Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,085 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Fuel Subsidy In Nigeria: A Look At The Figures - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fuel Subsidy In Nigeria: A Look At The Figures (193 Views)

Govt Updates On The Figures Of Beneficiaries Of Payroll Supports Of Survival Fun / Nigeria’s Debt Profile Q4 2019: A Look At The Figures / Look At The Snake Killed By My Friend Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy In Nigeria: A Look At The Figures by Databod: 9:43am On May 15, 2019
The Nigerian government in its bid to ease the effect of petroleum pump price on its citizens expended over #9.3 trillion on fuel subsidy over the past ten years. This has continued to raise burning questions in different quarters, with some calling for an end to the payment, while others expressing the need for government to continue the subsidy.

From 2008 to 2010, the federal government spent a total of #1.7 trillion on fuel subsidy, however, in 2011 alone, the federal government spent over #2 trillion subsidizing fuel. This sudden increase instigated the then President in the person of Goodluck Jonathan, to announce the removal of fuel subsidy on the 1st of January, 2012. However, the announcement was greeted by several protests across the country, with many stating their indignation at the removal, while others expressed their displeasure at the insensitivity of the government for making such an announcement on the 1st day of the year.
Databod

Re: Fuel Subsidy In Nigeria: A Look At The Figures by Nobody: 9:47am On May 15, 2019
For me, I think its high time we did away with this fuel subsidy.
cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Daily Nigerian News Highlight / Brexit Talks Collapse After Theresa May And Labour Fail To Reach Deal No Views / Rectangle Pattern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.