Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Jesus Offers Hope For The Depressed. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Offers Hope For The Depressed. (201 Views)

Words Of The Depressed / Oyedepo Offers Closing Sermon At Pastor Dare Adeboye's Farewell Service / Anja Ringgren Loven Shares Hope's Before And After Pictures (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Offers Hope For The Depressed. by Ebonko4life(f): 2:26pm On May 19, 2019
No matter what challenges you are facing, Jesus is ever ready to help you.God who created you into this world,is capable of helping you to overcome those burdens. Just in the case of Lazarus in the Bible ,John 11,no one actually believe that Lazarus will come back to life,all hope was lost, but God made the impossible to be possible.

CAST! YOUR BURDEN ON HIM FOR HE CARETH FOR YOU.JESUS is saying, "COME UNTO ME AND I Will GIVE YOU REST!"
What are your challenges:
Not financially buoyant?
Not able to gain admission?
Barren?
Not brilliant?
Having issues with your courses in school?
are you a laughing stock to others?
etc.Nothing is too big for God to handle, whatsoever is your burden,cast it on him.Those who committed suicide are ignorant of the fact that God is able to uplift their burdens, please don't take such drastic decision.
If you are depressed, present your difficulties before God in prayer, pray earnestly and definitely God will help you.But you need to do something in order to benefit from God
YOU MUST BE SAVE!!.

The starting point for a relationship with God is to forsake sin." Let the wicked forsake his way,and the unrighteous man his thoughts:and let him return unto the Lord,and He will abundantly pardon"( Isaiah 55:7). What separate man from God is sin,and you cannot please God without being save.Also, your self -righteousness can never take you to heaven.(whether you are a philanthropist,without being save,your works are all in vain,your generosity can never take you to heaven.), "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness,and going about to establish their own righteousness,have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God."(Romans 10:3)," An hypocrite shall not come before Him"(Job 13:16). your self righteousness separate you from God.

We must turn away from sin and completely surrender our life to Christ.God is ever ready to forgive."There is no sin that is too great for God to forgive if we turn from it to him". It is very easy to have genuine salvation.The first step you need to take in getting it is to;

(1) Acknowledge that you are a sinner: "All men are sinners,for all have sinned and come short if the glory of God"(Romans 3:23). you need to be in a serene vicinity inorder to commune with God effectively or right now you can commune with God,acknowledge that you are a sinner.

(2) Confess:" ...covereth his sin shall not prosper..." Confess all your sins to God with a contrite heart,plead for His mercy,ask for His forgiveness,cry out to Him with sincerity.(There is no point going through your pastor,bishop to confess and ask God for forgiveness,that was before,but now we have direct access to God, as soon as Jesus died for us,the way was opened into the Holy of Holies,talk to God by your self,confess to Him not through your bishop,revered father,pastor etc).

(3) At this point you need to make a covenant with God by promising Him not to go back to the sins you left behind.forsake your sin wholeheartedly.

(4) Believe on Jesus that you have been pardon and forgiven:" If thou shalt... believe in thine heart...thou shalt be saved"(Romans 10:19),"Whosoever believeth Jesus is the christ is born of God"(1John 5:1).

The evidence of SALVATION is an unprecedented joy in your heart.The joy of SALVATION is wonderful.(like when you remember that there is no enmity between God and you,oh! the happiness that will spring up from your stomach can be so overwhelming).

But you need to go further,though you have been forgiven,but that Adamic nature,that inbred sin is still in You. SALVATION is the first Christian experience, SANCTIFICATION(Holiness) is the second experience.What is SANCTIFICATION(Holiness)?.We are told in Hebrews 12:14,"follow peace with all men,and holiness,without which no man shall see the Lord." We read in 1peter 1:16,... Be ye holy; for I am holy". The word holy is mentioned in the Bible 596times,holiness,43times. SANCTIFICATION means spiritually pure,godly.When you are sanctified,that inbred sin in you will be uprooted,spirit of fornication will be uprooted,spirit of masturbation will be uprooted,spirit of lying,stealing,envy etc will all be uprooted. The urge to do them will not be there if you are sanctified.SANCTIFICATION is real(I have experienced It,that was why I easily gave up on plaiting my hair with any attachment.). The benefit of SANCTIFICATION is so wonderful,those urges will be eradicated.If you don't believe me,try it.Go down on your kneels,pray to God with a contrite heart,plead with God to sanctify your heart.This need deeper consecration.(don't be distracted),plead with God wholeheartedly,ask for such heart,(a sanctified heart). Name all the spirit you want Him to uproot from your heart,cry to Him.Tell Him You want to serve Him in Holiness,tell Him you don't want to go back to your sins." Father have determine to make heaven,please father,sanctify my heart,come into my heart, I need you father,uproot those spirit that is tormenting me,that us making me to offend you always,Jesus please,help me, I cannot stop them myself please Help me...�����."Pray that way,with deeper consecration,with a sincere heart.Believe that you will receive it.Evidence; receiving SANCTIFICATION change your life automatically,no more urges for your sweetest sin,even though you might be tempted,you will have the power to overcome it.
Well,thats not all,you need to pray further,fir the third Christian experience,which is baptism of the Holy Ghost,gbam! Very important.(many people don't believe we can receive it,it is real,i have received it). The work of the Holy spirit;

(1) The Holy spirit anoints us with power to witness(Acts1:8,Lk4:18,Acts 4:29,32)

(2) The spirit brings forth virtues in our lives(The fruit of the spirit us love,Joy,peace etc,Gal.5:22-23,Rom.5:5,Rom14:17).

(3) The Holy spirit comfort us (John 14:16-26,John16:7,Acta9:31,Rom.8:1).

(4) The Holy spirit is the spirit of Truth( John 16:13,1John 5:66).

(5) The Holy spirit helps us to pray( From.8: 26-27,Jude20).

(6) The Holy spirit give us wisdom and guidance(Mk13:11,Lk12:11,12) and many more ...

The evidence of receiving it is by speaking in another language entirely,the spirit will overwhelm you, you won't be able to control your tongue.It need deeper consecration.S sometimes it takes a long time to receive it(mine took a long time to come,days before coming,if you are patient you will receive it) sometimes you need to make restitution,before receiving it,holding grudges with your fellow brother can hinder the Holy spirit,make sure you make things right before praying for the Holy spirit.

After receiving the three Christian experience,dont just relax,you have a lot to do(so that you won't loose them). There are things you need to do to maintain your three Christian experience;

(1)Read your Bible and study the word of God: check the importance(Deu. 32:46,47,psalm 138:2).

(2) pray always,be in a constant attitude of prayer:Read your Bible pray everyday... Pray everyday... Pray everyday...., read your Bible pray everyday...if.. you.. want..to.. grow..(I love that song�)(1chr16:11,Pro.3:6,"Watch ye therefore and pray always "LK21:36).

(3) Attend weekly activities in church,it helps a lot in maintaining your experiences, you will be expose to teachings that will help you grow spiritually.( Do you know that absenting your self from weekly activities can take you to hell,as serious as that.GOD NEEDS 100%COMMITMENT).

Attend a church that preaches salvation every Sunday.if your current church is always preaching about prosperity every day,i will advise you to leave that Church. The main reason church was instituted by God was to prepare everyone for HEAVEN. Look for a church that will prepare you for HEAVEN..."Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all other things shall be added unto you".

GOD BLESS YOU,AMEN.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Interpretation Of The Dream Of Your Husband Snatched Your Wedding Ri / MIDWEEK REFLECTION By Rev. Fr. Dr. F.O.F Onwudufor / The Wages Of Those Who Wouldn't Live Without Multiple Partners Of Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.