Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD (35376 Views)

Meet The Unilag Student Who Writes With Both Hands / How I Paid Back LAUTECH Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University. / Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by bamirotola: 8:33am On May 20, 2019
You love Nigeria at your own peril. Education is highly overatted in Nigeria! ...look atbhow they wasted the mans time!
Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by ClearFlair: 8:33am On May 20, 2019
Nukilia:
Wasted life and a wasted generation!

Education in Nigeria is a scam!

#DoNotAskMeWhy grin

Nobody asked you to fail in school

1 Like

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by astrodome: 8:39am On May 20, 2019
backnbeta:
I'm an academic, but this kind of determination is a time waster! Any doctoral program beyond five years is not worth it.

100% agreed. His research topic would already be an exhausted and expired area if inquiry.
Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by astrodome: 8:40am On May 20, 2019
bamirotola:
You love Nigeria at your own peril. Education is highly overatted in Nigeria! ...look atbhow they wasted the mans time!

He wasted his own time.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by Nobody: 8:42am On May 20, 2019
Oblongata:
He followed his dreams regardless of the hurdles. . .

My fellow Nigerians, follow your dreams. If it gets out of reach, grow wings and fly...

Do what you love, and love what you do. Life has no meaning but we can at least be happy by making ourselves fulfilled.

Shalom!

But you know he would have achieved more in Life if Unilag had flown him to out. This country kills one's dream.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by Nobody: 8:44am On May 20, 2019
astrodome:

He wasted his own time.

I'm telling you, bro. I have come to understand life, find the easiest way out, it isn't laziness just about being smart.

I can site so many scenarios from personal experience, I have learnt my lesson. If you have money to pay people to get things done please do.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by Sezua(m): 8:48am On May 20, 2019
capitalzero:
wasted certificates, wasted years, fruitless efforts. nobody will inherit your certificates upon demise. your knowledge and wealth can be passed to unborn generations and you do need plenty certificates to acquire wealth and knowledge .

This is a very silly thing to say. How can you undermine the value of education?
Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by astrodome: 8:48am On May 20, 2019
BiggyB242:

But you know he would have achieved more in Life if Unilag had flown him to out. This country kills one's dream.

He killed his own time. He has now (in 2016) fulfilled his dream. But we all know where dreams end up. See what his colleagues did in the quote below

Following the termination of his program, his colleagues, Prof. H.N Odogwu and Dr. Mrs. Ogbonna, who were also faced with the problem of a supervisor, switched to other field and went abroad to continue respectively.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by Tomoyayi(m): 8:49am On May 20, 2019
astrodome:

His colleagues left and got their degrees much earlier, even becoming profs. Apparently the man is very visionless. His ambition is narrow and too simplistic. Just be a math teacher. Just obtain a PhD for the fun of it. A paper PhD. Truly wasted man. See as e dry like bonga fish

The man na very wicked man, collecting money from students to pass his course and they would still fail. Sleeping with female students and still fail them.
Once He doesn't like you even without doing anything wrong he'll keep failing you.
Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by UmecheMoses(m): 8:50am On May 20, 2019
This was how Unibuja nearly turned my 4 year B. Sc. Into 5. Useless strikes and lecturer madness with missing scripts.
If you are a young person under 30 reading this,
Please do yourself a favour. Legitimately plan to leave Nigeria.
Most of the students who schools gave 3rd class and 2-2 have gone to the UK And US to graduate with 1st class in second degrees or Masters. Our education here doesn't prepare you to acquire and deploy knowledge, instead it serves two purposes.
1. As a means of stratifying society by making sure certain population occupy certain estates at a given time and.
2. It is a system to employ jobbless graduates and makes money for the Government.

1 Like

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by Nobody: 8:51am On May 20, 2019
But you will all agree with me if he had listen to his uncle might have been in an oil and gas Industry probably a manager now raking millions monthly. We should listen to the words of the elders they have seen things we haven't.

1 Like

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by astrodome: 8:52am On May 20, 2019
Sezua:

This is a very silly thing to say. How can you undermine the value of education?

Actually some education are societally valueless. Like this one. That man will be retiring soon if not already. Given his age ( he talked about studying in the era of Old Western Region), his PhD which took 25 years to obtain in 2016, will only be useful for less than 5 years. That's total crap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by Nobody: 8:53am On May 20, 2019
UmecheMoses:
This was how Unibuja nearly turned my 4 year B. Sc. Into 5. Useless strikes and lecturer madness with missing scripts.
If you are a young person under 30 reading this,
Please do yourself a favour. Legitimately plan to leave Nigeria.
Most of the students who schools gave 3rd class and 2-2 have gone to the UK And US to graduate with 1st class in second degrees or Masters. Our education here doesn't prepare you to acquire and deploy knowledge, instead it serves two purposes.
1. As a means of stratifying society by making sure certain population occupy certain estates at a given time and.
2. It is a system to employ jobbless graduates and makes money for the Government.

Even above 30 please leave. You are much appreciated outside Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by In2systemsTech(m): 8:53am On May 20, 2019
astrodome:

His colleagues left and got their degrees much earlier, even becoming profs. Apparently the man is very visionless. His ambition is narrow and too simplistic. Just be a math teacher. Just obtain a PhD for the fun of it. A paper PhD. Truly wasted man. See as e dry like bonga fish

i taya ooo... the man is a slow poke... he even got scholarship outside the country but cannot hustle for his transportation.... he is here making Phd look like a masquerade... am starting mine this year

1 Like

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by Nobody: 8:54am On May 20, 2019
Not motivating at all.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by astrodome: 8:54am On May 20, 2019
Tomoyayi:

The man na very wicked man, collecting money from students to pass his course and they would still fail. Sleeping with female students and still fail them.
Once He doesn't like you even without doing anything wrong he'll keep failing you.

