Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,935 members, 7,863,306 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:59 PM

Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS (5900 Views)

President Buhari Lauds GDP 5.01% Growth In Q2 2021 / Why We Extended Lockdown By 2 Weeks - Boss Mustapha / Buhari Extends Gradual Ease Of Lockdown In Lagos, Abuja, Ogun By 2 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by Topmaike007(m): 8:58pm On May 20, 2019
G
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by ibro1010(m): 8:58pm On May 20, 2019
Please federal government should increase NBS staff salary they work pass people working in CBN,NNPC, BOI, NEXIM Bank, DMO, NCC, NDIC etc.
Reason as NBS staff they went for survey from one rural areas to another collecting data and doing the analysis of the data... No allowances..... Is high time Government take NBS staff welfare seriously.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:59pm On May 20, 2019
miketayo:

Wat u don't get is even if it grows by 1000% if it doesn't affect the average Nigerian it's means nothing.

American President - Donald Trump explains his statement against Africans:

"If after 50 years of independence you have not built the necessary infrastructure for your people, are you humans?

"If you sit on gold, diamond, oil, manganese, uranium... and your people don't have food, are you humans?

"If to stay in power, you buy weapons from strangers to kill your own citizens, are you humans?

"If your only social project is to stay in power for life, are you being human?

"If you despise and shoot your own citizens like game, who will respect them?"
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=680415358989513&id=679943882369994

"if you take all resources meant for development of your country for personal property are you humans?

" if you leave your country healthcare unattended and treat yourself abroad are you humans?

"Until your leaders think less of themselves and more about your people. You are not human but animal.
Ignorant people like you keep propagating this nonsense even though you can't tell where, when and to whom he said it. If NBS had said the GDP dropped, you guys would have celebrated. Annoying bunch of sadists!
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by miketayo(m): 9:11pm On May 20, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Ignorant people like you keep propagating this nonsense even though you can't tell where, when and to whom he said it. If NBS had said the GDP dropped, you guys would have celebrated. Annoying bunch of sadists!

Man this is not about supporting one party or the other. I m telling u facts.. it doesn't matter if Ur GDP rises if the citizens of the country r not affected.

I work with d government if u know half of wat I have seen u wont be saying this. From the 70's till now no government has ever given a f*CK about this country or its citizens, I don't know about d 60's, I just laugh at u guys supporting APC or PDP u have no idea how these PPL r taking from u cheesy.
I have given up long ago.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:24pm On May 20, 2019
miketayo:

Man this is not about supporting one party or the other. I m telling u facts.. it doesn't matter if Ur GDP rises if the citizens of the country r not affected.

I work with d government if u know half of wat I have seen u wont be saying this. From the 70's till now no government has ever given a f*CK about this country or its citizens, I don't know about d 60's, I just laugh at u guys supporting APC or PDP u have no idea how these PPL r taking from u cheesy.
I have given up long ago.
I know about the rot in society and how GDP doesn't say much about the economic well being of the typical citizen. The government should be complimented when they ought to be complimented and criticised when need be. The rot in our society is due to the contribution of nigerians both leaders and followers. Government workers are the worst culprits, very disgusting lot (No disrespect for the noble ones who are a measly minority, prone to persecution). We deserve what is bedevilling us. We can only hope for little occasional leaps and not spontaneous significant transformation. We are not working for that, we do not deserve that.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by Yankee101: 9:27pm On May 20, 2019
New board inaugurated into NBS

Suddenly we're doing 2% per quarter

2% na beans?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by ADMAF(m): 9:51pm On May 20, 2019
grandstar:

Oga sir, if the fed govt had agreed to devalue Nig. Currency, your lots will still call him criminal and evil undecided
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by miketayo(m): 9:52pm On May 20, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

I know about the rot in society and how GDP doesn't say much about the economic well being of the typical citizen. The government should be complimented when they ought to be complimented and criticised when need be. The rot in our society is due to the contribution of nigerians both leaders and followers. Government workers are the worst culprits, very disgusting lot (No disrespect for the noble ones who are a measly minority, prone to persecution). We deserve what is bedevilling us. We can only hope for little occasional leaps and not spontaneous significant transformation. We are not working for that, we do not deserve that.

