Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

The Main Two Reasons There Is High Unemployment Rate In Nigeria. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Main Two Reasons There Is High Unemployment Rate In Nigeria. (794 Views)

Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics / Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate To Rise To 41% In 2023- KPMG / Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate Jumps From 27.1% In Q2 2020, 33.3% In Q4 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Main Two Reasons There Is High Unemployment Rate In Nigeria. by Oshi5403(m): 7:27pm On May 14, 2019
From The Information I've Gathered So Far,i've Came To Realize That Two Major Factors Triggers The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria.They Are:
(1)high Rate Of Unemployable Graduates:do You Know That 70% Of Graduates Of This Era Are Unemployable? This Is Down To Various Reasons,which Go from Laziness,to Wrong Altitude To Work,egoism(lack Of Readiness To Start From Somewhere) Etc Do You Even Know That 70% Of Annual Graduates Cant Defend There Certificate Independently.The Fact Is,many Are Job Seekers,but Few Are Employable.
(2)unfavourable Government Policies:our Leaders Ranging From The President To Lg Councilors Are Doing Virtually Little Or Nothing To Create Jobs.The Catalyst Is The Fact That There Policies Is Discouraging And Driving Away Enterpreneurs From In And Outside The Country To Invest In Nigeria.Mediocrity Is What Is Being Daily Celebrated In Nigeria Instead Of Meritocracry.Square Pegs Fixed In Round Holes.Unqualified Hands In Charge Of Work Creation.

We Should All Make Amends Where Necessary.
Re: The Main Two Reasons There Is High Unemployment Rate In Nigeria. by TIKAMBABA1(m): 7:35pm On May 14, 2019
Are you a graduate? Your writeup is so unintelligible.

5 Likes

Re: The Main Two Reasons There Is High Unemployment Rate In Nigeria. by fykes(m): 8:11pm On May 14, 2019
TIKAMBABA1:
You nailed it...as in imagine the effrontery to call others unemployable when u can't string a readable paragraph together.

1 Like

Re: The Main Two Reasons There Is High Unemployment Rate In Nigeria. by iammo(m): 8:18pm On May 14, 2019
cool

Only Nigerian think all graduate are meant to get employed. many other Countries empower their Graduates to have Startups
Re: The Main Two Reasons There Is High Unemployment Rate In Nigeria. by Oshi5403(m): 9:22pm On May 14, 2019
TIKAMBABA1:

Just Line Out The Errors In My Write Up For Confirmation Of Your Statement.

And Always Remember That This Is Down To My Own Personal Opinion.
Re: The Main Two Reasons There Is High Unemployment Rate In Nigeria. by GLYMAN: 11:27pm On May 14, 2019
Hello, I consider your post contextually good but the lexis/syntax is poor. Coincidentally, an employer may assess you, through your write-up, and conclude that you are part of the problem. However, you can always improve yourself...kindly take note of the corrected version below:

"From the information I have gathered so far, I realized that two major factors trigger the unemployment rate in Nigeria.They are:

(1) High rate of unemployable graduates: Do you know that some contemporary graduates in Nigeria are unemployable? This challenge is due to various reasons namely, laziness, poor attitude to work, egoism (unwillingness to start small), e.t.c. Do you also know that some recent graduates cannot defend their degrees confidently. The fact is that many graduates are job-seekers but only a few are employable.

(2) Unfavorable government policies: Some of our leaders, especially those in politics, are doing virtually little or nothing to create jobs. It is note-worthy that some policies of government discourage some local and foreign entrepreneurs from investing in Nigeria. Unfortunately, mediocrity is celebrated daily in Nigeria instead of ''meritocracy''. In sensitive sectors of the economy, square pegs are fixed in round holes. Consequently, the unqualified are sometimes saddled with the responsibility of job creation.

It is critical we make amends where necessary."

Cheers...

