Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1052409 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Avidreader748: 3:16pm On May 29, 2019
Arosam:
Please can someone give a detailed description of how to go about sending NECO to WES, all am seeing is WAEC

Are you in Minna?
Go to Minna head office, it's on the outskirts of Minna. Tell them you want to process your neco to Wes. They will give you the Neco remmital number, you go down to town and pay in a bank.

Come back with receipt, fill in the forms. There is only one available courier DHL, and it cost 16500.

WES sometimes(not always) requires a secondary verification from NECO, to have to go back and tell them to verify, or send another scratch card verification which would cost like 6k.

Budget around 25k if doing it yourself minus the Secondary verification.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by UgoBekee4: 3:17pm On May 29, 2019
[quote author=Tochai007 post=78810489][/quote]

Load i tap into this fast PPR, AMEN!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 29, 2019
ladymarshall:
If you know how many AOR peeps are now praying for Accra, you'll be surprised. They're the fastest now, PPR within three months. Accra and Sydney. Faster than Ottawa. [s]The rejected stone has become the cornerstone. [/s] Who would have thought? grin

Thank God for your VO and stay positive.

Oh thanks brother for the soothing words. I will share my testimony with you here soon. Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Avidreader748: 3:20pm On May 29, 2019
Dame91:
To God be the glory!!

Finally PPR is upon us �!!!
Here's my timeline. I can't really remember some of the details now to be honest. It seems like its been a very long while.

ITA: sometime in February 2018
AOR: 24/04/2018
1st PPR: 11/09/2018
Notified CIC of my intentions to get married
ADR for my husband's documents: 13/09/2018
Submited documents: 28/10/2018
ADR: 10/01/2019
PpR: 28/05/2019

I thought PPT would come in a few days.. but not was I in for a surprise
Request to do medicals again: 5/03/2019
Then we waited for ppr mail to come and nothing did. I was confused and worried so I came on this platform to ask for advice. I was told to send a mail. I sent a mail to AVO and still got nothing. So yesterday morning I sent a mail to AVO again and copied Cpc_ctd_ottawa and in less than 20 minutes I got a mail in my inbox stating that I had a new mail in my CIC account. In my mind i was like what does this people want again. I was so excited to see the PPR mail and it was even dated the same day.
Thanks guys for your advice. I really really appreciate it.

Congratulations to you and yours. Thankfully, it ended in praise. The new land will favour you. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Avidreader748: 3:23pm On May 29, 2019
Prehciousness:
Please, who has any contact information about the UPS lady in WAEC office, being trying the contact she gave me but its switched off. I just want to know the status of the result.

Pm your name and date you submitted. I would help you check tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 3:25pm On May 29, 2019
Congrats to @Dame91 and @cmaamaa on your PPRs. Wish you guys a blissful future in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Avidreader748: 3:25pm On May 29, 2019
teechedah:
As anyone ever tried using one courier to send 2 NECO transcript to WES?

Same person result or two different results? Should be possible. Haven't tried. You would have to ask them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Edmontonlad(m): 3:26pm On May 29, 2019
HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!

Please for those of us that taught Nursery school pupils during NYSC days, is NOC 4032 suitable?

Your urgent assistance is required bikonu.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 3:27pm On May 29, 2019
Edmontonlad:
HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!

Please for those of us that taught Nursery school pupils during NYSC days, is NOC 4032 suitable?

Your urgent assistance is required bikonu.
Thank you

Over suitable sef.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Obinoscopy(m): 3:27pm On May 29, 2019
Obinoscopy:
Thanks Scandinavian02 and PreciousRuby, I'll send them a mail and attach my payment reciept and hope they respond and rectify the issue. I would have gone there in person but I'm not in Nigeria at the moment.
Update.

My portal has been updated and my Payment Status which read OPEN before now reads COMPLETED. I tried calling their numbers but nobody picked. I also sent them an email and attached my payment receipt and got no response from them. I dont know if they updated my portal based on that email.

Hopefully they will dispatch my Transcript soon. Thanks so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jerich: 3:30pm On May 29, 2019
Good evening Gracious people
Respect to the Elders in the house
congrats to ielts smashers ITA clinchers and those who got PPR.
what ever stage you are in this process ,pls stay strong and keep your head up.

pls I have a query .
got back from home this evening and decided to go through the document I submitted , and realised that the gift deed affidavit I used for POF had the name of my donor misspelled. ie instead of OYONBA, it was spelled OYOUBA other names where correct and the evidence of transfer was also attached with the correct name .
should I ask my donor to correct the error and send to me so I can raise cse or should I just ignore ?

i am getting conflicting suggestions .

and i would love that all heads tackle it together here
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Avidreader748: 3:30pm On May 29, 2019
ladymarshall:
1. See @Joo2018 post

2. Pm @Avidreader748 She has been tried, tested and trusted. Reliable grin

When @ladymarshall recommends you, na to use leg break Waec office and goan get the transcript done in two days. grin grin

Thanks maami : smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 3:31pm On May 29, 2019
Folafikemi:

Oh thanks brother for the soothing words. I will share my testimony with you here soon. Thanks a lot

Hian!!!!

