Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,898 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Almajiris: Nigeria Is Breeding The Next Generation Of Terrorist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Almajiris: Nigeria Is Breeding The Next Generation Of Terrorist (540 Views)

IPOB Not On List Of Terrorist Groups, Says UK / Don’t Listen To Buhari, Visit Scenes Of Terrorist Attacks, Akintoye Tells UN Sec / SERAP Sues Buhari Over Gag Order On Reporting Of Terrorist Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Almajiris: Nigeria Is Breeding The Next Generation Of Terrorist by samueloduoye(m): 6:42pm On May 15, 2019
Almajiri – a word which was originally used in Islam to describe people who leave their home in search of knowledge, now has a whole different meaning in northern Nigeria. In virtually every part of the north, you will find homeless children roaming the streets aimlessly, begging for food and doing all manner of child labour.

Looking at their numbers, one would wonder if they ever have parents, and surprisingly, many of them do. It’s the perfect description of the rot and poverty in the north, and definitely, the failure of Nigeria’s leaders to address this pressing need. Any erudite Nigerian knows for certain that Nigeria’s poverty index can be largely traced to the north.

Read full article here: https://qwenu.com/2019/05/15/neglect-of-almajiris-in-nigeria-are-northern-elites-breeding-the-next-generation-of-terrorists/
Re: Almajiris: Nigeria Is Breeding The Next Generation Of Terrorist by iammo(m): 6:49pm On May 15, 2019
undecided
Re: Almajiris: Nigeria Is Breeding The Next Generation Of Terrorist by goodnessme1(f): 6:57pm On May 15, 2019
we are the ruler.
Wailers should continue.
Re: Almajiris: Nigeria Is Breeding The Next Generation Of Terrorist by Arkmanbuddy(m): 6:59pm On May 15, 2019
Spot on! If Northern leaders don't do anything about this, those beggers will one day become the next Boko Haram terrorists or form new groups.

Its a shame that all this is happening right under our noses and we're looking idly at it.
Re: Almajiris: Nigeria Is Breeding The Next Generation Of Terrorist by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:29pm On May 15, 2019
funny enough they are product of many wives in the north..... Almajiri is something northern leaders can handle but they have kept quite and dnt know what to do cos they are also quality of fighting sexual immorality in their domains.....instead of seeing them as persons seeking for knowledge as Islam describe them, Almajiri are termed bastards roaming the streets of northern Nigeria. ...May God help us
Re: Almajiris: Nigeria Is Breeding The Next Generation Of Terrorist by theenchanter: 7:49pm On May 15, 2019
I dont know why they're still practicing that thing in d north, i dont think almajiri is still practised anywhere in d world except nigeria.... how can children considered to be searching for knowledge become a destitute in d society. Those children needs school and not an illiterate imam who hasn't catered for his own children.

And funny enough, I heard children are forced to become an almajiri, left to survive on their own by begging throughout d day and still get thoroughly beaten by their islamic tutors.

They should just ban that thing, it's becoming a mayhem.

1 Like

Re: Almajiris: Nigeria Is Breeding The Next Generation Of Terrorist by rejoice4eva(m): 8:52pm On May 15, 2019
Who are the present terrorists and so called bandits making Nigeria currently uninhabitable? I think North is ninety percent of Nigeria current problems
Re: Almajiris: Nigeria Is Breeding The Next Generation Of Terrorist by Ume1991: 8:56pm On May 15, 2019
I have always been wary of north breading potential terrorist in the name of almajiri.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: FG Appoints Captain Rabiu Hamisu Yadudu As FAAN MD / Politicians Exchange Blows During A Meeting (Photos) / Posterity Will Judge Me - Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.