Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science (31151 Views)

Should I Go For Radiography, Medical Lab Science Or Biochemistry? / Kendra Jumbo: First Class ABSU Med. Lab. Science Best Graduating Student (Photos / What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by prizequest: 2:18pm On May 27, 2019
as pharmacist you can work in a place while your certificate work for you in 2 other places. the sweet part, you can carry permitted amount of coke...if you know you know
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by bigpicture001: 2:22pm On May 27, 2019
Go study radiology...yoy will not regret it...ma gf.. owns a medical lab and hasbeen looking for a radiologist for 3weeks now. Not that sh didnt get calls , but even those waiting for their NYSC but has done internship all demanded to b paid 120k minimum....remember sh is just a small tym lab. Diagnostic center...

Sh later sucumbed and wil nowpay 110k per month..according to her most of them hardly stay beyobd 2years with any lab.. they usually move to bigger labs. Reasin is that they are very fee compared to tge othee two medical coursesu listed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by oladhimegy: 2:22pm On May 27, 2019
Quest33:
Between Pharmacy and Medical Lab Science. Which one would you recommend

Hi nairalanders,

Please i did this year UTME and had 265 but I'm confused on which course to study between medical lab science and pharmacy, i picked Uniben

P. S I'm not really a lover of maths

Mods please help me move this to frontpage

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by Virtutis: 2:24pm On May 27, 2019
Hi op,

The best choice in my opinion is Pharmacy. Though both are medical related courses, Pharmacy cuts it for me with it wide array of opportunities after school compared to MLS. I tell you, the opportunities are quite many. And to be honest with you, this is very important in Nigeria if you're choosing a course to study.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by PHARMNNAJI(m): 2:25pm On May 27, 2019
I was in a similar situation about 20years ago. I met a Lab scientist for advice. He advised me to go for Pharmacy and I did.

I have been a pharmacist for 15 years now.

My verdict: It has has been joy all the way.

Pharmacy rocks.

Am not saying that MLS is bad. Its also a good course.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by chloride6: 2:32pm On May 27, 2019
MLS anyday any time...

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by MorufuAtanda: 2:35pm On May 27, 2019
chloride6:
MLS anyday any time...

Why? Expantiate better.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by horia: 2:40pm On May 27, 2019
Draei:

Funny enough, the 2 courses you mentioned
have been on strike for over a month.
if he was here he would have just turned back but I dont want to say what I'm not sure of
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by MorufuAtanda: 2:43pm On May 27, 2019
prizequest:
as pharmacist you can work in a place while your certificate work for you in 2 other places. the sweet part, you can carry permitted amount of coke...if you know you know

How does that work?

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by OvaSabi1(f): 2:43pm On May 27, 2019
bigpicture001:
Go study radiology...yoy will not regret it...ma gf.. owns a medical lab and hasbeen looking for a radiologist for 3weeks now. Not that sh didnt get calls , but even those waiting for their NYSC but has done internship all demanded to b paid 120k minimum....remember sh is just a small tym lab. Diagnostic center...

Sh later sucumbed and wil nowpay 110k per month..according to her most of them hardly stay beyobd 2years with any lab.. they usually move to bigger labs. Reasin is that they are very fee compared to tge othee two medical coursesu listed

This is interesting.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by MorufuAtanda: 2:50pm On May 27, 2019
The two courses are getting saturated. People should start going into Radiography.

4 Likes

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by Donlexybaze(m): 2:57pm On May 27, 2019
Timekeeper:

So you are jambites.. And it's your turn types that abuse married men, graduates and students on this faceless forum.. If them Born you well, lemme see you abuse any of your elders here
it seems your brain is paining you abi?? how is it related to the op's question?? Agbaya oshi

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 27, 2019
Med lab any day... But if you want to make real ba go for radiography.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by Quest33: 3:02pm On May 27, 2019
Alanine1123:
Go for the one your that heart wants, but since u you said u don't really love maths then maybe MLS is for u.

And your utme Score is not really good enough for neither MLS nor Pharmacy in UNIBEN, u will need to score very high score in post UTME most especially if u are not catchment or northern Nigeria.

Finally, Uniben is offering Doctor of Pharmacy, but it seems MLS is more competitive in UNIBEN than pharmacy.

Is B.pharm better than D.pharm?
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by Alanine1123: 3:04pm On May 27, 2019
Quest33:

Is B.pharm better than D.pharm?