It seems u r not getting me.. the growth in our GDP is useless if it doesn't affect the lives of our people, FYI our leaders haven't done anything to be praised and there is no noble one amongst them.
If u could spend a day where I work u would understand a lil better. I can't explain it but frankly there is zero hope for this country it's not a curse only certain people will understand.
Forget all these Buhari Atiku fights u guys keep having here it's pointless
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by chizpim(m): 10:33pm On May 20, 2019
post=78566689:
Good news.
Slow and steady we will get to a New Nigeria
your totally sick.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by chizpim(m): 10:33pm On May 20, 2019
post=78566689:
Good news.
Slow and steady we will get to a New Nigeria
your totally sick.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:36pm On May 20, 2019
miketayo:

It seems u r not getting me.. the growth in our GDP is useless if it doesn't affect the lives of our people, FYI our leaders haven't done anything to be praised and there is no noble one amongst them.
If u could spend a day where I work u would understand a lil better. I can't explain it but frankly there is zero hope for this country it's not a curse only certain people will understand.
Forget all these Buhari Atiku fights u guys keep having here it's pointless
When I said noble, I was referring to government workers of which you form a part. But if you say everyone is corrupt then it's ok. There are good people, but the bad ones overwhelm them. The question we must ask ourselves daily as we criticise our leaders is are contributing our bit to nation building? Because when a country grows, it is because both leaders and followers worked to make it so.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by 4Play(m): 10:52pm On May 20, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

You seem like an educated person, so it would be utterly preposterous if you reason that the government of an impoverished low income state ought to be complimented for ''achieving'' 2% GDP growth. A level of GDP growth that, as already has been pointed out, is lower than population growth.

At our stage of development, we need double digit growth (10%+) to make significant dents in poverty levels. This is partly because the effects of growth often tend to follow the so called Kuznets curve, i.e., growth benefits the richer demographic primarily before spreading to the average person.

One more thing on "achieving" growth - economic growth is the natural order of things. The Nigerian economy grew after all during the civil war. Recessions are aberrations - exceptions to the norm - so growth in itself is not an achievement, rather it is the rate of growth which is the real indicator of government competence.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by MrMou: 11:52pm On May 20, 2019
nextstep:

God bless PMB. Just wanted to say that, hrm, GDP numbers are indicative of how well a country is run and the prospects for opportunities for its youths... to wit:

2011 5.31%
2012 4.21%
2013 5.49%
2014 6.22%
2015 2.79%
2016 -1.58%
2017 -0.82%
2018 1.93%

If we see 5% growth anytime during PMBs second tenure, I would be very surprised (albeit pleasantly).
Ebelemi actually met a quarterly GDP growth of 7.68% when he assumed office in 2010 & plunged it to 2.35% in May 2015.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by ehinmowo: 1:22am On May 21, 2019
contigiency:
Not exactly where we should be and start feeling the impact of the present government policies. It is however a positive growth which shows that there is a rallying efforts from the government to sustain the growth trajectory that brought us out of recession. My happiness is that any growth recorded now shows real growths in nominal terms than just rebasing the economy as is being touted by the government.

what is this one saying? expired economist.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by tiwiex(m): 1:31am On May 21, 2019
grandstar:

This is very poor. By now, Nigeria should at least be growing by 6%. 2.01% is not even up to the population growth rate of 2.6% which means the average Nigerian was -0.59% poorer.

Bloomsberg , a financial institution has predicted yearly growth rate in Nigeria over the next 4years will average 2.5% yearly. That means on average over the next 4years, per capita income will decline by -0.1% yearly.

This is a disgrace, no thanks to Buhari's exchange control policies such as the pegged exchange and the multiple exchange rates that operates today. The pegged exchange rate sank the economy into a severe recession by starving it of much needed dollars.

The multiple exchange screams quackery to investors and is a disincentive to invest.The economy can only start a well deserved recovery when Buhari steps down and the bad policies he introduced are done away with
The news is misleading. By how much have we shrunk in the last 3 years? It's like shrinking from 300 to 150 then you praise a 2% rise which takes you to 153. A far cry from 300 we were at.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by Wahala90: 3:41am On May 21, 2019
Govt of liars by liars for liars. They tell you that they spent billions on agriculture yet food prices are higher than they met it. They tell you about improved economy but you see no impact of it on the common man.

Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by miketayo(m): 7:31am On May 21, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

When I said noble, I was referring to government workers of which you form a part. But if you say everyone is corrupt then it's ok. There are good people, but the bad ones overwhelm them. The question we must ask ourselves daily as we criticise our leaders is are contributing our bit to nation building? Because when a country grows, it is because both leaders and followers worked to make it so.

The leaders are bad the People r worse, even if u say u r different you will join dem or u wont even get there. Bro it's hopeless, 60% might have to die for this country to bounce back.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:48am On May 21, 2019
miketayo:

The leaders are bad the People r worse, even if u say u r different you will join dem or u wont even get there. Bro it's hopeless, 60% might have to die for this country to bounce back.
You are right. I try to stay positive but I know the truth, I know we can't get it right anytime soon.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP Up By 2.01% In Q1, 2019 – NBS by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:50am On May 21, 2019
miketayo:

I have seen injustice in my life in naija. I will shake my head the rest of my life. undecided If I speak in defence of this government sometimes, I do it out of that optimism. I know my optimism is self deception.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? / Enugu State Inaugurates New Tech Hubs, Youth Innovation Centers / LASG Prohibits Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned And Buildings Under Constrution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.