Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

How To Be More Productive When Working From Home - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Be More Productive When Working From Home (233 Views)

Poll: Who Is More Productive At Work? Men Or Women ? / Please Help!! I Wish To Be More Productive To Myself / 4 Easy Ways To Become More Productive & Attract Favour In Your Workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Be More Productive When Working From Home by Deniafe: 5:03pm On May 14, 2019
Most online workers work from home. I mean it’s online, so where are you headed really? When you can reach out to the world online.
For some people like me, working from home is like a life saver, I find going out very tiresome, having to face the traffic and all. I mean I wake up in the morning feeling all rejuvenated and pumped up, ready to take on the world, yet by the time I face the rush hour morning traffic, all that zing is oozing out already, seeing my annoying colleague could just kill it all for the day.

And so working from home is a much better/easier way to earn a living. Or so I thought. When I started working from home is when I began to see the challenges that people working from home face daily. The distractions are real man, and if you are not careful, at the end of the day you will find out that you couldn’t get anything done. And so because of my experience of the challenges working from home, I have decided to put together some tips to help folks working from home know how to be more productive when working from home.

1. Keep A Quiet Home Office
I know we are working from home, and it seems so much more convenient to lie in bed in your PJ’s and do your stuff, but hey, sleeping temptations are real. Lying around in bed in your PJ’s is just too much temptation. So I think that a much better way to handle this is to prepare a place you can call your office, a work desk or something, preferably somewhere not in your room or sitting room. The point to doing all these is to avoid all forms of of distraction as much as possible. Keep your TV off. If you need music, go ahead and turn some on, but keep it low key, and avoid the ones that can keep you distracted from the task at hand. So get up in the morning, do all the necessaries, get dressed, yeah get dressed like you’re going out to kick ass, and slide over to your work station.

2. Take Care Of The Distractions First
When working from home, distractions are normal, they’re on every corner you glance at, house chores will always try to interfere, hey look at me, I’m the cobweb from last month. So my advice is to take care of the house chore distractions first. Cooking, cleaning, whatever it is you feel will disturb you when you get down to work, get it out of the way first.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Seed,my Future / Reasons Visa Might Be Denied / Investment Opportunity!! 48K Per Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.