No.
Doctor of Pharmacy is the best

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by Quest33: 3:06pm On May 27, 2019
Alanine1123:

No.
Doctor of Pharmacy is the best

Thanks, but which university will you suggest

Since you said my score is too low for UNIBEN
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by Alanine1123: 3:12pm On May 27, 2019
Quest33:

Thanks, but which university will you suggest

Since you said my score is too low for UNIBEN

I said that it is not very good not that it is too low.

Your are from which state, that is one d determinants of admission in our county.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by Quest33: 3:16pm On May 27, 2019
Alanine1123:

I said that it is not very good not that it is too low.

Your are from which state, that is one d determinants of admission in our county.

Ebonyi state
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by Lilimax(f): 3:18pm On May 27, 2019
Better go for Pharmacy.
You'll nt regret your decision later my dear smiley

I am an Alumni of UNIBEN cool

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by iaamxavier(m): 3:20pm On May 27, 2019
Finally smiley
I'm in the same shoes with you
I'm thinking of opting for pharmacy or med lab
I'm sincerely confused because people are saying pharmacy is quite hard and it's more of chemistry in which I'm not to good at, but has more prospect
I know I'd excel if I do med lab
But at the same time I need some one who has idea in both course to orientate me
I'd be very grateful

Ps: ain't doing any of them in a fed uni
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by iaamxavier(m): 3:20pm On May 27, 2019
Quest33:

Ebonyi state

Heard EBSU have a very great medical facility there
Even better than UNN
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by iaamxavier(m): 3:21pm On May 27, 2019
Lilimax:
Better go for Pharmacy.
You'll nt regret your decision later my dear smiley

I am an Alumni of UNIBEN cool

Of pharmacy??
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by Alanine1123: 3:22pm On May 27, 2019
Quest33:

Ebonyi state

U stand a good chance, it seems d state is also education less develop state, so just focus very hard for post utme..

But admission to either of the courses mentioned before, will be more easier for u in a sch like UDUS in Sokoto.
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by folake4u(f): 3:41pm On May 27, 2019
Draei:

Funny enough, the 2 courses you mentioned
have been on strike for over a month.

I swear down. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by Bizlifelines201: 3:50pm On May 27, 2019
nkem1992:
Pharmacy
No maths no engineering
Hahaha,this table you are shaking ehn. I know someone whose greatest life mistake till now is going to Pharmacy because he thinks he won't do maths and calculations. He suffered depression after extra years and eventually kicked out of Pharmacy school. Pharmacy is one of the toughest and most brutal courses in Nigerian universities, not even medicine where you have multiple chance to do resit. Granting of resit in Pharmacy school, even at the release of final results in your final year semester, is rigorously debated and usually rarely granted and unlike medicine, you can still be kicked out of Pharmacy school in your final year for not meeting up academically . If you are not strong academically, don't go near pharmacy because it will make you look dumb and dumber but if you are really smart, please go ahead and study it. It's actually a lucrative and prestigious profession

4 Likes

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by AlphaT1(m): 3:56pm On May 27, 2019
iaamxavier:
Finally smiley
I'm sincerely confused because people are saying pharmacy is quite hard and it's more of chemistry in which I'm not to good at, but has more prospect
But at the same time I need some one who has idea in both course to orientate me
I'd be very grateful

Pharmaceutical or medicinal chemistry can be tough sha....

1 Like

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by AlphaT1(m): 3:59pm On May 27, 2019
Quest33:

Advanced maths?
Yes calculus (differential and integral)....
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by Lilimax(f): 4:07pm On May 27, 2019
iaamxavier:

Of pharmacy??
Not!
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by olive282(f): 4:19pm On May 27, 2019
iaamxavier:
Finally smiley
I'd be very grateful

If you want to study pharmacy don't drop because people said it's hard, as long as you can read you will pass smoothly, coming from a pharmacy student

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by iaamxavier(m): 4:21pm On May 27, 2019
AlphaT1:

Pharmaceutical or medicinal chemistry can be tough sha....

Are you a pharmacy student?
Re: Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science by iaamxavier(m): 4:23pm On May 27, 2019
olive282:

If you want to study pharmacy don't drop because people said it's hard, as long as you can read you will pass smoothly, coming from a pharmacy student

Do you study pharmacy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU STRIKE: What Have You Achieved So Far? / Mother Of Nine Commits Suicide In Delta / The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.