Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Why Am I In School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Am I In School (373 Views)

Share Your Experience With Bullying In School / Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel / 18-Year-Old Boy Suspended After Proposing To His Teen Girlfriend In School In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Am I In School by Crownstarsucces(m): 5:15pm On May 19, 2019
The rhetorical question “Why am I in School?” is a question that every student should forward to him or herself.

From my study and research in school, I found out that students don’t know why they are in school.

It seems obvious that you are in school and you study but you don’t really know why are you in school. That’s why most students stay in school to just to get grades and graduate.

I’m not staying its bad to get good grades and graduate but don’t worry, I will make my point clear to you as you read along.

Simon Sinek, a great writer and leadership expert, will always say that we know What we are doing, we know How we are doing it, but we don’t know WHY we are doing it?

Question to my Online Lecturer:
I asked one of my favorite online lecturers, Prof Chris Woods, this question and here was his reply:

“Why am I in school?” is a very important question only few of us ask ourselves while in the university.

Is it all about the ‘A’ or ‘B’ or even the ‘C”, the ‘first class’ or ‘2-1, the job in the oil company, bank, large hospital or legal firm, the certificate or the ‘Money‘?

Shouldn’t there be more to education such as genuine learning, self-discovery, leadership, dream pursuit, purpose discovery and true education?

His answer made me rethink.

I remember what my parents will always tell me, they will say, “Do you remember Uncle Mich’s son(His son was my classmate in school),

he is working in the Agricultural sector of the country and making millions every year(this always makes me feel very angry),

so go to school and study Agricultural Science so that you can be like him”.

I replied saying “Dad, gone are the days when only the certificate can get you a job,

You need additional professional skills”(My dad was dumbfounded instantly).

Going back to out topic:

Don’t allow the phrase, “School is Scam”, to break you down but focus on making the best out of school. If school was scam, how come Bill gates and Mark still went back to school while making Billions of Dollars from their companies respectively.

I want to really encourage that you shouldn’t give up on school, for everywhere you are in life, school has lot to offer.

These are the things you can take advantage of in school.

Hit it completely here
https://thesuccessvisa.com/a-must-read-why-am-i-in-school/

Re: Why Am I In School by Heylius(m): 12:48am On May 20, 2019
School is not scam... but school in Nigeria is a big scam!!!!!!
I'm a witness
I'm a victim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Am I In School by jbblues24(m): 9:08am On May 24, 2019
Sick. So neat.

(1) (Reply)

PGD Or Bsc DE. Which Is Better / JABU Students Protest Incessant Attacks On Female Hostels By Security Guards / Ielts Essay And Letter Writing Correction - Ielts Blast Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.