Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Footballer Comes Out As Gay - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Footballer Comes Out As Gay (412 Views)

Carles Puyol Reacts As Iker Casillas Comes Out As Gay / A-league Footballer Comes Out As Gay / "I Am A Sinner For Pussy" - Chichi Igbo Comes Out As Lesbian? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Footballer Comes Out As Gay by fmcjunior(m): 7:00pm On May 15, 2019
Former Newcastle Jets player Andy Brennan has become Australia’s first professional male footballer to come out as gay while still playing the game.

The 26-year-old, who made five appearances for the Jets in 2016 and now plays for Victorian NPL side Green Gully, made the announcement in a social media post on Tuesday night.

He said he had spent many years of uncertainty about his sexuality and the reaction such an announcement would get, but came to the conclusion that being open was the best way for him to feel comfortable.

“I’m gay,” he wrote in an essay published by Professional Footballers Australia, the players’ union. “It’s incredible saying that now; it feels amazing. And weirdly, it doesn’t feel like a big deal. Really in 2019, it shouldn’t be.

“But I couldn’t be happier that despite taking so long, ruminating over this decision for so many years and being entirely unsure about myself, I can finally come out and say it.”

He joins Ian Roberts as the only top-level Australian sportsman in the major football codes to ever have come out as gay while still playing. Roberts, a former NRL player, came out in 1995.

Re: Footballer Comes Out As Gay by Scrap2Wealth1(m): 7:01pm On May 15, 2019
‘I have been afflicted with distress, and Thou art the Most Merciful of all those who show mercy. “(21:84) on Wednesday 8 May 2019 Almighty decree upon my son a disester after he came back from school he went to his place of work were his Oga send him to light a fire without him knowing there is a gallon of fuel beneath him after starting the fire the gallon of fuel explode and an burn him bad all over even around his genitals, so far we have went to the hospital and right now I have spend a lot of money please brothers help my son gain his health back I know we are in trying times, we need your prayers and donations with what so ever GOD put in your heart no amount is to small or big.

Bank : Fidelity Bank
Account number: 6018455723
Account name: Adamu Usman Danjuma.

We Are Admitted At

AT-TATBIQ ISLAMIC MEDICAL CENTER
Address : 26/28 J. Alkasim Road, kinkinau Kaduna

(1) (Reply)

Champions League Squad Of The 2018/2019 Season / Green House / Gerrard Tells The Truth About Him Replacing Chelsea Lampard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.