Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:40 PM

OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football (31599 Views)

Job Alawari-Kei: FUO Student Slumps, Dies From Illicit Drug Overdose In Bayelsa / Final Year MAPOLY Student Slumps And Dies While Taking Her Bath (Photo) / Abuja Law School Student Slumps And Dies On New Year’s Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football by robinsonmfon(m): 5:21am On May 18, 2019
Emyjeze:
Hmmmmm exactly what am passing through. I played lots of football during my secondary school days and i can play from beginning till end, but after sec, i stopped. In my year one in higher institution i tried playing once and nearly collapsed after playing for 5min. Since then i quite, ma no come die ontop wetn ah no no
we plenty o. chai
Re: OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football by BIGDADDY000(m): 7:03am On May 18, 2019
Obagoblog:
RIP...

my own problem is that any time I start playing football, my heart start racing so hard as if I'm about to loose it.

I will have to go somewhere to lie while battling with my breath then after seeing minutes, I'll come back to my normal breathing level.

Is it because I've stayed so long without playing football?
i think you nailed it bro, because thats exactly how it do happen to me too.
Re: OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football by donprinyo(m): 7:25am On May 18, 2019
Alcohol(derok, action bitter, etc) and sports no de rhyme at all. Rest in peace bro
Re: OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football by maasoap(m): 7:57am On May 18, 2019
Obagoblog:
RIP...

my own problem is that any time I start playing football, my heart start racing so hard as if I'm about to loose it.

I will have to go somewhere to lie while battling with my breath then after seeing minutes, I'll come back to my normal breathing level.

>Quit playing football.
>Get an Omron blood pressure checker and read how to use it properly on the internet or let a nurse or doctor teaches you. Use it to check your BP regularly. It puts one on one's toes. That's what I did.
>Engage in few minutes walking and jogging daily, then increase it with time. That's what I did though I'm becoming lazy again.
>Reduce your salt intake by all means.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football by Bukasint(f): 8:07am On May 18, 2019
hausadreturn:
All this unnecessary shalaye sef.
What are you even saying?

What has his death got to do with the doctor?

It means that his sudden death could have been avoided if he had gone to do the ECG as an undergraduate and I heard he did not even finish his Health center registration meaning he missed out from the screening which would have been seen by the Doctor.

Now that he died with that heart condition we have to blame him for his negligence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football by Nobody: 8:12am On May 18, 2019
Bukasint:

It means that his sudden death could have been avoided if he had gone to do the ECG as an undergraduate and I heard he did not even finish his Health center registration meaning he missed out from the screening which would have been seen by the Doctor.

Now that he died with that heart condition we have to blame him for his negligence.

Good post.

However, a normal resting ECG might not show any issue with the heart. What the guy could have done is a stress ECG, an ecg done while the guy is exercising under controlled conditions..that might show something.

(If he was going to play football for a European club-side, he also would have done an echocardiogram....which is more detailed...and which is something that Kanu 's then club Inter did when he joined them that saved his life).
Re: OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football by chiboy1116: 8:23am On May 18, 2019
Obagoblog:
RIP...

if it persists , u should see a doctor then .
Re: OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football by adesipe(m): 9:52am On May 18, 2019

Obagoblog:
RIP...

A good deferential is ischemic heart disease (IHD). Meaning poor oxygen supply to the myocardium(heart muscles). StagebDyspnea (difficulty in breathing) is likely class 2 ( dyspnea on submaximal exercise). Most Common cause in 90% of cases include obstructive atherosclerotic lesions that begin in childhood or adolescence.

Avoid smoking, high cholesterol diet, moderately exercise, obesity also poses a risk

Do visit a Doc for proper investigation / medication

1 Like

Re: OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football by chadrain(m): 10:03am On May 18, 2019
Return if possible[color=#006600][/color]
Re: OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football by charlsecy(m): 11:01am On May 18, 2019
It could be you guys are just unfit, or it could be you need some examination by qualified doctors. I recommend you see a cardiologist at a well-equipped hospital. Some tests worthy of mention include: ECG, Echocardiogram, Stress Echocardiogram, Lipid profile, and the likes.

Onigbindemmd Obagoblog sodiqapril Lorst Emyjeze charliboy654 kunleiky robinsonmfon BIGDADDY000

1 Like

Re: OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football by Emyjeze(m): 11:18am On May 18, 2019
charlsecy:
It could be you guys are just unfit, or it could be you need some examination by qualified doctors. I recommend you see a cardiologist at a well-equipped hospital. Some tests worthy of mention include: ECG, Echocardiogram, Stress Echocardiogram, Lipid profile, and the likes.

ooook. . . . Noted thanx
Re: OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football by engrelvis(m): 11:34am On May 18, 2019
Lorst:

Me too!.My heart would be racing very fast and I would feel like fainting most of the time-Not trying to make light of it but; my eyes will just be turninoninown...then after a while it will subside.To be sincere,the thing dey make fear catch me sometimes but...I just too like football cry

Abeg make dem create whatsapp group for us.
u r taking a big risk bro.y don't u do a thorough body medical check up first? Life nor get duplicate
Re: OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football by onyxo76(m): 11:48am On May 18, 2019
Bukasint:

its a pity we lost him but then records have shown that more 60% of the students failed to register at the health centre even up to final year, most of the underlying medical conditions would have picked up during the freshmen screening , a lot of those conditions are quite fatal with a low chance of survival when they happen, so its better to take precautions if you are discovered to be at risk, however, most students are not bothered about their health status.
Re: OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football by Rawmalik: 12:12pm On May 18, 2019
Obagoblog:
RIP...

dude stop o. Sports and strenuous activity is not for you. Stop.
Re: OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football by GenFunction: 12:37pm On May 18, 2019
whats happening to our institutions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football by KingBaba1(m): 1:00pm On May 18, 2019
charliboy654:

I don't think succer is the issue, it happens to alot of people, if u stop sport activities for a long time, when u start again, such things happens. It happen to me too.
well I understand that, and that's why one need to start the exercise little by little too, so that the breath will also increase gradually without over working your heart. lite exercise is the beat for anyone who has stopped exercising for a long time ago
Re: OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football by kunleiky(m): 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2023
charlsecy:

Maybe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AT 21, She Has Never Menstruated Before: She Needs Medical advice / This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos) / Clamp Down On Mad People In Anambra State Begins (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.