Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,528 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 (29399 Views)

Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet / Sanwo-Olu: I Never Sent Thugs To Attack #EndSARS Protesters / Sanwo-Olu: I Once Worked As A Plumber 30 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by ikorodureporta: 9:02am On May 20, 2019
The incoming governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has said he will rid Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) of reckless driving by employing graduates as drivers and adding more dignity to the work.

Sanwo-Olu spoke Saturday during an interactive session with his classmates at the Executive Master of Business Administration class, University of Lagos, 1998/2000 set.

The forum held a “Congratulatory Dinner Reception,” in Sanwo-Olu’s honour at Wheatbaker Hotel in Ikoyi, where they presented to him a policy document, containing their ideas and suggestions on some of what Sanwo-Olu could do in office to have a successful tenure.

In specific terms, the classmates asked Sanwo-Olu how he would address the recklessness of some of the BRT bus drivers.

He said, “The BRT issue is something that has to do with culture. When we take over, by the Grace of God, we will advertise and see if we can employ some of our graduates as drivers.

“What I realised is that apart from the money we will be paying them, which is more than what they are paying an average graduate, we need to very quickly tell our people and encourage ourselves that there is dignity in work. We are going to be paying (them) between N80,000 and N100,000 to come and drive these buses because we expect a lot more decency.

“By the time we get the culture of the drivers’ right, the routes are coming up, by the time we finish the Abule-Egba/Iyana Ipaja/Ikeja route, it will boost the number of BRT (buses).”

Accordingly to Sanwo-Olu, Lagos could one day adopt technology to upgrade and model the BRT ticketing system after what is obtainable in the United Kingdom.

At the dinner, the governor-elect also explained his plans to eradicate gridlock around the cit.

He said his administration hoped to, by the middle of next year, complete the blue rail starting from Okokomaiko, through to Mile 2, Orile and Marina.

“The water will work, BRT buses will work and rail will work,” Sanwo-Olu said.

On the Apapa gridlock, He said, “The Apapa trailer issue; it’s a campaign issue; it’s very serious. I’m going to take it very seriously. I believe that it is something that we are going to solve in the first 60 days of our government. Whatever is going to be required of us, we will take them out. There is a lot of politics being played around there. But no, it cannot be the way we’ll continue to live. We cannot continue to give excuses.”

“Five or 10 years ago, if we had been forward-thinking, we would have also realised that the city had actually outgrown the Apapa Port. So, the long-term solution is to build another one. Our government, by the Grace of God, will start the Badagry Port. That is the long-term solution,” he said.

Source: https://www.herald.ng/ill-employ-graduates-as-brt-drivers-increase-their-salary-to-n100-000-sanwo-olu/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by Nukilia: 9:26am On May 20, 2019
Oh God! Don't do this to our graduates! Employ SSCE holders for driving jobs and look for more brain tasking jobs for the youths of this nation. Sanwo Olu should not disappoint...

A five year bachelors degree should be fit for something more challenging than driving BRT!

Who did we offend in this country! cry

218 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by Zombiekiller010: 9:55am On May 20, 2019
How will this country progress when our Leaders didnt have good plans for us, imagine an engineering, medical ,and graduates from other fields working as a driver,instead of empowering them, engaging them in seminal and trainings to enable them improves the science and technology of our nation.

No wonder, some lowlife are happy living on 30k BMC stipends. Government should build more prison.
Boys wont stop to do yahoo yahoo.
Efcc will arrest ,dem go tired.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by cooldipo(m): 9:55am On May 20, 2019
grin grin grin

that will be nice.....corporate!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by Kendumazy(m): 9:55am On May 20, 2019
If I hear
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by Nobody: 9:55am On May 20, 2019
Lol

Naija na joke finally

No wonder buhati said ur degrees are useless

What can 100k do for a graduate?/

Rent alone in lag and a keke driver is better off

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Goes back to trading platform undecided

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by Tripitaka: 9:55am On May 20, 2019
Is this one still campaigning?

No wonder Ambode said he is a junkie! This is how they make promises upon promises, and when it's time to walk the talk, they start quoting the constitution or blame-game.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by Gabson006: 9:56am On May 20, 2019
Not a bad idea

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by lonelydora: 9:56am On May 20, 2019
Just imagine?

