Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water (9350 Views)

SOLD!!!! Toks 2004 Pontiac Vibe (same As Toyota Matrix); N1.5m Only. 08034212590 / We Facelift/Upgrade...BENZ/BMW/Audi/Lexus/Porsche/Toyota/Honda & More (4d Ceo's) / Start Saving As Toyota Camry 2018 Model Will Flood Market Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by hadjibabaondrun: 3:00pm On May 19, 2019
To run a car (an engine) on water, you will have to figure out a way to get energy out of water.

That’s going to be (at best) difficult.

One way to get energy out of substance is (in general) to oxidize it - as in burn it.

I suggest you try an experiment and figure out a way that you can set water on fire.

Before you spend too much time doing that, consider that water is frequently used to put out a fire. Also consider liquid fueled rockets. These use hydrogen and oxygen. Those 2 elements are combined to produce a lot of energy (that big flame that comes out of the bottom of the rocket) and water.

Barring the whole science thing, consider this…If it was possible to power anything from water, economically it would have been done a long time ago.

In summary, anyone saying that they have invented or they know of a way to power any type of engine using water are full of BS.

1 Like

Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by godwinony(m): 3:13pm On May 19, 2019
I'm longing for that day when our crude oil will not be so coveted and therefore useless. That thing is the root of Nigeria's corruption. Our leaders go take am drink and baff by then
Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by Basher8583: 4:08pm On May 19, 2019
femidejulius:

This shows you know nothing about geophysics, water and sustainability. I told you already about ground water depletion. So you dig boreholes all over the world and when volcanic eruption occur, boom! You are gone and we can't find your remains. And what happens if you finish the underground water that took millions of years to be underneath us?

I have access to all the water I need personally but unlike you I am not ignorant to understand that there are billions of you and I all over the world that can't rely on boreholes for water.

Keep decieving yourself as intelligent. The more you talk the more you expose your ignorance.

Note that researching is not a luxury. It really doesn't cost anything to research you know.
You keep dishing out trash and making it seem like an intelligent vibe. But to me it's all trash filled with un-informed data. I mean who talks like this. Do you know the percentage of water to land on this planet earth.
I will just advise you to keep silent. Arguing with me is a lost battle for you at the intellectual level.
Imagine talking about geophysics... What do you even know about geophysics?
Smh. By the time I start with you on that topic you will then know why you shouldn't dabble in areas where you don have competence.
You first started with your blunder in Chemistry now you want to jump straight to Geophysics.

SMH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by Ohraykon: 4:15pm On May 19, 2019
femidejulius:
While I am aware of emerging technologies and the fact that technology is dynamic, I will say categorically that cars will never run on water, at least there will be no mass production on cars that run on water.

Hydrogen cars may emerge in the market but the hydrogen will never be produced by using water.

Water isn't as cheap as you think. If all cars are to run on water, there will be no more water for humans, animals and plants.
prophet of doom pessimistic man
Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by Basher8583: 4:19pm On May 19, 2019
hadjibabaondrun:
To run a car (an engine) on water, you will have to figure out a way to get energy out of water.

That’s going to be (at best) difficult.

One way to get energy out of substance is (in general) to oxidize it - as in burn it.

I suggest you try an experiment and figure out a way that you can set water on fire.

Before you spend too much time doing that, consider that water is frequently used to put out a fire. Also consider liquid fueled rockets. These use hydrogen and oxygen. Those 2 elements are combined to produce a lot of energy (that big flame that comes out of the bottom of the rocket) and water.

Barring the whole science thing, consider this…If it was possible to power anything from water, economically it would have been done a long time ago.

In summary, anyone saying that they have invented or they know of a way to power any type of engine using water are full of BS.
You my friend has spoken intelligently.
Electrolysis of water can separate the hydrogen and oxygen molecules. However the process is not sustainable to support continuous combustion as in a car's engine.
Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by Elijahrona(m): 5:13pm On May 19, 2019
femidejulius:
While I am aware of emerging technologies and the fact that technology is dynamic, I will say categorically that cars will never run on water, at least there will be no mass production on cars that run on water.

Hydrogen cars may emerge in the market but the hydrogen will never be produced by using water.

Water isn't as cheap as you think. If all cars are to run on water, there will be no more water for humans, animals and plants.

71% of the Earth's surface is covered in water

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by budaatum: 5:41pm On May 19, 2019
thesolutions:
Hydrogen gas is very expensive in nature.
You can not remove hydrogen from water. Not by heating no by any other chemical reaction. So cars can never run on water.