1 Like

Re: The Main Two Reasons There Is High Unemployment Rate In Nigeria. by Papertrail11(m): 2:13am On May 15, 2019
We.shoule count ourselves lucky that we dont pay student loans here its then you would realise how crazy the education sector can be

First reason: Most Univeristy curriclum are not in line with the realites of jobs kf the future as most uni just teaches you how to cram definations advs and disad whereas they ought to put you out on the field

Second reason: Automation with the advancements we have in todays world a lot of jobs would have to phase out or aggresively go extinct for example laundry men
back in the early millenial years we had a washman who comes by every weekend to help do our laundry but today we'ce got washing machines even in the coporate world were we need post office to courier documents from point A to B with the advebt of email, screen todays mailman nay have to get accustomed to the realities fo their proffesion

Third Reason: Manufacturing in dying in Nigeria. One of the things that made Lagos the economic hub in the 70s and 80s at least for the little activites going on there wasnt because there was a port but there were pack of industries producing real consumer goods today those industries have gone moribound and non exisitent

What you have nowadays is shoprite, eatries, barber shop, fuckload of retail outlets selling commodites for little profit.

You wanna know why manufacturing jobs are worth it becuase they are quality a few of them give good working benefits like pension, health plan, thrift benefits.... What you have is contract jobs fhat just keep you fit but what if gou get to your 40s, 50s what would you have to keep you going when the firm has little or no benefit for you.

Fourth Reason: School Cirrculum needs to revitalised how many schools in Nigeria actually teach you how to use 3d printers how to make designs on autocad futuristic things that would be benefitial to life after school.

I went to private school in Nigeria all my life good ivy league ones.

My secondary school even though we had a lot of white folks like to do high service and i blame it as a Nigerian problem when there a white man comming or an Important personality they would get us to art gallery room, IT room to form activity like we are coding or doing some important stuff but once he goes thats the end if you go to use the computer to even check your mail, you would recieve a knock on your head and we pay above a million naira this was years ago though.

Ive seen how Univeristes abroad operate lecturer comes to the class hello student today we are going to talk above Quantum Physics he would use projectors do more of explaining aside for when he has to make some calculations on the board. When the class ends he ask them to revert to their moodule for their class notes.

The overated Nig Private univeristy here in the south west i went to is different firm year 1 to year 4 lecturers dictate you heard me right dictate notes to you aside from a few times when they have to make calculations on the board. Which foreign proffesor has time to be dictating 3-7 pages of notes to students. You wanna know whats funny Computer science students write computer code on paper. We are not learning we are just memorising definations, advantages and disadvanges.

Fifth reason : The dearth of Universities and the rise of Tecnical based schools. Forget the title Unverisites just teavh you how to learn outdated concepts, definations, advantages and disadvanges.

Take a look at Chinese folks a lot kf them cant speak good english but when it comes to technical skills theyve got it they can do roads nigerian students in Uni cant, they csn setup an industy from scratch sitting machines here and there ours cant theyve got skills and we have to respect them for that and also emulate them in that direction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Main Two Reasons There Is High Unemployment Rate In Nigeria. by dopestkidda(m): 3:29am On May 15, 2019
Are You Looking for a Professional Resume Design or CV Design Service?

You’re in the right place!

Did you know the average recruiter spends just 6 seconds looking at each resume?

By working with an expert you can make sure yours stands out - instead of ending up in the trash!

What the Packages Cover

I will Create unique, custom resume design or CV design . (I use modern, minimal styles to ensure the key facts ‘pop out’ to busy recruiters!)

*All resumes/cover letters will be delivered in editable Word and PDF file formats*

For a unique, custom resume design or CV design at affordable prices call or whatsapp me on +2348164287840

Order Today!

Getting your dream job is a big deal – so don’t leave this to chance... Order my professional resume design and writing service today!

