Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor (18039 Views)

Ihedioha Hires Kanu Agabi SAN,29 Other Lawyers For Review / Sowore: Falana Tells NBA To Discipline Osinbajo, Other Lawyers In Cabinet / PDP, Bala Mohammed Assemble 5 Sans, 60 Other Lawyers To Defend Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by Cyrus176(m): 9:36am On May 15, 2019
naijaguy123456:
Next time Sanusi will learn to keep his mouth shut and not interfere with politics. How can a king that’s on state payroll want to change the governor of his state?

Jonathan should have done that to him ( cut him to pieces) but Jonathan was too weak a president and a leader and besides he’s clueless at everything.

Jonathan respected the will of kano people and let SLS emerge emir without using federal might... give him kudos he was democratic unlike our current APC folks and ppl like gandollar

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by Mathiasa(m): 9:38am On May 15, 2019
Simple just wait till 2023. When he leaves then u can fight for what you think is ur right. But for now, I think the president is with the governor on this one and guess who owns the judiciary?

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:40am On May 15, 2019
lnteresting Game of Thrones Kano version
hmmmm..Not for indomie generation.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by rexwalters: 9:44am On May 15, 2019
naijaguy123456:
Next time Sanusi will learn to keep his mouth shut and not interfere with politics. How can a king that’s on state payroll want to change the governor of his state?

Jonathan should have done that to him ( cut him to pieces) but Jonathan was too weak a president and a leader and besides he’s clueless at everything.
Shut up Aboki what concerns you,are you from Kano State?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by Nobody: 9:45am On May 15, 2019
SoftP:
This man ridiculed the north.

Use to see the seat of emirs as one powerful throne, never knew it was just a political cubicle...
Same here o! I come dey wonder whether dem no get one powerful jazz man for North wey go do Ganduje better strong thing. They can't try this with Oba of benin or Ooni of Ife and live to see the next week. grin
Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by rexwalters: 9:47am On May 15, 2019
Cyrus176:

Jonathan respected the will of kano people and let SLS emerge emir without using federal might... give him kudos he was democratic unlike our current APC folks and ppl like gandollar
Zombie, Federal Government has no jurisdiction when it comes to traditional rulers in a state,it is the exclusive purview of the State Governor & Local Government,go and read the constitution of 1999 as amended before you open your senseless mind and mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by seangy4konji: 10:04am On May 15, 2019
Family business. Not my business.
Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by fasho01(m): 10:05am On May 15, 2019
madridsta007:

There was a subsisting order from the courts, I think, stopping Ganduje. But he still went ahead to create and start these new Emirates. So the question isn’t getting 1,000 SANs. It is getting Ganduje to effect whatever the courts say. And, from indications, he won’t. He has learnt from Buhari or has blessings from Buhari.

There’s only one way Kano people can make him reverse his decision. There’s only one thing tyrants fear and listen to.

And what is that please? Protest??
Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by madridsta007(m): 10:09am On May 15, 2019
fasho01:

And what is that please? Protest??

Sudan is a relatively new example.
Organised protests. From history, that is the only thing that they fall to..

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by fasho01(m): 10:13am On May 15, 2019
madridsta007:

Sudan is a relatively new example.
Organised protests. From history, that is the only thing that they fall to..

I thought as much. But from history in Nigeria, has that ever worked?? Rather security personnel would be used to maim, bully and intimidate the protesters..
Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by madridsta007(m): 10:39am On May 15, 2019
fasho01:

I thought as much. But from history in Nigeria, has that ever worked?? Rather security personnel would be used to maim, bully and intimidate the protesters..

Organised protests was what compelled Babagida to bring in Shonekan after the annulled June 12 elections.
We've seen organised protests, although on very emotive and unreasonable grounds, successfully used against GEJ. Organised, non-violent, sustained protests has had its fair share of successes in Nigeria..

Kano people are good in protests, albeit, sadly, violent protests. I am sure they haven't forgotten the skill they usually and violently deploy in Sabon Gari areas against the non-indigenes. If they want to make Ganduje reverse his "divide and conquer decision", they can easily do so. Anyway, it is their business. They will sort themselves out.

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by omoluka: 10:59am On May 15, 2019
Clean infinix Hot S available for sale at 35000

Call: 07037618186

Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by tillaman(m): 11:14am On May 15, 2019
It’s about to Go down!! May the best player win
Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by fasho01(m): 11:47am On May 15, 2019
madridsta007:

Organised protests was what compelled Babagida to bring in Shonekan after the annulled June 12 elections.
We've seen organised protests, although on very emotive and unreasonable grounds, successfully used against GEJ. Organised, non-violent, sustained protests has had its fair share of successes in Nigeria..

