there.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by Jimmylenny: 4:03pm On May 14, 2019
really make I kukuma carry my self and my big head to go meduguri
Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by tempest01(m): 4:11pm On May 14, 2019
Do you people read and comprehend? US has not suspended visa interview they have even mandated it. Previously if you had a long term US Visa, all you had to do is to drop it through dhl for renewal , a process called "Dropbox". That has been cancelled and you need to attend an interview for renewal.

I'm sure you are already praising Buhari.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by NothingDoMe: 4:47pm On May 14, 2019
This is better than just keeping applications for very long under administrative processing. It Defeats the purpose of the dropbox
Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 14, 2019

Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by mrNEMZY(m): 5:31pm On May 14, 2019
If they (USA, Canada, Europian countries, Asian countries) like, let them all deny Nigerians visa. We will still run away from this country and enter Ghana. Naija don cast!

Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by rusher14: 9:15pm On May 14, 2019
Even Yahoo boys dey say country bad.

Who spoil am?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by samlake(m): 9:45pm On May 14, 2019
They are finding all means to cut down d number of people travelling to US. They know Nigeria is tough to live in presently...

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by immortalcrown(m): 9:51pm On May 14, 2019
Who knows how I can contact the management of LatestNews (https://latestnews.ng/) website?

None of the contact (Contact Us, Facebook and Instagram) links is working.

Please, I have an urgent need to contact the management of the site.
Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by barackodam: 11:00pm On May 14, 2019
tempest01:
Do you people read and comprehend? US has not suspended visa interview they have even mandated it. Previously if you had a long term US Visa, all you had to do is to drop it through dhl for renewal , a process called "Dropbox". That has been cancelled and you need to attend an interview for renewal.

I'm sure you are already praising Buhari.

No be all of us dey read. Some just reads the topic and starts commenting

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by Temple1288(m): 1:59am On May 15, 2019
MorufuAtanda:
Their business I don't care. I'll be opening a business in Canada very soon.

US is overrated.

The USA IS NOT OVERRATED..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by lindaayim(f): 2:22am On May 15, 2019
Wow...this is no good news at all....know of a friend who felt her financial status changed for worse but the drop box enabled her renew.....frequently now she's worried she may be denied Visa
Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by Sayboy: 5:13am On May 15, 2019
See the magic of a good CV,

Zee got an interview in led than a week we did her CV rewrite.

The CV we write is legit easily scanned by ATS -- used by HR Managers -- to assess a large pool of CVs.

A paid tool is used to check if the CV passes ATS. All at an affordable fee.

Chat http:///2348132145325 on WhatsApp now

Re: BREAKING: US Suspends Visa Interview In Nigeria by Tolani0167(m): 9:03am On May 15, 2019
Uncle Suru oya start coming back home your time is up

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Reliable Travel Agent That Can Help With Canada Working Permit / Arik Air For Nigerians. They Are Not Bad Either! / 2month Tourist Visa To Spain, How Do I Extend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.