Re: The Main Two Reasons There Is High Unemployment Rate In Nigeria. by tsmat(m): 7:18am On May 15, 2019
OP is one of the reasons abeg
Re: The Main Two Reasons There Is High Unemployment Rate In Nigeria. by yinkeys(m): 9:19am On May 16, 2019
Papertrail11:
We.shoule count ourselves lucky that we dont pay student loans here its then you would realise how crazy the education sector can be

First reason: Most Univeristy curriclum are not in line with the realites of jobs kf the future as most uni just teaches you how to cram definations advs and disad whereas they ought to put you out on the field

Second reason: Automation with the advancements we have in todays world a lot of jobs would have to phase out or aggresively go extinct for example laundry men
back in the early millenial years we had a washman who comes by every weekend to help do our laundry but today we'ce got washing machines even in the coporate world were we need post office to courier documents from point A to B with the advebt of email, screen todays mailman nay have to get accustomed to the realities fo their proffesion

Third Reason: Manufacturing in dying in Nigeria. One of the things that made Lagos the economic hub in the 70s and 80s at least for the little activites going on there wasnt because there was a port but there were pack of industries producing real consumer goods today those industries have gone moribound and non exisitent

What you have nowadays is shoprite, eatries, barber shop, fuckload of retail outlets selling commodites for little profit.

You wanna know why manufacturing jobs are worth it becuase they are quality a few of them give good working benefits like pension, health plan, thrift benefits.... What you have is contract jobs fhat just keep you fit but what if gou get to your 40s, 50s what would you have to keep you going when the firm has little or no benefit for you.

Fourth Reason: School Cirrculum needs to revitalised how many schools in Nigeria actually teach you how to use 3d printers how to make designs on autocad futuristic things that would be benefitial to life after school.

I went to private school in Nigeria all my life good ivy league ones.

My secondary school even though we had a lot of white folks like to do high service and i blame it as a Nigerian problem when there a white man comming or an Important personality they would get us to art gallery room, IT room to form activity like we are coding or doing some important stuff but once he goes thats the end if you go to use the computer to even check your mail, you would recieve a knock on your head and we pay above a million naira this was years ago though.

Ive seen how Univeristes abroad operate lecturer comes to the class hello student today we are going to talk above Quantum Physics he would use projectors do more of explaining aside for when he has to make some calculations on the board. When the class ends he ask them to revert to their moodule for their class notes.

The overated Nig Private univeristy here in the south west i went to is different firm year 1 to year 4 lecturers dictate you heard me right dictate notes to you aside from a few times when they have to make calculations on the board. Which foreign proffesor has time to be dictating 3-7 pages of notes to students. You wanna know whats funny Computer science students write computer code on paper. We are not learning we are just memorising definations, advantages and disadvanges.

Fifth reason : The dearth of Universities and the rise of Tecnical based schools. Forget the title Unverisites just teavh you how to learn outdated concepts, definations, advantages and disadvanges.

Take a look at Chinese folks a lot kf them cant speak good english but when it comes to technical skills theyve got it they can do roads nigerian students in Uni cant, they csn setup an industy from scratch sitting machines here and there ours cant theyve got skills and we have to respect them for that and also emulate them in that direction.

Pay 1 million for fees and still get a knock on the head for using a PC.
Wow, so all the Atlantic hall etc money isn't worth it after all. One can always move to rich neighborhoods and still go for schools with moderate fees
I actually thought those kind of schools teach swimming, coding and a lot of other extra curricular activities
Thanks for revealing because this is an eye opener to me. Didn't know most of these schools were just selling what we'd like to call PACKAGING

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Main Two Reasons There Is High Unemployment Rate In Nigeria. by Oshi5403(m): 9:19am On May 16, 2019
tsmat:
OP is one of the reasons abeg
How?
Re: The Main Two Reasons There Is High Unemployment Rate In Nigeria. by Mountbatten: 10:42pm On May 18, 2019
Mumu

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy!!!: We Are Hiring... / Vacancy For HSE Officer / ICPC Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.