Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Starting A Business (part 1) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting A Business (part 1) (509 Views)

The Business Part Of Poultry Farming / How To Attain Success In Life And Business : Part 1 (rethink Your World) / Bank Accounts And People You Don't Wanna Send Money To - Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Starting A Business (part 1) by DBD: 5:43am On Sep 26, 2010
Unfortunately, a lot of people prefer the so called "JOB SECURITY" to "FREEDOM"; but just like I will always say that there is no security in any job, other than in your business. Not even with the recent happenings, where companies are downsizing in a bid to reduce their running cost, banks are been offered for sale, young people been forced to early retirement, tell me where the job security is?

Your business is the only sure thing that you can do that will bring you fulfillment. Yes, it might not start up well for you but trust me if you stay put; you will definitely experience success at every phase of your business. Although, the question must people ask me is what kind of business can I do?

Just before I answer that question, let me give you the simplest definition of a business - a business is a system of production, distribution and consumption of goods and service. Hence, your business should be something of value, something that can meet a need in someone's life. This is because money can only come when you offer a product or service that meets a need in the life of others.

Now, talking about what kind of business you can do - kindly consider these 3 points:

1) Look at the needs that you have a person and be rest assured that a lot of people also have that same need. Think about how you are able to meet your need and start offering that to other people as a line of business.

2) Look at your skills, gifts or talent and see what you can offer with ease while making a living

3) Look around you for existing goods and services that are been offered around you and think about how you can re-package or re-brand those goods or services

It is very important for you to note that your business MUST be about you, it must be something that you love doing, please do not always follow the crowd.

Look out for part 2 of Starting A Business where we will dwell on how to research and evaluate your business idea.

Thank you for reading this article and I wish you the best in your business venture.

All the best,

Louis Ijenwa

Business Consultant
De Business Drivers
info@businessdriversng.biz
www.businessdriversng.biz
Re: Starting A Business (part 1) by DBD: 2:38pm On Sep 26, 2010
We have a business development seminar coming on as indicated in the attached flyer on the 2nd October and 9th October 2010.

Our partnered bank is willing to finance any viable business.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria@50 - What Can You Give For Free? / Laundry Service (pick-up Anywhere In Lagos) / Corporate Registration Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.