See! He is taking his vengeance on innocent students. I have no pity for him.
Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by Sezua(m): 9:00am On May 20, 2019
astrodome:

Actually some education are societally valueless. Like this one. That man will be retiring soon if not already. Given his age ( he talked about studying in the era of Old Western Region), his PhD which took 25 years to obtain in 2016, will only be useful for less than 5 years. That's total crap.

Where did you miss the fact that states he has been lecturing all along?
Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by Nobody: 9:01am On May 20, 2019
astrodome:

See! He is taking his vengeance on innocent students. I have no pity for him.

When he would have been in Engineering establishment in a managerial position. I learnt a lot from this post.
Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by astrodome: 9:02am On May 20, 2019
Sezua:

Where did you miss the fact that states he has been lecturing all along?

But not as a PhD holder until 2016. His PhD will be deployed in teaching for only a limited amount of time due to age.

1 Like

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by TempleHouse: 9:04am On May 20, 2019
astrodome:

Its obvious you're clueless and uneducated with your relentless ethnic colouration of a decent inspiring story.
What have you achieve in your fake life since you left home
Every human being has a different story during career journey, except for those who unfortunately can't live to share their experiences.
Seek wisdom and courtesy to understand the journey of life is full of various challenges !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by astrodome: 9:09am On May 20, 2019
TempleHouse:

Its obvious you're clueless and uneducated with your relentless ethnic colouration of a decent inspiring story.
What have you achieve in your fake life since you left home
Every human being has a different story during career journey, except for those who unfortunately can't live to share their experiences.
Seek wisdom and courtesy to understand the journey of life is full of various challenges !

I achieved a heck of a lot, actually. Including a PhD in 3.5 years, over 70 publications, a humongous house in Trumpland, and a dollar salary in 6 digits. I hope you die of envy.

BTW, the fact that this story inspires you shows how visionless and unambitious you are. Loser!

3 Likes

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by Brock1: 9:12am On May 20, 2019
What has been his impact in d society
Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by Nobody: 9:18am On May 20, 2019
BiggyB242:

I'm telling you, bro. I have come to understand life, find the easiest way out, it isn't laziness just about being smart.

Everybody in my family thinks am lazy just because of always looking for easy way to do stuff. They said am not seriousgrin

1 Like

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by astrodome: 9:19am On May 20, 2019
sassysure:
Not motivating at all.

Some (like "TEMPLEHOUSE"wink actually found it motivating. Irony of life
Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by TempleHouse: 9:21am On May 20, 2019
astrodome:

Smart Okoros grin with vision. Unlike the visionless Oluomo grin who spent 25 years to obtain a worthless Nigerian PhD at an old age.
Quite surprising that you have showed your real image here as one of the gullible IPOB faithfuls.
You're a typical example of those who enjoys hawking Fan Milk and Gala at Ojuelegba, with the hope of getting richer like Chief Arthur, Iwuanyanwu or Orji Kalu when you have opportunities to acquire more knowledge and skills.
Is that your smart vision of being Okoros
Go and read Things Fall Apart (Chinua Achebe) and learn about "Eze agadi Nwayi"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by Omoluabi16(m): 9:24am On May 20, 2019
This makes me want to cry. Nothing motivating about this. Withing those years, people like malala have been born, won a peace prize. Some have left a long lasting impression on humanity. People have made enough wealth.Nothing to celebrate here. It just reflects the country Nigeria. Wasted years and dreams.
Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by megareal: 9:28am On May 20, 2019
I take nothing positive out of this. Late achievement is a dream killer.
Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by TempleHouse: 9:32am On May 20, 2019
astrodome:

Some (like "TEMPLEHOUSE"wink actually found it motivating. Irony of life
Depending on how you say it...
The issue is about Relentless and not to abandon your dream.Life is cruel to some people, believe me!
I have seen a guy who had just completed his NYSC and got a job immediately while his brother had not secure a 20K job since graduation 5 years ago.
It took the Israelis 40 years for a 40 days journey because there are challenges on the way.
"Winners Never Quit "

1 Like

Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by Prince789: 9:33am On May 20, 2019
haaaaaaa
lagos state student under dis man go over suffer b4 dem pass ni oooo.
but wait oooo, sey d man go carry d certificate go heaven?
Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by astrodome: 9:35am On May 20, 2019
TempleHouse:

Quite surprising that you have showed your real image here as one of the gullible IPOB faithfuls.
You're a typical example of those who enjoys hawking Fan Milk and Gala at Ojuelegba, with the hope of getting richer like Chief Arthur, Iwuanyanwu or Orji Kalu when you have opportunities to acquire more knowledge and skills.
Is that your smart vision of being Okoros
Go and read Things Fall Apart (Chinua Achebe) and learn about "Eze agadi Nwayi"

Loser! And blind too. His visionary colleagues who left to study abroad were Okoros. They aren't hawking gala.
Re: Dr Adetunji Adeyanju, The UNILAG Maths Lecturer Who Spent 25 Years To Obtain PhD by Unconquerable: 9:45am On May 20, 2019
Jayslicky:
Meanwhile somewhere else during that space, a man called aliko dangote making money and creating employment, preparing a better future for his children, he has made more impact than many professors accumulating unnecessary certificates that have no use to the progress of the society.
You are wrong. Different people have different priorities. Education was what he wanted and he was willing to pay the price to acquire it. I respect him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ayra Starr Lyrics Used In A Kenyan University's Exam / OAU Vs UNILAG- Students Battle Each Other On Twitter / He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.