Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,791 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:25 AM

Bolawrap: This New Device Can Help Nigerian Police Save Lives - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Bolawrap: This New Device Can Help Nigerian Police Save Lives (1486 Views)

TECNO POVA: 4 Things You Need To Know About The New Device / With A Budget Of 50k, Which Best Device Can I Get?? / Infinix Sets To Launch A New Device With Davido , Patoranking & Ini Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bolawrap: This New Device Can Help Nigerian Police Save Lives by TechCapon(m): 3:59am On May 15, 2019
TechCapon

In Nigeria, the word accidental discharge is a very common and deadly word. A word we have heard too often, a word that has caused pain to many families and sent thousands of youth to their early graves. Luckily, there’s a new device which has been invented and designed for law enforcement officers. It can be used to restrain anyone instead of using live bullets. In Nigeria, the police use live bullets for anyone including unarmed protesters.

Cases where live bullets are not needed, they’ll use live bullets and call it accidental discharge. Now, a company known as Wrap Technologies has designed a handheld “remote restraint device that discharges an 8-foot bola style Kevlar tether at 640 feet per second to entangle a subject at a range of 10-25 feet.”

What this means is that it works like a gun but instead of discharging bullets. Rather it releases a long cable that automatically ties down the suspect. Once discharged, the cable shoots forward with the speed of light like a viper and strangles the suspect. Wrapping, around the target’s ankles, knees, waist, or wherever the shooter points the laser-guided cartridge.

Just in case you’re wondering what the name of this device is, its called the BolaWrap. The cable discharged from it can wrap around the suspect up to three times. This is way much better than unleashing a hail of bullets on the person. This process inflicts no pain on the individuals. It also protects the officer by keeping him at a safe distance while trying to catch someone on the run without the use of guns.

This device will be very handy and effective if introduced into our Nigerian police. This is because it will minimize the level of killings been carried out on a daily basis by the police and labelled accidental discharge. I’m sure the general public which is at the receiving end of police brutality will welcome this idea.

WATCH VIDEO HERE

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/bolawrap-this-new-device-can-help-nigerian-police-save-lives/

Lalasticlala
mynd44
dominique
Re: Bolawrap: This New Device Can Help Nigerian Police Save Lives by TechCapon(m): 4:02am On May 15, 2019
The American company which produces the device even liked my tweet about their product grin

Re: Bolawrap: This New Device Can Help Nigerian Police Save Lives by Boschh(m): 5:50am On May 15, 2019
Naija police wont even use this. They prefer the action-packed ak47 or shotgun.

The device is cool though.. It'd be funny to see armed robbers struggling to escape from a rope tied around their body.

3 Likes

Re: Bolawrap: This New Device Can Help Nigerian Police Save Lives by MJBOLT: 6:13am On May 15, 2019
i dont see nigerian police using it
Re: Bolawrap: This New Device Can Help Nigerian Police Save Lives by TechCapon(m): 6:21am On May 15, 2019
MJBOLT:
i dont see nigerian police using it
that's the problem. I already tagged them on Twitter about the tech. I even yab them join cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bolawrap: This New Device Can Help Nigerian Police Save Lives by TechCapon(m): 6:22am On May 15, 2019
Boschh:

The device is cool though.. It'd be funny to see armed robbers struggling to escape from a rope tied around their body.
lol
Re: Bolawrap: This New Device Can Help Nigerian Police Save Lives by czarina(f): 6:29am On May 15, 2019
TechCapon:
that's the problem. I already tagged them on Twitter about the tech. I even yab them join cheesy
You yab them and you expect them to give you attention? You may wait for a long long time.
Re: Bolawrap: This New Device Can Help Nigerian Police Save Lives by TechCapon(m): 6:39am On May 15, 2019
czarina:
You yab them and you expect them to give you attention? You may wait for a long long time.
lol. No be me dey sell na. It's something that will help their jobs easier after all the IG say they'll use technology to fight crime. It's for their own good cool

1 Like

Re: Bolawrap: This New Device Can Help Nigerian Police Save Lives by Hhenryy: 7:27am On May 15, 2019
What about tasers? They have been around for a long time but our police ain't using it. So what makes you think they will use this one?
Re: Bolawrap: This New Device Can Help Nigerian Police Save Lives by TechCapon(m): 7:29am On May 15, 2019
Hhenryy:
What about tasers? They have been around for a long time but our police ain't using it. So what makes you think they will use this one?
maybe it's too expensive.
Re: Bolawrap: This New Device Can Help Nigerian Police Save Lives by MrBONE2(m): 8:12am On May 15, 2019
Sadly we hunters would be able to it to hunt wild animals, grin

just imagine a BoneBeing testing it on Group of "White Cape Bulfalos" Oh hell just know that will be the end for you grin

Re: Bolawrap: This New Device Can Help Nigerian Police Save Lives by Nobody: 9:15am On May 15, 2019
Boschh:

Yeaaaa
They can’t use this.
They will definitely Object, since they see themselves as NATIONAL HUNTERS....
Re: Bolawrap: This New Device Can Help Nigerian Police Save Lives by franklingud(m): 10:53am On May 15, 2019
The animals zoo police won't like this one.
Re: Bolawrap: This New Device Can Help Nigerian Police Save Lives by Hhenryy: 11:26am On May 15, 2019
TechCapon:
maybe it's too expensive.

You think it's too expensive? But the Technology behind it is not as complex as this Bolawrap.

If tasers are expensive, then Bolawrap would be more expensive.

(1) (Reply)

Us Used LG G6 4gb Ram/32gb Ro@ 38k / Is Redmi8 The Best Gaming Under 50k / The New OPPO A-series: Get Or Pass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.