Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

8 Basic Stats That Make B.o.a.t.s(unforgettable Soccer Legends) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 8 Basic Stats That Make B.o.a.t.s(unforgettable Soccer Legends) (219 Views)

Unknown Now, But soon I Will Be UNFORGETTABLE: Amusan's 2016 Tweet Resurfaces / Live: Unforgettable Soccer Moments For Ansu Fati & Arsenal / Can You Identify These African Soccer Legends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Basic Stats That Make B.o.a.t.s(unforgettable Soccer Legends) by Moneyfem: 8:20pm On May 20, 2019
Basic Factors that Make BOATS (My views)

By BOATS, I mean Biggest/Best Players of All Time. The acronym 'GOAT' is disgusting because a goat doesn't do any good than to stubbornly eat your food or farm produce after which you kill it for pepper soup. Conversely, a boat is a fast and efficient means of transportation. It takes people to their destinations. So, comparing a very good player to a boat is more symbolic than 'goat'.

Back to my main topic, BOATS are players in history who emerge every year or decade with superlative skills and achievements and consequently, making it hard for their generations and the ones to come to forget about them. Don't forget that some players in less than 30 years ago won Best Player Awards but a 20-year old football fan of this our decade knows more about Pele and Maradona than them. Though we still have categories of BOATS, below are the factors that distinguish a player as a BOAT:

1. Number of overall career goals and assists.

2. Number of awards bagged, e.g. best player, man of the match, golden boot/glove, MVP, etc.

3. Number and variety of trophies won.

4. Years of consistency and relevance(Messi and Ronaldo are tops based on this).

5. Successful Dribbles and tackles.

6. Excellent free-kicks and penalties scored.

7. Respect commanded from both fellow players and match officials.

8. The legacy and impacts made in the society before and after retirement(e.g. creating a charity foundation, job opportunities for the masses, etc.)

Note: The points are in no particular order and you can add yours. Thank you. (OWOFEM)

(1) (Reply)

Best Bookmakers In UK / Science Says Marijuana Makes You Skinny — Seriously / Police Reviewing Neymar's Video Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.