Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,627 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Suicide, Is It The Solution ?. Let Motivate Our Youths - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Suicide, Is It The Solution ?. Let Motivate Our Youths (239 Views)

Who Is To Be Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths:parents Or Teachers? / How Nigerian Mentality In Education Is Slowly Killing Our Youths / What Is The Solution To This Primary Five Quantitative Reasoning Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicide, Is It The Solution ?. Let Motivate Our Youths by CharlseEjoka(m): 11:40am On May 20, 2019
Let me start by saying that everyone has a reason for attempting suicide and like a fellow said yesterday, everyone has their elastic limit. So, i hope my story inspires you.

I lost my mum at the age of four. My dad and step mum brought me up and because i was constantly accused of being a wizard, i grew up being afraid of church. I never knew what a wizard does but i knew they are not supposed to enter church. I grew up restraining or rather, hiding from people.

When i was in ss2, i told a friend i just saved enough to enrol(WAEC) myself from ss2. The girl simply told me " it not to enrol the exam, i will not make it". Well, i took her words to heart and was shocked how things turned out to be.

Well, it turned out she was right, as a science student, i made all papers except Physics which i got (D).

Later on, i was made the Head boy of my set, the renowned best school in Ughelli Delta State, Kogbodi International School. I was smart, no doubt but i couldn't pass Physics. I represented my school in several Physics competition and we won, so how come ?.

I took WAEC again in ss3 and same result popped out. Not discouraged yet, i started working for a coca cola distributor and saved enough to take NECO that same year, unfortunately i got thesame ( D) again. I wanted to study engineering, that same year, i applied for Post UTME, Uniben, with an awaiting result and was given admission but when the result came out, i just stepped down.

Finally, i decided to move forward, i took jamb again but to study Economics because i had A's and B's in my other subjects including Economics, Maths, English, Geography, Commerce, and others, i was given admission to study economics, and when i told my dad, my step mum declined, saying i should wait for another year. I was devastated but endured enough.

The next year came and i took Jamb only for me to be denied admission, so i just pressured my dad to allow me run a diploma program in Business or expect my dead body. While as a diploma student, i took Nabteb in my first year from my 10,000 monthly allowances. I also had thesame (D) even when i paid for malpractice. Everyone made that Physics except me. The upper year, which happened to be my second year in Diploma also started with me taking WAEC GCE, same thing again. So i just gave up that Engineering wasn't for me.

In total, i gained three admission to study engineering but my result objected me. In total, i wrote exams for more than 6 times if am not mistaking, all to no avail.

So, after my Diploma, i applied for Direct Entry into UNIBEN, i was given admission but my step mum told my dad i should wait for his son to graduate first, i was down this time and even wanted to commit suicide, just that whenever i attempted it, Providence would not permit my self execution.

So as fate would have it. I applied again after Three years and even upon unnecessary trials, i graduated with a 2:1 in Business Administration. I love the course and it seems like God gave me what i deserved.

So my brother that wants to die because of Jamb. I know it painful but you have to calm down and learn that many did not get there too by taking the first train.

I hope you are encouraged.

#Please share your story let stop this suicide issue.

#Pardon errors due to typing and gramatization
Re: Suicide, Is It The Solution ?. Let Motivate Our Youths by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 20, 2019
I think the moderators should move this piece since suicide thought is now prevalent among many Nigerians.
Re: Suicide, Is It The Solution ?. Let Motivate Our Youths by CodeTemplar: 4:38pm On May 20, 2019
The economy may be a contributing factor. To certain people, only almajiris and fulanos are poor and so the cancelled YouWin in favour of trade money. They think YouWin isn't northern enough and see what we have today.
Re: Suicide, Is It The Solution ?. Let Motivate Our Youths by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 21, 2019
Alluring mate I adore the use of button and playfulness!

(1) (Reply)

Help Students Stay Alive. / Help Spread The Word And Create A Better World For Our Kids / Breaking: JAMB, Schools Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.