Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Cannabis Cultivation In Ondo Not Yet Legal, Says Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cannabis Cultivation In Ondo Not Yet Legal, Says Akeredolu (317 Views)

I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu / Why Nigeria Must Legalise Cannabis Cultivation – Akeredolu / Nigerians React As Ondo State Gvt Plans To Venture Into Cannabis Cultivation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cannabis Cultivation In Ondo Not Yet Legal, Says Akeredolu by besti10: 10:43am On May 19, 2019
The Ondo State Government has said it isn't yet legitimate to develop cannabis, prevalently known as Indian hemp, in the state.

Senator Rotimi Akeredolu, who was in Thailand a week ago in organization with the executive of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, Muhammad Abdallah, for a program labeled, 'Therapeutic Cannabis Extract Development', said the state government would expect to exploit the business and restorative estimation of the plant to make occupations for the adolescent.

He requested that the Federal Government bolster the developing of cannabis in enormous amounts in Ondo, saying Indian hemp business would help support the state Internally Generated Revenue.

Akeredolu, who has gone under assault since his remarks, cautioned that cannabis development presently couldn't seem to be authorized.

Talking through the Commissioner for Information, Mr Yemi Olowolabi, the senator said the state government was making it legitimate.

He said the cooperation with the NDLEA meant that Federal Government's agree to the development of the yield in the state.

He stated, "We are still at the basic phase of this issue. Before we authorize cannabis developing in this state, it needs to go through specific systems and we have started the methodology.

"The help we look for from the Federal Government is the joint effort we as of now have with the NDLEA, which is an office of the legislature.

"Since we are managing the NDLEA, we are managing the Federal Government."

Endeavors made by our journalist to achieve the Commander of the NDLEA in the state, Mr Haruna Gagara, for remarks on the improvement were ineffective.

In any case, a senior officer in the order, who talked on state of secrecy, told our journalist that Indian hemp was as yet unlawful in the state until the legislature formally authorized it.

He told Punch, "The extent that we are concerned, cannabis development and business is unlawful yet on the off chance that the state or Federal Government needs to legitimize it, they would convey us along. In any case, for the present, in no way like that has occurred."

READ MORE: https://gistok.ng/akeredolu-says-cannabis-cultivation-in-ondo-not-yet-legal/

Re: Cannabis Cultivation In Ondo Not Yet Legal, Says Akeredolu by Optional09: 11:56am On May 19, 2019
what’s holding the legislation back, the citizens needs job i beg,
Re: Cannabis Cultivation In Ondo Not Yet Legal, Says Akeredolu by realstars: 12:31pm On May 19, 2019
If the weed can be legalize in Nigeria that will be the beginning of innovation in the country calls zoo.
Re: Cannabis Cultivation In Ondo Not Yet Legal, Says Akeredolu by simonlee(m): 12:35pm On May 19, 2019
Optional09:
what’s holding the legislation back, the citizens needs job i beg,
jobs as human chimney abi?

1 Like

Re: Cannabis Cultivation In Ondo Not Yet Legal, Says Akeredolu by Optional09: 2:16pm On May 19, 2019
simonlee:
jobs as human chimney abi?

Terrorism is not a job
Re: Cannabis Cultivation In Ondo Not Yet Legal, Says Akeredolu by Amuocha: 2:20pm On May 19, 2019
I dey make egusi soup , i dey come

(1) (Reply)

Apapa Gridlock: Presidency Sets Up Task Force To Clear Traffic Within Two Weeks / Nigeria May Slide To Another Recession – CBN / Nigeria (May 29): Decades Of Undemocratic Democracy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.