Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) (32702 Views)

Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue / Kaduna Inland Dry Port : A Look At The Activities Of Nigeria's First Dry Port / Oyo Dry Port: Seyi Makinde Inspects Ongoing Construction At The Site - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by anonimi: 9:21am On May 23, 2019
Salebo:
Every village dwelling unexposed goat like you has nairaland as his/her playground..

Please Oga, why are you so pained

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by eDoctorr(m): 9:22am On May 23, 2019
kibraaminase:
So, the one at Erunmu has been abandoned
Lati'gbawo
Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by reservd(m): 9:29am On May 23, 2019
Please is there a dry port in ogun state? Just wondering why go that far to oyo state if it's to ease traffic in Lagos port since one gets to ogun first frm Lagos bfr oyo state.

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by Nobody: 9:33am On May 23, 2019
anonimi:

Should a wise government not focus on making the seaports in Calabar, Warri, Port Harcourt etc viable

There are already ports in those cities you mentioned... Lagos is just more commercially viable due to its population, that's all. Unless you're talking about a deep sea port which would cost way more than what is used to build a dry port.

Try to get the cost analysis of what you're asking for and you'll understand why it would be better to have rail transportation across all major cities to deliver cargo to the dry ports. It's just a smarter thing for less price.

2 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by anonimi: 9:36am On May 23, 2019
germanized:
There are already ports in those cities you mentioned... Lagos is just more commercially viable due to its population, that's all. Unless you're talking about a deep sea port which would cost way more than what is used to build a dry port.

Try to get the cost analysis of what you're asking for and you'll understand why it would be better to have rail transportation across all major cities to deliver cargo to the dry ports. It's just a smarter thing for less price.

Do you know how fuel is sold at the same price all over Nigeria irrespective how far the location is from the refinery or the landing port for fuel import?
Why do you think the same idea is not applied to seaport utilisation

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by tysontim(m): 9:39am On May 23, 2019
seguno2:

How do we reduce corruption and make progress if we are doing turn by turn tribal defence of our own looters as you have done here

9ja is not sustainable everyone is grabbing things for their region, so that wen it breaks up, they will be covered. North is using insecurities. West is using politics.

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by adioolayi(m): 9:42am On May 23, 2019
AutoReportNG2:
Ibadan... Are you ready for tankers across the state?
Very rare to be trapped inside traffic in Ibadan metropolis.... except one is not from Ibadan. You can use 3-4 routes to get to your destination in most part of Ibadan.

4 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by omokab: 9:48am On May 23, 2019
AutoReportNG2:
Ibadan... Are you ready for tankers across the state?p
you forgot that the rail from Lagos to Ibadan is almost been completed. And there are good roads to link other states from Ibadan now.

3 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by kbenks: 9:54am On May 23, 2019
zoedew:
Where is the dry port located in Ibadan?
The place is somewhere around Olodo on your way to iwo in Osun state.

3 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by kbenks: 9:56am On May 23, 2019
omokab:
dont forgot that the rail from Lagos to Ibadan is almost been completed. And there are good roads to link other states from Ibadan now.

Apart from that the rail system from Ibadan to Osogbo and to Kaduna is functional. The rail touches Osun, Kwara, Niger and Kaduna.
Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by greypencils: 9:57am On May 23, 2019
adekolaelect:
should a wise citizens of calaba, worri,port harcuout etc not supports the present administration for better Nigeria??
They still voted an administration that commissions single traffic light for 2nd term... Lmao

5 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by Nobody: 10:27am On May 23, 2019
The lion of Ubima, the Slayer of PDP, the nemesis of Nyesom Wike, the headache of Reno Omokrimina and the nightmare of FFK....well done.

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by Lot13(m): 10:29am On May 23, 2019
Lahmeda:
Erunmu Town.... along iwo-osun axis
This particular one is located at Olorisa oko village in Moniya area of Ibadan while the other one is located at Erunmu town.
Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by AutoReportNG2: 10:37am On May 23, 2019
UnitedAlliance:

We’re not ready.

Ibadan to Abeokuta road will become a nightmare.

But in other news I have drone video of the Governor and Minister as well as the shippers doing their inspection.

Hello Sir, do you mind sending across to us or you tag us? We will apperciate that Sir.

Thank you

cc: autoreportng

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by ibknaanii80: 10:47am On May 23, 2019
Nice One, am commenting because 3-4years from now I want to come here to appreciate federal government for completing the project.
Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by Nobody: 10:49am On May 23, 2019
AutoReportNG2:

Hello Sir, do you mind sending across to us or you tag us? We will apperciate that Sir.

Thank you

cc: autoreportng

Okay, I will consider doing that.

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by Nobody: 10:51am On May 23, 2019
adioolayi:

Very rare to be trapped inside traffic in Ibadan metropolis.... except one is not from Ibadan. You can use 3-4 routes to get to your destination in most part of Ibadan.

Unless we're talking about a different Ibadan. Ibadan is fast becoming a traffic nightmare.

