Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,526 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

EFCC Arrests Newly Elected Lawmaker For Defrauding A Lady Of N26m - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Newly Elected Lawmaker For Defrauding A Lady Of N26m (196 Views)

EFCC Arrests Kwara Pastor Adeniyi James For Defrauding Church Member N3.9m / Nigerian Man Arrested In Cambodia For Defrauding A Woman Of $5,000 On Facebook / Woman Arrested For Defrauding A Pastor Of N23 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Newly Elected Lawmaker For Defrauding A Lady Of N26m by MrGidifeed: 6:42am On May 17, 2019
EFCC Arrests Newly Elected Lawmaker For Defrauding A Lady of N26m To Fund Campaign

EFCC, Ilorin Zonal Office has arrested a member-elect of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Hon. Abdulgafar Ayinla, over his alleged involvement in property scam, forgery and obtaining money under false pretence to the tune of about N26m.

Ayinla who is expected to be sworn-in on May 29 2019 has confessed to the commission of crime, disclosing that he used the money to finance his political campaigns.

The petitioner who resides in USA stated that Ayinla, who is a legal practitioner, was introduced to her by her late Aunt as capable of helping her purchase some properties in Ilorin, Kwara State.

According to her, "The Lawmaker-elect sold to me another two plots of land with four bedroom bungalow at window level at Agric area of Ilorin. I paid N8, 240, 000 commission of which Ayinla informed me that the seller had received his money but he never paid the money to the seller up till today, and never refunded the money to me."

The suspect disclosed that he diverted the money to his personal use and promised to pay back when he receives his wardrobe allowance from the Kwara State House of Assembly. He would soon be charged to court.

Source; https://ngg.ng/2019/05/17/efcc-arrests-newly-elected-lawmaker-for-defrauding-a-lady-of-n26m-to-fund-campaign/
Lalasticlala OAM4J, Mynd44

Re: EFCC Arrests Newly Elected Lawmaker For Defrauding A Lady Of N26m by 155firefox: 6:51am On May 17, 2019
fraudsters everywhere...

(1) (Reply)

Corps Member Beware Of Scammer... / Kano Police Intercept 303 Cartons Of Tramadol Worth N2bn / 13 Suspected Criminals Arrested In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.