Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages (8200 Views)

Can A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man? / Ruling On A Muslim Man Marrying A Non-muslim Woman And Vice Versa / Arewa Big Boys Pose With Exotic Cars To Celebrate Eid Mubarak(photos+videos) (2) (3) (4)

Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by etcsines: 11:01pm On May 15, 2019
@titiloyeblog.com

A Muslim man has spoken out against child marriages prevalent in northern Nigeria and pleaded with leaders and Mallams to begin speaking against it.

Umar Ibrahim tweeted:

I want to go on my knees and beg Arewa Leaders and Mallams, please start speaking against child marriages. It is painful and hearts wrenching to see a child struggling to back a baby, and when I asked I was told it's her baby. I was shivering in anger while sharing the gift money.

He continued:

I asked and was told it's a normal sight at the hospital. This isn't Islam! This is your culture and it is barbaric. I'd rather not marry than marry a child. I make bold to say if you have a sister being married off at below 16 please runaway with her.

He went on to add:

Those predators will marry her, divorce her with pregnancy and she'd end up being that which you think you want to prevent her from being. We have them all around already.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/05/muslim-man-pleads-with-arewa-leaders-to.html

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 15, 2019
The thing is that, they want to compare their daughters that aren't busty like Arab and white girls,
the fact that you can't compare the norm of ancient to this modern,and also all those girls around Europe,middle east quickly grow than our own here.

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by SageMK: 11:25pm On May 15, 2019
A girl at 16 is still a minor. She's not an adult. undecided

In fact allow them to build their lives first. Don't marry them off into isolation & poverty. Let them finish school.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by CreepyBlackpool: 6:12am On May 16, 2019
Since you're pleading for the impossible, might as well plead for pastors to stop extorting the poor in form of thiting smiley

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by OSUigboKiller: 11:19am On May 16, 2019
NICE ONE

FROM

AB0ki
Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by iammo(m): 11:19am On May 16, 2019

I like his stance. Child bride, Almajiri and other vices are Not Islam but their culture, every tribe on earth once practised child bride, but they stoped it long time ago, as culture is simply customary laws and way of life that govern some group of people at a particular time.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by baby124: 11:24am On May 16, 2019
Those children born by underage mothers are the ones bombing the whole northern Nigeria. When a woman lacks the ability to cater for and feed her child you better watch out for what that child will become.

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by Jikobo(m): 11:25am On May 16, 2019
This is good.

These parents need to stop auctioning their female children to old alhajis. Makes no sense.

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by Turantula(m): 11:25am On May 16, 2019
Umar Ibrahim is IPOB

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by Champneys: 11:28am On May 16, 2019
Valid.
Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by Pavore9: 11:30am On May 16, 2019
They just find it difficult to accept that child marriage results to perpetuating poverty and low human capital development.

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by Pavore9: 11:32am On May 16, 2019
baby124:
Those children born by underage mothers are the ones bombing the whole northern Nigeria. When a woman lacks the ability to cater for and feed her child you better watch out for what that child will become.

The child ends up becoming a security risk, reason Boko Haram has a steady flow of recruits. The funds that ought to be used to develop human capital, build infrastructure etc would then be used to procure arms to fight them!

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by mujaya1(m): 11:36am On May 16, 2019
5 Ways, How Hausa People See Other People: [b]number 3[/b]hausa man see other people as wicked and cheated but in reality hausa are more cheater them you expect it, imagined hausa are the number one in marriage divorce, the moment you give your daughter to hausa man, if not care is taking he will divorce her, sometime with 3 to 7 kid, and jump to another place and marry another, or you see and old man with many children divorce his wife and marry young girl, that is why you see many children not been taking care in north, because there marriage is after sex.

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by osuofia2(m): 11:37am On May 16, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
Since you're pleading for the impossible, might as well plead for pastors to stop extorting the poor in form of thiting smiley
mumu, they are talking of under age marriage, this goat is talking of tithe, ask yourself why is it that the rich muslims dont give their under age child out for marriage but it is usually the poor ones like you that support such. bastardsssss

24 Likes

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by Nobody: 11:45am On May 16, 2019
This guy wants to receive Sanusi's treatment.

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by Nobody: 11:52am On May 16, 2019
iammo:

I like his stance. Child bride, Almajiri and other vices are Not Islam but their culture, every tribe on earth once practised child bride, but they stoped it long time ago, as culture is simply customary laws and way of life that govern some group of people at a particular time.

Igbo never did it and we are not known for that, anyone who tries it would be seen as mad man and would be condemned, we only married 2 or more wives which we have stopped

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by illiteratepmb: 11:57am On May 16, 2019
He is not a true Muslim. Mohammed married Aisha and started sleeping with her when she was 9.

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by goshen26: 12:03pm On May 16, 2019
Reason why they are after Sanusi for always saying the truth

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 16, 2019
illiteratepmb:
He is not a true Muslim. Mohammed married Aisha and started sleeping with her when she was 9.
while 90years old joseph did the same to 12 years old Mary,the mother of holy Jesus!

the fact that you can't compare the norm of ancient to this modern,and also all those girls around Europe,middle east quickly grow than our own here.

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by XklusivGistBlog(m): 12:15pm On May 16, 2019
abdelrahman:
while 90years old joseph did the same to 12 years old Mary,the mother of holy Jesus!

Ogun kill you there... Islamabad

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by NaMeAboki: 12:30pm On May 16, 2019
Isinweke:

Igbo never did it and we are not known for that, anyone who tries it would be seen as mad man and would be condemned, we only married 2 or more wives which we have stopped

Follow this link and open your eyes - some cultures in Ebonyi and Anambra marry off girls as young as 10 yrs to men old enough to be their grand fathers.

https://www.takemetonaija.com/2017/06/history-paedophilia-culture-in-eastern.html
Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by nellyelitz(m): 12:52pm On May 16, 2019
XklusivGistBlog:

Ogun kill you there... Islamabad
90 yrs old Joseph and 12yrs old Mary? the head slamming is really shifting ur brain.
ers

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 16, 2019
NaMeAboki:

Follow this link and open your eyes - some cultures in Ebonyi and Anambra marry off girls as young as 10 yrs to men old enough to be their grand fathers.

https://www.takemetonaija.com/2017/06/history-paedophilia-culture-in-eastern.html

You lack sense, I told you we don't and didn't do that in Igbo land but your rushed to show me where a Yoruba media said otherwise with their fake propaganda. next you'll bring that Osundefender websites.

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 16, 2019
illiteratepmb:

You are wrong,

Prophet Muhammad married Aisha at the age of 6 and had sex with her at the age of 9.

That boy calling for child marriage to stop must be a disbeliever

Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by SheikhMuniru(m): 1:43pm On May 16, 2019
Child Marriage Is In The Sunnah Of Prophet Muhammad PBUH... Aisha Was 9 When She Was Given To The Prophet As Wife
Re: Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages by chuose2: 2:21pm On May 16, 2019
Isinweke:

You are wrong,

Prophet Muhammad married Aisha at the age of 6 and had sex with her at the age of 9.

That boy calling for child marriage to stop must be a disbeliever

If child marriage is good for Mohammed, its good for muslims.

Hadith of Muslim, volume 2, #3309
Aisha reported: Allah’s Messenger married me when I was six years old.

Thats why I Love Jesus, no such rubbish

Muhammad Killed People, So How Can He Be Good? / Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed / The Most Noble In The Sight Of Allah Is The Most Of Righteous. Be Humble! (pics)