|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,252,643 members, 4,933,820 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2019 at 02:22 PM
|15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by AutoJoshNG: 11:49am On May 15|
1. The Admiralty Circle Plaza also referred to as “Admiralty Toll Gate”, is located along the Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki, Lagos.
2. It is located at Eti-Osa Local Government Area of Lagos State in Nigeria.
3. The Admiralty Circle Plaza was constructed for the collection of tolls along the Lekki-Epe Expressway.
4. The construction of the Toll Plaza and the collection of tolls there was originally a Public Private Partnership (PPP) agreement between Lagos State's government and Messrs Lekki Concession Company Limited (LCC).
5. The estimated cost of constructing the Toll-gates, together with the 49.63km road stretching from Ozumba Mbadiwe all the way to Epe at 2008, was N55bn.
6. The concession arrangement between the Lagos State Government and the concessionaire, LCC, was for the concessionaire to collect toll on the road for 30 years.
7. Activities commenced at the Plaza on 5 January 2011.
8. Admiralty Toll Gate is the first of 4 Toll Plaza originally proposed for the 49km Lekki-Epe Expressway.
9. A year after the Admiralty Plaza was opened a second Toll Plaza – Conservation Plaza – opened 10 kilometres away near Chevron.
10. As at 2012, a report estimated that about N10 billion toll is collected at the Admiralty Circle Plaza monthly. With the increase in the tolls paid there since February 2018, that amount is believed to have increased.
11. In November 2013, the Lagos state government reacquired the concession rights on the project at an estimated N25.3bn. This was after N35bn was reported to have been spent on the construction of 30% of the project.
12. There are twenty-two toll points on the Admiralty Plaza.
13. On February 1, 2018, the collection of the increased tolls commenced at the Plaza.
14. The new and current toll paid at the Plaza are as follows: Salon Cars & Tricycle (N200), Commercial Danfo Buses (N100), Motorcycle (N100), Light Truck & 2-Axle Buses (N400), SUV (N250), Heavy duty trucks/buses with 2 or more heavy axles (N1000).
15. There is an alternative route for motorists who do not wish to use the toll plaza.
5 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by allsaint2000: 11:49am On May 15|
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by Canadanow: 11:50am On May 15|
The guy above me... Na airtel Bleep me up ooo... I go catch you soon
9 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by tillaman(m): 11:59am On May 15|
This is good stuff, but they spent N55bn since 2011 they must made 10x of the N55bn, for 30 year abi if I hear, the money don Totori them they won’t stop collecting till Satan repents, if to sey Jimi Agbaje Emerged as the Governor Elect his first agenda was to cancel the toll fee
20 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by hungryboy(m): 12:02pm On May 15|
This one na another revenue point for Lagos politicians.
10billion every month times even 5yrs go cover up the cost of that construction with profit sef, but we are dealing with Nigeria politicians here, so that toll gate go remain dey till the second coming of Christ.
5 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by grandstar(m): 2:49pm On May 15|
I doubt up to 10billion is collected monthly. Seems incredulous.
If it's true, everyone will be involved in infrastructure investment
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by BlackfireX: 2:50pm On May 15|
Very ugly like looking structure....
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by Amuocha: 2:51pm On May 15|
No 16. The bridge was used to siphon money from the people and treasury
3 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by shiki(m): 2:51pm On May 15|
Follow the alternative route and stunk in traffic at four points hotel
Is it true that one man is managing the toll plaza instead of Lagos
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by naijaguy123456(m): 2:51pm On May 15|
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by Joromi12: 2:51pm On May 15|
When lateef jakande built the road to epe he never put toll gate. What is lasg using our tax for self. How can u say 10b was collected monthly more like 1 billion monthly.. Haba bross
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by Dashry(f): 2:53pm On May 15|
See signature below if interested in free digital marketing training
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by sankout(m): 2:53pm On May 15|
At least they are using it for them. .....not everything belongs to the politician
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by bamasite(m): 2:58pm On May 15|
The best Bluetooth speaker is here:
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by toffyz(m): 2:59pm On May 15|
10 billion monthly, then that company must be the richest in Nigeria.
But i doubt they make up to that monthly
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by Germainnery: 3:00pm On May 15|
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by cooltola(m): 3:00pm On May 15|
The money from the tolls is going into Tinubu hands.
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by Houseofglam7(f): 3:01pm On May 15|
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by kingkuntaval: 3:02pm On May 15|
1 billion monthly estimates to about 33million per day, with the level of traffic on that road daily, I swear that's a very conservative estimate. The actual amount generated there especially on weekdays is way higher than that.
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by kunleweb: 3:04pm On May 15|
Lagos state and fraud
work out the maths.
10 billion naira toll monthly. 55 billion loan to construct the road ad toll. Assuming a 100% repayment on the loan facility, it makes it 110 billion to repay the financiers. then why continue to keep extra funds, 10 billion per month amounts to 130 billion per year give or take. Multiply this figure by 10, 20 or 30 years
When whites do things, they do it in good fate, when a black man does his, smh.
And guess what if its officially reported, they generate 10 billion per month, officially 15 to 18 billion per month is been generated
|Re: 15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki by Danwakae(m): 3:14pm On May 15|
Presently it's more than N10bn, my school mates did their projects at the gates and some other roads in Lagos , but they got accurate results for the toll gate.cos.of the slow movement at the gates.
But bro, if u not a VERY VERY VERY BIG NAME, in Nigeria no govt. will allow u do that except on a free service.
That toll gate was aallowed to stand by former president GEJ in order for Baba Tinubu to deliver Lagos in the 2011 presidential election, which he did in 2011...but things went sour btw Baba Tinubu and GEJ when GEJ removed SUBSIDY...
Baba Tinubu went staright to meet Baba Buhari with. 7lives to come and contest even after baba had said he wouldn't contest again after losing at the presidential tribunal. GEJ was eventually removed, tho we missed him in the north Almajiris projects on education and roads.
OUR LEADERS TERMINATES HISTORY AS A SUBJECT AND COURSE SO THAT THEY WOULD ALWAYS HAVE THEIR WAYS....
May Allah have mercy on them...Amin
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79