Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,909 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

My Meeting With A Publisher - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Meeting With A Publisher (1629 Views)

My Meeting With Nehemiah "Aye Local Ni Foreign" - A Short Story / I Need A Publisher For My Book / I Need A Publisher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Meeting With A Publisher by jesuseun1(m): 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2010
I will be having a meeting with a Publisher in a week time,I was invited inrespect of my proposal I sent to them to consider my book for Publishing. I need you guys advise on what and what to discuss during the meeting.

Most likely,after the meeting We might likely be signing a MOU,I really want to know what and what terms I need to include so as to favour me.Also the percentage of the royalty on every copy sold.

I already have a copyright of the manuscript.The book focuses on youth and leadership.

Hope to hear from u smart and intelligent guys.

thank you.
Re: My Meeting With A Publisher by Orikinla(m): 7:26pm On Sep 25, 2010
Your work is enough to speak for you.

The most important thing is; if the publisher has a good distribution network to make sure that your book is available and next is royalty.
Try to avoid paying or sharing in the cost of editing and printing the book, because in most cases, the smart publisher will tell you that he is contributing 50% or more and ask you to pay the remaining price, but he is going to use only your money behind your back.

I saw where a major Nigerian publisher asked the author to contribute 50% and that money was enough to produce the 1, 000 copies if she did it by herself.

I wish you all the best.
Re: My Meeting With A Publisher by MyneWhite1(f): 12:44am On Sep 28, 2010
Orikinla has hit the nail on the head. Just be careful.
Re: My Meeting With A Publisher by bioade(m): 1:14pm On Sep 28, 2010
royalty is also very important. research to know what publishers in Nigeria pay as royallty before signing. (e.g 40/60, 60/40, 30/70) whichever way. It is a good start. sign the MOU and let them sell for you. you are making name. thereafter u may opt out.

(1) (Reply)

The Lord's Prayer: A Nigerian Version / Is This Really Love? / Memoirs Of A Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.