Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1050854 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 9:28pm On May 29, 2019
Amen!
May God grant you your heart desire!

Palominopeaches:
OK I'm summoning up all the courage in my body and soul to book this space for my PPR announcement in the month of June.

Hear this oh Lord, Amen

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 9:29pm On May 29, 2019
As long as one of them was continuous for one year and full time then you're good to go

Brownie1003:
Hello everyone,
Please is it possible to add work experience together? I mean; 1yr exp+ 1yr 8 months + 6 months till date or the 6 months must be 1 yr to make it 3 years exp?
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by BootyliciousHon: 9:34pm On May 29, 2019
Congrats to all who got ITA today!. Please if anyone knows of a May AOR group I would like to be added
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by AzariahYaa: 9:52pm On May 29, 2019
PM LadyMarshall...i think she can help with adding you to the May AOR whatsapp group
BootyliciousHon:
Congrats to all who got ITA today!. Please if anyone knows of a May AOR group I would like to be added
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 9:54pm On May 29, 2019
Wow.. See speed.

Congratulations!

cmaamaa:

Now the words of our mouths and the meditations of our hearts has been accepted by the Lord!!!

People of God its PPR����

PA IELTS - Nov 2018
SA IELTS - Apr 2018
PA ECA - Sep 2018
SA ECA - Nov 2018
Profile created - 20th Dec 2018
CRS – 451
Draw Cutoff - 449
ITA - Jan 10
Medicals - March 7
AOR - March 7
MEP - 23rd April 11:40pm
Biometrics Rcvd- 23rd April 11:40pm
Completed - 24th April 9:00am
Ghost Update - 23rd May
PPR - 28th May
NOC – 1122
Family of 2
Travel History: UK, Dubai, Germany, Ghana, Netherlands
No LOE
No ADR
VO Not known
AOR to PPR - 82 days
Never raised a CSE nor called IRCC

May the blessings go round, Amen!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by AzariahYaa: 9:58pm On May 29, 2019
You are definitely closer to your desired goal. Remain optimistic! God will do it! E-hug!
Palominopeaches:
OK I'm summoning up all the courage in my body and soul to book this space for my PPR announcement in the month of June.

Hear this oh Lord, Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 9:59pm On May 29, 2019
Congratulations!
May Canada favour you.
Dame91:
To God be the glory!!

Finally PPR is upon us �!!!
Here's my timeline. I can't really remember some of the details now to be honest. It seems like its been a very long while.

ITA: sometime in February 2018
AOR: 24/04/2018
1st PPR: 11/09/2018
Notified CIC of my intentions to get married
ADR for my husband's documents: 13/09/2018
Submited documents: 28/10/2018
ADR: 10/01/2019
PpR: 28/05/2019

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 10:12pm On May 29, 2019
Lmao! grin

Avidreader748:

When @ladymarshall recommends you, na to use leg break Waec office and goan get the transcript done in two days. grin grin

Thanks maami : smiley

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 10:15pm On May 29, 2019
Oh I see. Don't worry sis, you will testify soon. Your PPR is very close.

pejuhazel:

Accra is just a one kain VO now, they are faster now than last year but that hasn't reflected in the applications of some on us. They should sha answer soon, frustration is starting to set in.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jenolyfavour: 10:15pm On May 29, 2019
Hello NL family. Must the account for POF be the same as your salary account?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 10:19pm On May 29, 2019
grin grin grin

etrange:

Hian!!!!

You saw ladymarshall herself, queen of the seven kingdoms, and called her brother? undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 10:20pm On May 29, 2019
Lmao! I was joking too o. It's all for fun grin grin grin

AzariahYaa:
Haaahhaaa! LadyM, I was just joking oo...ésanu mi grin Have mercy in advance grin I can sense he is threading the path of Topsmamen and I believe he will do well. However, @Topsmamen should not forget us ooo...his shoes are too big to fit! grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 10:37pm On May 29, 2019
No
Jenolyfavour:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Brownie1003: 10:38pm On May 29, 2019
Okay. Thanks for d response. I appreciate.
Stencil:
As long as one of them was continuous for one year and full time then you're good to go

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 10:38pm On May 29, 2019
Thank you for this

etrange:
A lot of people here worked hard and got up to 450 to 460 crs. They were already certain they'd get ITA. I know cause I saw them congratulating each other in advance. However, fate had a different plan entirely. I can imagine how they feel now. Especially those who have exhausted all their means of increasing their crs and those who are doing one certification or another to get up to 460. How long will the new trend last? Will it keep going up? Will it come down? So much uncertainties.

I beseech you all not to feel defeated. Do not lose hope. What goes up must come down. This twist of fate will only serve to make your PPR script even more interesting. Hang in there. If your prayers don't make it happen, mine will.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 10:43pm On May 29, 2019
For those of us post-ITA especially with 440s and 450s CRS scores , please carefully package your documents with care and accuracy. Take your time. Upload ALL necessary documents. You cannot afford a rejection/refusal, ITA is now getting too expensive these days. For those of us post-AOR, please keep checking and re-checking your application. You notice any major mistake, raise a CSE asap. It costs nothing. Better to get longer waiting time, than refusal.

