Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Black Pregnant Woman Shot Dead By American Policeman Today - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Black Pregnant Woman Shot Dead By American Policeman Today (1108 Views)

Somalian Woman Shot In Clitoris By Stray Bullet While Sitting In Her Living Room / CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street / #ENDSARS: Woman Shot Dead In Awka By Army (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Pregnant Woman Shot Dead By American Policeman Today by makeitijn: 9:09pm On May 14, 2019
A shaky cell phone video captured the moments before a Texas police officer shot and killed a woman who said she was pregnant.

Now people on social media are divided over whether the shooting was justified.

The officer was patrolling an apartment complex in the Houston suburb of Baytown late Monday when he saw a woman he knew from previous encounters, Baytown police said. A family member identified the woman as Pamela Shantay Turner.

A witness' cell phone video showed the woman yelling at the officer:

"I'm walking! I'm actually walking to my house!" the woman screams at him. She later says the officer is "harassing" her.

The video shows the officer apparently trying to handcuff the woman, but she breaks free. The officer then fires his Taser stun gun, and the woman slowly drops to the ground.

A scuffle ensues. The woman keeps yelling "Why?" but the officer isn't heard answering.

As the officer keeps trying to arrest the woman, she flails her arms and yells, "I'm pregnant!"

The struggle continued, and according to Baytown police, the woman "was able to gain control of the Taser and used it on the officer."

In the video, the woman appears to reach for the officer, who stands back and fires five shots toward her.

Watch video here
https://aahds..com/2019/05/caption-this-pregnant-lady-shot-dead-by.html

Lalasticlala mynd44 worthy
Re: Black Pregnant Woman Shot Dead By American Policeman Today by Harrymig1(m): 9:10pm On May 14, 2019
Sad embarassed
Re: Black Pregnant Woman Shot Dead By American Policeman Today by Kingosytex(m): 9:20pm On May 14, 2019
na wa o!!

police brutality everywhere... the madness affecting the nigerian police force has gone international, its now affecting their counterparts in the states.

sad, how the police are killing the lives they were supposed to be protecting
Re: Black Pregnant Woman Shot Dead By American Policeman Today by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 14, 2019
We run to conclusion too quickly just because she's 'black'. For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction.

If only she'd obeyed initial instruction.
If only she'd not gone for the tesar.
If only she'd gone to the authorities to report a case of a man in uniform harassing her, she won't have been killed.

Note: I am not justifying her killer, but that if her approach had changed, she would still been alive.

1 Like

Re: Black Pregnant Woman Shot Dead By American Policeman Today by daddytime(m): 9:28pm On May 14, 2019
Na wa oo...

SARS don escape the next level reach Yankee?

What sayest though my collega....Trump
Re: Black Pregnant Woman Shot Dead By American Policeman Today by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 14, 2019
When in Rome, act like the romans.

Do everything possible to make sure you’re in the right, following orders and not breaking the law. Don’t give a policeman any excuse to use force of any kind.

If an officer of the law still decides to be unfortunate then he will be dealt with.

You all should try as much as possible to learn your rights as civilians and the rights of the police as law enforcers.

Knowledge is power. May what you don’t know not kill you.

Stay safe, stay sharp.
Re: Black Pregnant Woman Shot Dead By American Policeman Today by Hotworta1: 10:10pm On May 14, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
We run to conclusion too quickly just because she's 'black'. For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction.

If only she'd gone to the authorities to report a case of a man in uniform harassing her, she won't have been killed.

Note: I am not justifying her killer, but that if her approach had changed, she would still been alive.

As in eh. I get you.
Most times, na person dey carry himself put for trouble.
Na so even arm robber go visit house...women and children go obey their commands but oga of the house go wan show say him be man of house by going to wrestle armed men but will finally get himself fatally shot.

Stubborness no dey pay at all. Let's learn to adhere to simple instructions too.

I also say NO to po po brutality. Rip 2 her
Re: Black Pregnant Woman Shot Dead By American Policeman Today by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 14, 2019
Hotworta1:

As in eh. I get you.
Most times, na person dey carry himself put for trouble.
Na so even arm robber go visit house...women and children go obey their commands but oga of the house go wan show say him be man of house by going to wrestle armed men but will finally get himself fatally shot.

Stubborness no dey pay at all. Let's learn to adhere to simple instructions too.

I also say NO to po po brutality. Rip 2 her
That's the summary of the whole thing. R.I.P to her too.
Re: Black Pregnant Woman Shot Dead By American Policeman Today by Lordknowz: 12:22am On May 15, 2019
GrabHisBalls:

E go involve one of your Fams one day. Nah then you go understand wetin you no understand!
Re: Black Pregnant Woman Shot Dead By American Policeman Today by Hoodbilonia: 7:32am On May 16, 2019
The world don dey tire person abeg
Everything is black
Black Jesus
Fuc k

U dey naija. VIo,roadsafety bullionvan,sars,ndlea,men on black .infct so mant tins fit pai u for naija
U come run reach yankee
See say dia own sars na 24/7
Wtf

So after teaser gun,na 9mm steel he use take off am
Tho black americans get sharp mouth
Nawa o
Wat a way to die
Black Jesus

Re: Black Pregnant Woman Shot Dead By American Policeman Today by stalingraddd(m): 7:45am On May 16, 2019
she wasn't pregnant and she is responsible for what happened to her
Re: Black Pregnant Woman Shot Dead By American Policeman Today by makeitijn: 11:01am On May 16, 2019
stalingraddd:
she wasn't pregnant and she is responsible for what happened to her
you're evil to say d least.
Re: Black Pregnant Woman Shot Dead By American Policeman Today by stalingraddd(m): 7:38pm On May 17, 2019
makeitijn:
you're evil to say d least.
watch the actual video and read the news where it was determined she lied about being pregnant, I'm just stating facts bro

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Herdsmen Kill Five In Fresh Attack On Benue Communities(photos) / Three Slay Queens Were Arrested In An Hotel After They Refused To Pay Bills / Lady Cries Out As Her Lover Proposes To Her With Same Ring He Used For His Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.