You saw ladymarshall herself, queen of the seven kingdoms, and called her brother? undecided

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 3:35pm On May 29, 2019
When I first joined the forum, this is the question I wanted to ask. I saw that others had asked it but the answer was either vague or never answered to my satisfaction.

I am writing this thread, not to ask the question myself but to answer the question for anyone who needs the answer in future.

Please note that this is NOT legal advice and I am NOT qualified to answer any follow up questions.

This thread will ONLY detail my personal experience from start to finish and can not cater to your specific situation.

With all that said; I wish to share my experience to provide some insight and hope.

Conventional wisdom says the answer is no. My experience says;

The answer is Maybe.
------------------------------------------

Background
My wife is a Canadian permanent resident. She had lived there since she was 2 but came to live in the UK with me, 6 years ago. For all intents and purposes, she no longer met the requirements to maintain her permanent residence but was able to renew this on compassionate grounds (Being separated from family by not having residence etc).

I applied for FSW - Outland.

My CRS breakdown was as follows

CRS – Human Capital – Age 105
CRS – Human Capital – Level of Education 120
CRS – Human Capital – First Official Language Proficiency 133
CRS – Skill Transferability – Education 25
CRS – Skill Transferability – Foreign Work Experience 50
CRS – Additional – PR or Canadian Sibling 15

Your overall points score

At the time of my Invite to apply, the threshold CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 445

So as you can see, Every point I claimed was absolutely necessary and in fact, I have since had my birthday. My score is now 443.

Now as you can see from my CRS, the Invite to apply was sent to me based on a score that has Permanent resident or canadian sibling points. I do not, myself, have direct blood family in Canada. So how can this be?

I will detail below, the steps that I took. What happened and the results of this process. If you have questions about what I did. I'll do my best to answer. I can not tell you what you should do.
--------------------------------

My wife is a permanent resident of Canada. She lives in the UK with me.

When I applied, I listed her as accompanying me. I also filled the options indicating she is a permanent resident of Canada. This meant that when the application section for personal family information was reached, I had the option to indicate her brother lived in Canada and also providing his information.

This got me the ITA on December 12th. I applied on December 19th and got my AOR then.

When it came to applying, I had to provide evidence for everything including my wife's permanent residence, her relationship to her brother (birth certificates for both), his residence in Canada etc. All the things you'd expect.

As a natural part of our application, I also provided our marriage certificate which includes my Wife's Father's name by law.

So they now have paperwork indicating;

I am married to my wife
Her brother (same parents) is a citizen of Canada and lives in Canada.

Application submitted!

I paid up front for an application for TWO people.

When I was finally given the "real" UCI, (i.e. the first update after R10 is complete). I noticed, IMMMEDIATELY that my wife had been removed from the application. Checked my bank card and the payment for her half of all fees had been refunded.

This is normal. Due to duty of care, IRCC is obligated not to repeat work etc.

It was still a little worrying. Now that my wife is removed; Has her brother been removed too? If so, my application has just lost 15 points! My score is now 428! Well below the threshold number.

Concerned; I called IRCC. Checked why she was removed (She's a PR. They don't need to re-process her). The person on the phone confirmed, obviously he could not make a decision/call but "He's your family too, right? It stands to reason." We joked about how I hope the primary officer feels the same way.

Nerves not withstanding, I left it as is.

No updates for 4 months. 28 days until the 6 month mark and I get an Additional Document Request. They want "Additional family information". This form just wants me to list who i'm married to, who my parents are. Who my siblings are. Where everyone lives.

"Oh no. This is it. They're going to see I don't have relatives in Canada and reject my application." I'm thinking.

I have 7 days to fill the form. It's 1am and I know i'm not going to sleep until it's done. So I fill the form (Don't do this. Looking at what I submitted I'm amazed they accepted it. It's full of typos and just...wow. Not great.).

I get to siblings and I think "Okay, look. If it was your parents who got married and they had children from unrelated marriages, you'd be allowed to write those kids in as "step sibling" and claim their living in Canada as your right to points. Why should it be different to write "Brother in law" when it's clear he is your wife's brother?"

So I did! I gave my wife's full name (unchanged) in the married to section and I listed her brother as my sibling on this additional document request for more family information. I wrote he is my brother in law. I wrote his full address (In Canada).

[It is my belief that this ADR was the agent thinking 'I can not see how they have claimed these points' and seeking further information. I believe that I was right to do this.]

The next day, the online portal showed the documents are being processed. The day after I get a ghost update and I call IRCC. For the first time since February when I submitted my Biometrics, there has been movement on my file. Eligibility now marked as Pass.

Relief. No other words for it.

1am GMT, close of business Monday 27th in Canada, I get the Ready for Visa email.
-------------------------------------------------

So; Can you claim points for family who are the siblings of your Married partner? Conventional wisdom says no. My experience says yes.