May PPR fall on us all eventually.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Temyluvdee: 10:43pm On May 29, 2019
Stencil:
The can verify WES evaluation themselves so I don't see any reason why'd not accept it. Most people don't bother with the hard copy.

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Geetaybeks: 10:57pm On May 29, 2019
tolfa:
470 is the cut off... congrats to the recipients

I'm depressed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by itamkate: 11:09pm On May 29, 2019
bunmioluwa:
Wow! I had to log in to congratulate you, after some weeks of reading as a guest. Big congratulations, thank God you did the EOR. I wish you speed in the rest of the process!! I'm really dancing for you. Your result is so beautiful.

My Oga @wasseynewest, thanks so much for your selfless service, testimonies of your good works keep coming! God bless you sir, enjoy Cannyland! !

Hello Bunmi, greetings. Sorry to bother you, I really need help with my IELTS, I've written twice now and scored same LSWR 7.5, 7 5, 6.5, 6.0. Please let me know what I can do and how to connect with Wasseynewest. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Alliance01: 11:37pm On May 29, 2019
GozyNA:

I wonder where you heard this.

It was a Friend of mind that said it oo... She and her husband gained entry into Canada through the express entry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Alliance01: 11:38pm On May 29, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 11:46pm On May 29, 2019
Alliance01:

It was a Friend of mind that said it oo... She and her husband gained entry into Canada through the express entry.

The first thing I typed when I saw this post was "stop talking to them". Then I realised how harsh that was. Lol.

They are wrong anyway.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nmaotito: 12:02am On May 30, 2019
Geetaybeks:

I'm depressed
Same here o. The score of today removed all calm from my system.

Please who knows if siblings in law that are permanent resident can give one points?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bunmioluwa: 12:10am On May 30, 2019
Go through his comments in part 7 of this thread, you should find his phone number, you can contact him through whatsapp. I think you need to practice more, here are my suggestions:

LISTENING
I will recommend you complete all listening questions in Cambridge IELTS 1-13 (I learnt 14 is out, please include that too if you have access to it). Make sure you review all questions you missed, replay it as many times as possible until you understand why you got them wrong. Once in a while, after completing a practice test, just listen to the entire recording and read the transcript along, notice how the parts that have the answers (they are usually underlined) stressed and paraphrased. Doing this overtime naturally improves your listening skills. Then do more BBC (TV, radio, podcasts) at your leisure, so as to get used to British accent.

READING
For reading, practice all questions in Cambridge IELTS 9-14 (both academic and General), start with academics, do some first not timing yourself but aim to score 40. Once you start getting 38+, start timing yourself. By the time you do this consistently, you will start scoring almost 40 in General questions.

WRITING
I am a fan of Liz. Her videos are very easy to follow and I love her approach to the structure for each type of essay. You can then use writeandimprove.com to assess, so you can know if you are improving and where you need improvement (very useful especially for grammar). I will recommend you subscribe because the free version won't give you access to IELTS questions and gradings. Practice till you consistently score above 7.5 in all your unedited practices.

If you are yet to attain your desired scores in your practice (for all the modules), please don't book for another test yet. The next one will be the final by God's grace.

Please reach out to Oga @wasseynewest. He will surely help you.

All the best. I look forward to reading your PPR gist soon.

itamkate:

Hello Bunmi, greetings. Sorry to bother you, I really need help with my IELTS, I've written twice now and scored same LSWR 7.5, 7 5, 6.5, 6.0. Please let me know what I can do and how to connect with Wasseynewest. Thank you.

16 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 12:14am On May 30, 2019
All these friends sef.. Always crosscheck information you are given, even on here. Especially if it has to do with people's opinions. Google is your friend smiley

Alliance01:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bunmioluwa: 12:20am On May 30, 2019
See screenshot

Nmaotito:

Please who knows if siblings in law that are permanent resident can give one points?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 12:20am On May 30, 2019
The question on the CRS tool is this:

Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?
Note: to answer yes, the brother or sister must be:

18 years old or older
related to you or your partner by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
have a parent in common with you or your partner
A brother or sister is related to you by:

blood (biological)
adoption
marriage (step-brother or step-sister)

If you answer yes to this, you will get the sibling points.

See? There is hope after all! smiley

Nmaotito:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 12:25am On May 30, 2019
Don't be, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
In the meantime, is there anything you can do to improve your score?

Geetaybeks:

I'm depressed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 12:26am On May 30, 2019
LMAO! First thing I typed was "Block them" and then I tried to be politically correct grin
etrange:

The first thing I typed when I saw this post was "stop talking to them". Then I realised how harsh that was. Lol.

They are wrong anyway.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 12:27am On May 30, 2019
No it doesn't.

Jenolyfavour:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by princesschuks: 12:27am On May 30, 2019
CRS 470.
God 'safe' us.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kabuki2018(m): 2:23am On May 30, 2019
It's good to see people making progress in their Canadian dream. I hope we all make it to our destination.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.