Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,080 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:24 PM

I Am A Nigeria By Joshua Nicholas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am A Nigeria By Joshua Nicholas (221 Views)

Nicholas Ukachukwu: Real Story On Demolition Of Igbo Man Property In Abuja– Wike / Nicholas Mutu: Abandoned NDDC Projects Of Lawmaker Mentioned By Akpabio / Meet Nicholas Felix, 37-Year-Old PCP Presidential Candidate Who Came 3rd In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am A Nigeria By Joshua Nicholas by joshuannicholas(m): 7:23am On May 17, 2019
*I AM A 'NIGERIA'*
By Joshua Nicholas

A mini Nigeria that's what you are. You can give Nigeria a new meaning, just by adding beauty to the way you think.
A penny of progress to your Nation... A pound of success to you. If what goes around comes around, then a curse isn't the best for the Nation.
If you are a 'Nigeria' and you are saying: "Nigeria is messed up, this country is stinking" etc. You are equally saying to yourself: "iam messed up, I am stinking." If everyone can be a paradigm plus an added value of transparency, then no one will belabour on devaluation. It is our collective responsibility to grow our Nation without being cajoled to do so.
Why do we sing the lines: "Nigeria's call obey." It is because whether consciously or unconsciously we have been called upon in pushing Nigeria forward.
"To serve our fatherland." Service is not only NYSC, it is responding to the clarion call in our homes, offices, schools, churches, businesses, etc to be patriotic at all odds not minding the circumstance.
"With love, and strength and faith." How many of us still have this encompassing charity for our brethren, with tribe, race, religion, values etc not withstanding? Where is the strength that we profess here? And has the faith lost his faith? Then why in little adversity we all seem to have given up?
"To serve with heart and might." Did you just say you are not a soldier? You are to serve your fatherland with heart and might. This means that you have to be brave, you have to be conscious of the might that guided our founding fathers.
"I pledge to Nigeria my country to be faithful, loyal and honest." You pledge? Did you often forget that when you use that same mouth to bite and curse. We are talking about faithfulness; this prohibits promiscuity and infidelity to your nation, loyalty its a sign of nobility; as a noble citizen it is mandatory that you be loyal, honesty defiles the 'rich quick' syndrome and supports integrity no matter the cost.
It Is you that said you will "serve Nigeria with all your strength" or have you forgotten that too.
You promised to "defend her unity" not to carry the news of tribal hate, secession and sponsor disunity; you are expected to integrate not to disintegrate.
AND UPHOLD HER HONOUR AND GLORY
SO HELP ME GOD
Yes I am a NIGERIA
God bless my Nation!!!

*NIGERIAN FACTS*
Agbani Darego, a Nigerian University
undergraduate was the first African to
win the Miss World Beauty Pageant