Kano people are good in protests, albeit violent protests. I am sure they haven't forgotten the skill they usually and violently deploy in Sabon Gari areas against the non-indigenes. If they want to make Ganduje reverse his "divide and conquer decision", they can easily do so. Anyway, it is their business. They will sort themselves out.

Thanks for the enlightenment. I just hope as a nation we can harness this powerful tool of organized protest and bring about an overhaul of the current structure. I read in a thread earlier about the ridiculous amount each federal house of assembly member is to get upon inauguration and I weep for this country..

I hope one day we'll get it right as a people because the real power is on our hands and not that of the elites
Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by madridsta007(m): 12:33pm On May 15, 2019
fasho01:

Thanks for the enlightenment. I just hope as a nation we can harness this powerful tool of organized protest and bring about an overhaul of the current structure. I read in a thread earlier about the ridiculous amount each federal house of assembly member is to get upon inauguration and I weep for this country..

I hope one day we'll get it right as a people because the real power is on our hands and not that of the elites

Well, this protest I was referring to is one that should be done in Kano, by Kano State natives. The government there will find it difficult to break it using their/our favourite tool of tribe and religion.

At a national level, it will be very hard to replicate an organised protest. Those times are different from today. Back then, the military was rightfully disdained and seen as despots; it was fairly easy to build interstate and inter-tribal participation, especially in the Southern part of Nigeria, where the economy of the nation is situated. It’s easier to get a people united against a foreign entity— the military were a “foreign entity”. Today, it is going to be difficult, if not impossible. Any pro-people protest will be easily demonised by throwing the "Igbo" word into the mix, no matter how irrational and silly is seem. It works. That is enough to break any consensus needed in the South. It is called "divide and rule", the colonialist style of tyranny which Nigerian rulers have learnt so well.

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by Mogajunior(m): 2:02pm On May 15, 2019
SoftP:
This man ridiculed the north.

Use to see the seat of emirs as one powerful throne, never knew it was just a political cubicle...
EXACTLY MY THOUGHT!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by fasho01(m): 2:24pm On May 15, 2019
madridsta007:

Well, this protest I was referring to is one that should be done in Kano, by Kano State natives. The government there will find it difficult to break it using their/our favourite tool of tribe and religion.

At a national level, it will be very hard to replicate an organised protest. The present times are different from today. Back then, the military was rightfully disdained and seen as despots; it was fairly easy to build interstate and inter-tribal participation, especially in the Southern part of Nigeria, where the economy of the nation is situated. Today, it is going to be difficult, if not impossible. Any pro-people protest will be easily demonised by throwing the "Igbo" word into the mix, no matter how irrational and silly is seem. It works. That is enough to break any consensus needed in the South. It is called "divide and rule", the colonialist style of tyranny which Nigerian rulers have learnt so well.

Doesn't sound silly at all. As hilarious as it may sound, it is very true. The ruling class has really mastered the 'divide and rule' tactics and have messed up with the psyche of the populace that this orientation is being passed down from generation to generation.

As for the first paragraph, I hope the kano indigenes do not fold their arms and watch their cultural heritage dismantled due to political vendetta.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by madridsta007(m): 2:28pm On May 15, 2019
fasho01:

Doesn't sound silly at all. As hilarious as it may sound, it is very true. The ruling class has really mastered the 'divide and rule' tactics and have messed up with the psyche of the populace that this orientation is being passed down from generation to generation.

As for the first paragraph, I hope the kano indigenes do not fold their arms and watch their cultural heritage dismantled due to political vendetta.

Thank you

Haha!
Well, this is my own analysis. Frankly, I am amongst those who are just being entertained by Ganduje and Sanusi and their respective apologists. They will sort themselves out in the end.

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Kingmakers Hire 7 SANs, 17 Other Lawyers To Battle Governor by fasho01(m): 2:35pm On May 15, 2019
madridsta007:

Haha!
Well, this is my own analysis. Frankly, I am amongst those who are just being entertained by Ganduje and Sanusi and their respective apologists. They will sort themselves out in the end.

I am also indifferent about Sanusi's plight and just watching out to see how it all pans out cos I'm certain if Ganduje succeeds in this, the "Ganduje treatment" will become a norm in our political and traditional interface. Las las them go all dey alright..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards / Profile Of Dikko Radda, Katsina Governor-Elect / Supreme Court Ruling: Anxiety In Kano, Sokoto, Bauchi, Benue, Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.