If you’re hoping a Mirai will save you some cash over the course of a year, forget it. Electricity may be cheap, but fuelling a car with hydrogen costs about the same as a petrol or diesel motor. Then there’s the price of the car itself, in excess of £60,000 even after a government grant.
https://www.whatcar.com/toyota/mirai/saloon/review/n17273/buying-owning
Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by Nukilia: 6:03pm On May 19, 2019
Basher8583:

Keep decieving yourself as intelligent. The more you talk the more you expose your ignorance.
Note that researching is not a luxury. It really doesn't cost anything to research you know.
You keep dishing out trash and making it seem like an intelligent vibe. But to me it's all trash filled with un-informed data. I mean who talks like this. Do you know the percentage of water to land on this planet earth.
I will just advise you to keep silent. Arguing with me is a lost battle for you at the intellectual level.
Smh. By the time I start with you on that topic you will then know why you shouldn't dabble in areas where you don have competence.
You first started with your blunder in Chemistry now you want to jump straight to Geophysics.
SMH

Too much sense no go kee you cheesy cheesy grin. Thumbs up

2 Likes

Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by femidejulius(m): 6:53pm On May 19, 2019
Basher8583:

SMH

You ignorantly started talking about drilling boreholes without you thinking that only 0.6% of earth's water is in groundwater and soil moisture. You thought a hole can be drilled everywhere and bam, there is water for everyone. How unintelligent! Now, you are talking about the percentage of water on earth. Do you have any idea how expensive it will be to bring the water from the seas and oceans to many countries of the world for use as cars? Stop attacking my person. Attack my discussions.

I insist that there are not enough water to go round for cars if all cars were to run on water. While over 90 percent of the earth is covered by water, a lot of these water are inaccessible to billions. Even if you can assess the oceans and inland seas, lots of water exist in the form of icebergs.

Perhaps, your "intellectual level" will allow you to understand that there are lots of things you can still learn Mr. Head Shaker, trash writer.
Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by Orodje(m): 7:16pm On May 19, 2019
Basher8583:

You are probably leaving is an area with little access to water. There's water everywhere.
Drill a borehole and you will have unlimited access to it

Very true

1 Like

Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by femidejulius(m): 8:40pm On May 19, 2019
Orodje:

Very true

What's very true? You also think that clown knows what he was saying when he said boreholes guarantee water? There are instances when after digging boreholes, you will find no water.

Click this journal:
https://bwa.co.za/the-borehole-water-journal/2016/8/13/what-to-look-for-when-drilling-a-borehole

Read this section: WHAT IF THE DRILLER DOES NOT FIND WATER?
Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by Erums(m): 8:52pm On May 19, 2019
femidejulius:

Think about it. How many gallons of petrol do you think cars run on in Nigeria alone? How many Nigerians do not have access to water? How many has to ration it daily especially in the dry season? If cars start using water, it will be more scare.

Even in developed countries, water is retreated and recirculated. In developing countries, groundwater is being depleted daily. Water isn't as cheap as you think.

Oh Pls
. Shit the Bleep up...
Water represent more than 80% of total earth mass, its consumable water that is 0.5%....if cars will not run on consumable water only.. The Bleep it.. Water will be available and treatment company's will rise up rather than oil company's..... U hear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by femidejulius(m): 9:16pm On May 19, 2019
Erums:

Oh Pls
. Shit the Bleep up...
Water represent more than 80% of total earth mass, its consumable water that is 0.5%....if cars will not run on consumable water only.. The Bleep it.. Water will be available and treatment company's will rise up rather than oil company's..... U hear

I don't actually respond to irresponsible people who can't do but use the f*** word. Maybe when you learn how to talk on public platforms. Maybe.
Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by Erums(m): 9:22pm On May 19, 2019
femidejulius:

I don't actually respond to irresponsible people who can't do but use the f*** word. Maybe when you learn how to talk on public platforms. Maybe.

So don't extend your ignorance by responding.. Cos it's gonna be more fvck use

1 Like

Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by Basher8583: 10:39pm On May 19, 2019
femidejulius:

You ignorantly started talking about drilling boreholes without you thinking that only 0.6% of earth's water is in groundwater and soil moisture. You thought a hole can be drilled everywhere and bam, there is water for everyone. How unintelligent! Now, you are talking about the percentage of water on earth. Do you have any idea how expensive it will be to bring the water from the seas and oceans to many countries of the world for use as cars? Stop attacking my person. Attack my discussions.

I insist that there are not enough water to go round for cars if all cars were to run on water. While over 90 percent of the earth is covered by water, a lot of these water are inaccessible to billions. Even if you can assess the oceans and inland seas, lots of water exist in the form of icebergs.

Perhaps, your "intellectual level" will allow you to understand that there are lots of things you can still learn Mr. Head Shaker, trash writer.

Ok oh. Ive heard Mr Professor of Chemistry and Geophysics.
You are correct. Just keep your opinion to yourself. It's safer that way

1 Like

Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by Eroghero(m): 11:06pm On May 19, 2019
thesolutions:
Hydrogen gas is very expensive in nature.
You can not remove hydrogen from water. Not by heating no by any other chemical reaction. So cars can never run on water.
how sure are you. With tech many things can be done
Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by Simplecity(m): 11:13pm On May 19, 2019
Kingpee2:
When ? year 2098�
no when Jesus comes angry
Re: Trouble For Nigeria As Toyota, Honda Produce Cars That Run On Water by ifalola22(m): 1:30pm On Aug 25, 2020
I help people for there spiritual problem I do quick riches love attraction market sale favour and I cure many type of call 08181234488

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Sienna 2010/11 LE Leather/Revcam/Fulloption Used...4m Now SOLD SOLD / Toks 2016 Lexus ES350 Full Option And Accident Free / Used Honda Bulldog For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.