This is what our politicians have reduced graduates to. It's not about the 100k. It's about the dignity. Instead of creating a job befitting people's certificate, he is talking about graduates doing Agbero on BRT buses.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by id911(m): 9:56am On May 20, 2019
Sanwo-Olu doesn't have sense...that's why it's always good to allow candidate to show interest in any position independently and not being handpicked by a godfather. You don't have any plan for graduates that spent years in higher institution except employ them as BRT drivers? Which developing country that wants rapid growth and development would contemplate doing such thing with her graduates? Smh

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by Nobody: 9:56am On May 20, 2019
Is this the same certificate some students are committing suicide for?? Mtchewwwwwwwwww

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by Nobody: 9:56am On May 20, 2019
Lol

Hello. Happy Monday and I hope everyone is well. It’s a new week and brand new day again. First day of the week and a hustling day. I realized a lot of people are struggling to make end meet. There are people here who are tired and really needs things to happen quickly in their life. Some have some emergency needs, unexpected bills to take care of or maybe you need to find work, money, prosperity etc. If you are feeling like you are not making sales, money isn’t coming in, commission is low, you are a business owner and customers are not coming and you need to get your business up and running, it’s just sluggish slow and nothing is happening or even if things were going on well in your business and all of a sudden it has taken a sudden drop and you don’t know why this is happening or what to do. If that’s you, what you need is simply a money spell. Yes spell to attract money, job and customers. You don’t have to steal pants or shed blood when you can simply cast spells to attract money. It’s very simple and easy effective money spell.
I realize a lot of people where they live is not too conducive because they live with their family members, friends, spouse and there’s no privacy. Don’t worry, there’s still a way. It could be done on your behalf and you get your result wherever you are. DM me to get the highly effective ingredients to cast a money spell and any other spiritual materials you might need.
Thanks and have a great day.
Mystic Lady.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by vastolord4(m): 9:56am On May 20, 2019
If it's gonna be possible! I will contest and win
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by dignity33: 9:56am On May 20, 2019
SOLUDO OR NGOZI OKONJO IWALA AS A PRESIDENT CAN MAKE NIGERIA GREAT BUT TRIBALISM WILL ALWAYS MAKE NIGERIA TO SETTLE WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO HUMAN SYMPATHY, LUKE AT THE KIND OF MAN THEY ARE BUSY CANVERSING TO RULE NIGERIA COME 2023 JUST BECAUSE OF ETHNICITY ISN'T IT CRAZINESS THAT A MAN WHOM A BULLION VAN LOADED WITH CASH WAS SPOTTED IN HIS HOUSE THAT SUPPOSED TO BE IN PRISON FOR NOW FOR THE COUNTRY TO MOVE FORWARD BUT WE POOR NIGERIA THAT SUPPOSED TO CONDEMN IT ARE BUSY PRAISEN THE THIEFS JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE FROM MY TRIBE , WHAT A SHAME.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by cooldipo(m): 9:57am On May 20, 2019
Let the selection process be a fair one!

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by cicikhemy(f): 9:57am On May 20, 2019
Chai.......

No Ps sha...work and save up aggressively within one year cause I'd rather be self employed.....

But we ladies ain't included nah.....
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by rockstar27(m): 9:57am On May 20, 2019
anyhow nah action we want...
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:57am On May 20, 2019
This is too bad.

6 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by hopexter(m): 9:58am On May 20, 2019
All these end time governors go just dey talk anyhow. 100k for driving while the other governor wan start weed business. Well, I guess I go dey live for OYO state while I go dey work for Lagos state.

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by YesNo(m): 9:58am On May 20, 2019
Not bad. Not too nice either

No job is easy but it is kind of degrading to be exchanging words and avoiding fights from Lagos agbero every day. after going through several years of education, you end up with the worst kinds of street urchins in the world.

So the company is not big enough to employ hundreds of graduates on management, field, maintenance and training staff levels? They just have to be drivers.

Na wah!

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by Nobody: 9:58am On May 20, 2019
Nukilia:
Oh God! Don't so this to our graduates! Employ SSCE holders for driving jobs and look for more brain tasking jobs for the youths of this nation. Sanwo Olu should not disappoint...

A five year bachelors degree should be fit for something more challenging than driving BRT!

Coman appease the gods fes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by Mariangeles(f): 9:58am On May 20, 2019
This is good .

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by Bustincole(m): 9:58am On May 20, 2019
Graduate agbero ... hmmmm

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by Sanromeo(m): 9:58am On May 20, 2019
Tinubu has spoken

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by zolajpower: 9:58am On May 20, 2019
Good one sanwo ilu.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by Godsage(m): 9:58am On May 20, 2019
Nukilia:
Oh God! Don't so this to our graduates! Employ SSCE holders for driving jobs and look for more brain tasking jobs for the youths of this nation. Sanwo Olu should not disappoint...

Tell that to graduate wey never see Job for 7yrs..
Atleast the governor still made an arrangement for them.

Buhari wey no get us for mind than travelling nko

24 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will Employ Graduates As BRT Drivers, Pay N100,000 by GTFO(f): 9:59am On May 20, 2019
people will still come and complain...

ingrates
!!!

damn, this life, one cant please everyone...

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Mu’azu, NWC Threaten Jonathan’s Aides, Associates - VANGUARD / Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” / Deplorable State Of Enugu-onitsha Federal Road (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.