Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

BREAKING News: Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking Removal Of Saraki, Dogara, 52 Othe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING News: Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking Removal Of Saraki, Dogara, 52 Othe (279 Views)

Outcry As Saraki, Dogara Sit On Late Legislators Seats / What Saraki, Dogara, Other Npdp Members Actually Want – Oyegun / EXCLUSIVE: DSS Withdraws Operatives From Saraki, Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING News: Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking Removal Of Saraki, Dogara, 52 Othe by shelegangan90: 1:12pm On May 17, 2019
A suit filed by a civil society group, the Legal Defence and Assistance Project has been struck out by court.

Saraki and Dogara

A Federal High Court in Abuja has struck out a suit that sought the sack of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, House of Representatives Speaker, Yakubu Dogara and 52 other National Assembly members who defected last year from the political parties on whose. platforms they got to the office.

According to Punch, in a judgment on Friday, Justice Okon Abang held that despite the plaintiff’s noble intention, his court lacked the jurisdiction to determine the merit of its claims in the case, because the plaintiff lacked the locus standi (the legal capacity) to initiate the suit.

The suit was filed by a civil society group, the Legal Defence and Assistance Project (LEDAP).

Justice Abang was of the view that the fact that the plaintiff is a registered corporate body under the Company and Allied Matters Act was insufficient to clothe with the right to sue on behalf of the public.

The judge said the plaintiff’s failure to join the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Action Democratic Congress (ADC) – (affected by the defecting lawmakers’ action) – was fatal to the suit.

He noted that, not being the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the political parties affected by the legislators’ defection, a member of any of the political parties, a member of the constituencies of the defecting lawmakers or a registered voters in the lawmakers’ constituencies, the plaintiff lacked the legal capacity to file the suit.

Details shortly…

https://shelegangan.com.ng/2019/05/17/breaking-news-court-strikes-out-suit-seeking-removal-of-saraki-dogara-52-other-lawmakers/

Re: BREAKING News: Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking Removal Of Saraki, Dogara, 52 Othe by Scrap2Wealth1(m): 1:14pm On May 17, 2019
Dear my fellow nairalanders ‘I have been afflicted with distress, and Thou art the Most Merciful of all those who show mercy. “(21:84) on Wednesday 8 May 2019 Almighty decree upon my son a disester after he came back from school he went to his place of work were his Oga send him to light a fire without him knowing there is a gallon of fuel beneath him after starting the fire the gallon of fuel explode and an burn him bad all over even around his genitals, so far we have went to the hospital and right now I have spend a lot of money please brothers help my son gain his health back I know we are in trying times, we need your prayers and donations with what so ever GOD put in your heart no amount is to small or big.

Bank : Fidelity Bank
Account number: 6018455723
Account name: Adamu Usman Danjuma.

We Are Admitted At

AT-TATBIQ ISLAMIC MEDICAL CENTER
Address : 26/28 J. Alkasim Road, kinkinau Kaduna

Re: BREAKING News: Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking Removal Of Saraki, Dogara, 52 Othe by Mynd44: 1:35pm On May 17, 2019

(1)

Akeredolu Speaks On Legalizing ‘marijuana’ In Ondo State / The Most Rational Reasoning On Recent High Rate Of Suicide In Nigeria / FULANIZATION Is A New Term To Nigerians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.