If I had to guess, I feel the below factors were why this was successful.

1. Married "In attendance".
2. Applied as Spouse accompanying and paid for both
3. Step 2 allowed me to provide full documentation for my brother in law as part of the application.
4. I listed my Brother in law under siblings AS my brother in law and it is clear he and my wife have the same last name and all associated documentation indicates they are related.

Perhaps its situational. Maybe I got lucky.

But if I got lucky. Who's to say you won't? Don't take anyone who tells you it can't be done at face value. If a reasonable and rational person who wants to help could read your explanation or application and say "Yes, this makes sense to me." Then in my opinion, you have a chance.

Best of luck to anyone in a similar experience. See you all on the other side.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Elektra008(f): 3:41pm On May 29, 2019
kunbit:

Please check NOC 0122...I'm assuming you're in operations

0122 is chiefly for managers, she cannot use that except she is a bank manager or head of operations. If her job title is head of customer service, I think her suggested noc should work. D only ish is that her Jd does not include that her csu team reports to her. Maybe that can be tweaked into it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by AzariahYaa: 3:44pm On May 29, 2019
Haaahhaaa! LadyM, I was just joking oo...ésanu mi grin Have mercy in advance grin I can sense he is threading the path of Topsmamen and I believe he will do well. However, @Topsmamen should not forget us ooo...his shoes are too big to fit! grin
ladymarshall:
I'm excited too. He will definitely do great. He will be our next @Topsmamen in his selfless nature of helping here kiss . But it's the same administration and marking scheme. I'm the chief marker, he's my chief assistant.

Now that we have noted your moniker, we look forward to leniently objectively grading your script grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 4:02pm On May 29, 2019
AzariahYaa:
Haaahhaaa! LadyM, I was just joking oo...ésanu mi grin Have mercy in advance grin I can sense he is threading the path of Topsmamen and I believe he will do well. However, @Topsmamen should not forget us ooo...his shoes are too big to fit! grin

Lmao! grin

On the contrary, my shoes are quite small like...

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by kingspaco: 4:09pm On May 29, 2019
trendy09:

Sweet Sweet Timeline ...I claim this speed with rushing...Amen and Amen
CONGRATS KINGSPACO.GO AND EXCEL.
It wasn't mine. It was an error while trying to quote the original poster. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by FaskRolce: 4:16pm On May 29, 2019
No Canadian address.
I had to disturb my friend to keep checking his mail box
youngRx:

like seriously?? those guys are funny ah swear gringrin

you used a Nigerian address?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 4:16pm On May 29, 2019
etrange:
Hian!!!!

You saw ladymarshall herself, queen of the seven kingdoms, and called her brother? undecided

That will make her lordmarshall grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by AzariahYaa: 4:21pm On May 29, 2019
E don pass before oo...it reached 9pm sef one time! grin most of us were gearing up to sleep when ITA arrived! So let’s all remain hopeful! Laslas today should not pass by without ITA for everyone waiting to receive.
olabellruk:
Ah ah loun loun. E no reach o angry shocked shocked Any time from now.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by tolfa(m): 4:23pm On May 29, 2019
470 is the cut off... congrats to the recipients

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kendrix69(m): 4:24pm On May 29, 2019
Hi, everyone...I'm new here, for a single applicant like me who is not married or has no children or dependants, how much is the POF for that person??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by AzariahYaa: 4:25pm On May 29, 2019
Haaahhaaa! I cringed at the sight of it too...lool!Pardon her(cause I see “Kemi”, i’m assuming she’s female grin) It must be the stress of waiting and all that is happening around her at the moment.
etrange:

Hian!!!!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 4:25pm On May 29, 2019
Kendrix69:
Hi, everyone...I'm new here, for a single applicant like me who is not married or has no children or dependants, how much is the POF for that person??

Visit page 1 for all info you need bro.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by boco2126: 4:26pm On May 29, 2019
A whole 470 Who did we offend mbok? cry

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Dealkid: 4:26pm On May 29, 2019
OMG......

Cut-off for today is 470

Lord help our hustle.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kendrix69(m): 4:27pm On May 29, 2019
Topsmamen:

Visit page 1 for all info you need bro.
I didn't find this info there, its only stating about family size and shii, and I no get family size....cos I don't have family yet grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by AzariahYaa: 4:30pm On May 29, 2019
Hahaahaa! Hilarious illustration grin
Topsmamen:

Lmao! grin

On the contrary, my shoes are quite small like...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vancouver4(f): 4:31pm On May 29, 2019
Did I hear someone say 470?
Chim oooooo

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 4:33pm On May 29, 2019
470? Really? More people are entering the pool with two or more degrees, Master's degree and also sibling points. I knew the score would be high but never anticipated it going this high.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by AzariahYaa: 4:33pm On May 29, 2019
Jesuu!!!!!!!!!
boco2126:
A whole 470 Who did we offend mbok? cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.