Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,787 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Reps Dismiss Bill Limiting Public Officials From Foreign Medical Trips - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Dismiss Bill Limiting Public Officials From Foreign Medical Trips (275 Views)

South African Newspaper, IOL, Knocks Buhari Over Frequent Foreign Medical Trips / Stop Buhari From Medical Trips - Senate Committee Tells State House Officials / CCECC Railway Scholarships: List Of Public Officials Who ‘Hijacked’ It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reps Dismiss Bill Limiting Public Officials From Foreign Medical Trips by umahi88(m): 3:09pm On May 15, 2019
A bill seeking to prevent public officials from seeking medical treatment abroad has been thrown out by the house of representatives

Read also: Reasons why rapper Naira Marley wasn't released alongside Zlatan

The bill seeks to regulate international trips for medical treatment by public officers, but the lawmakers argued that it violates the right of the public officials.

While speaking against it, Mohammed Wase from Plateau state, said: “I was in hospital in Nigeria for a check-up, and they said I was fine, friends encouraged me to travel for a checkup, I did only to discover that I was not okay.

I spent three months there, now you are telling me to get approval… please, this bill should be thrown out. Instead of banning people from travelling, we should create an enabling an environment for people to invest in the healthcare sector.”

https://www.newsvib.com/2019/05/reps-dismiss-bill-limiting-public-officials-from-foreign-medical-rips.html
Re: Reps Dismiss Bill Limiting Public Officials From Foreign Medical Trips by daddytime(m): 3:31pm On May 15, 2019
I can imagine what happened and here and how this bill came about.

The sponsor of this bill is obviously one of the observation and sleeping prefects in the house who has been continously mocked for not being active...na him the guy say " shebi na bill una want..make una take dis wan"...

Very funny set of humans...

I shake my head for all of una and my country Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Stop Blaming Oppositions For Your Mass Failure - PDP Slams Buhari Govt / Four Things Prof. Yemi Osinbajo Means To Nigeria, By Nathaniel C. Adoji / Governor Okorocha Of Imo State Unveils The Statue Of Pres. #buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.