New Garage
Challenge
Orita
Elebu
Apata
Dugbe
Mokola
Gate
Iwo Road

Please let's be realistic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by Nobody: 11:03am On May 23, 2019
anonimi:

Do you know how fuel is sold at the same price all over Nigeria irrespective how far the location is from the refinery or the landing port for fuel import?
Why do you think the same idea is not applied to seaport utilisation

You obviously don't know what I am saying. tongue
Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by adioolayi(m): 11:06am On May 23, 2019
UnitedAlliance:

Unless we're talking about a different Ibadan. Ibadan is fast becoming a traffic nightmare.

New Garage
Challenge
Orita
Elebu
Apata
Dugbe
Mokola
Gate
Iwo Road

Still you can get to your destinations using inner routes....Access Apata through Jericho, Oluyole estate or Akala express...depending on where you are coming from. You can always avoid Mokola, Iwo road roundabouts depending on where you are coming and going to. Same with Gate. Elebu is a residential area with narrow road and is outside business metropolis....All I'm saying is you can always maneuver your route in Ibadan.
Compare to Lagos....Just straight roads, no turning left or right into inner roads...hence no traffic escape..just stay till it eases off.

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by Salebo: 11:10am On May 23, 2019
anonimi:

Please Oga, why are you so pained
Because you are moronic..
Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by webizone(m): 11:23am On May 23, 2019
tysontim:

9ja is not sustainable everyone is grabbing things for their region, so that wen it breaks up, they will be covered. North is using insecurities. West is using politics.
What of the East and the South?
Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by Nobody: 11:24am On May 23, 2019
adioolayi:

Still you can get to your destinations using inner routes....Access Apata through Jericho, Oluyole estate or Akala express...depending on where you are coming from. You can always avoid Mokola, Iwo road roundabouts depending on where you are coming and going to. Same with Gate. Elebu is a residential area with narrow road and is outside business metropolis....All I'm saying is you can always maneuver your route in Ibadan.
Compare to Lagos....Just straight roads, no turning left or right into inner roads...hence no traffic escape..just stay till it eases off.

I continue to disagree with you though I respect your opinion.

So I'm coming from Beere and I now have to go to Jericho to go to Apata?

Oluyole Estate is where everybody larimo so that is also busy during rush hours.

Akala Express is uncompleted so you'll be stuck driving at 5mph after Kuola.

Elebu is not a residential area, its a multi use area. We have lots of businesses in there just like Oluyole. Hence why some call it Oluyole extension.

You can always maneuver your route in Lagos too so it's the same as in Ibadan, allmost. I mean I know what I have to do to get past Redeem when I need to go to Lagos from Ibadan. All those Ibafo, Ishara, Abeokuta detours.

You can always get to your destinations in both cities but my point is that Ibadan is fast becoming unbearable due to increased traffic.
Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by tysontim(m): 11:31am On May 23, 2019
webizone:
What of the East and the South?

Sorry they are not at the top yet. South South had the opportunity before
Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by adioolayi(m): 11:31am On May 23, 2019
UnitedAlliance:

I continue to disagree with you though I respect your opinion.

So I'm coming from Beere and I now have to go to Jericho to go to Apata?

Oluyole Estate is where everybody larimo so that is also busy during rush hours.

Akala Express is uncompleted so you'll be stuck driving at 5mph after Kuola.

Elebu is not a residential area, its a multi use area. We have lots of businesses in there just like Oluyole. Hence why some call it Oluyole extension.

You can always maneuver your route in Lagos too so it's the same as in Ibadan, allmost. I mean I know what I have to do to get past Redeem when I need to go to Lagos from Ibadan. All those Ibafo, Ishara, Abeokuta detours.

You can always get to your destinations in both cities but my point is that Ibadan is fast becoming unbearable due to increased traffic.

Well....let me even shock you...to me, as an indigene, Ibadan is on Seven hills...anything outside is an outskirts. So far your destination is within that Seven hills...you have 4-5 major routes to any destination.
When we talk about Lagos Traffic.. we are not talking of interstate traffic....Lagos traffic happens inside Lagos.
Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by webizone(m): 11:37am On May 23, 2019
tysontim:

Sorry they are not at the top yet. South South had the opportunity before
Do you see now that regions who have nothing, seeking to leave, have a genuine struggle?
Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by Babawon1: 11:45am On May 23, 2019
UnitedAlliance:

New Garage
Challenge
Orita
Elebu
Apata
Dugbe
Mokola
Gate
Iwo Road

I think that coz of construction going on at iwo-road, gate , basorub , akobo. in fact there is no where road not being construct

2 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 23, 2019
adioolayi:

Well....let me even shock you...to me, as an indigene, Ibadan is on Seven hills...anything outside is an outskirts. So far your destination is within that Seven hills...you have 4-5 major routes to any destination.
When we talk about Lagos Traffic.. we are not talking of interstate traffic....Lagos traffic happens inside Lagos.

I am also an Ibadan indigene.

To guess my age and knowledge of the city:

I used to go to Kingsway, Leventis, UTC, Scala, Odeon, KS Cinema. I saw Haruna the Gorilla at UI. I rode in brand new taxi cabs in Ibadan. I used public telephone in Ibadan. I am an indigene.

As long as we're talking Ibadan then we have to be all inclusive. Those that live in Apata, Elebu has the same right to claim Ibadan as those living in Beere, Foko, Opo Yeosa, Agugu.

Yes, we are talking intra city traffic. Is gate not in Ibadan? Is it not a few meters from the center of Oyo state government?

2 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 23, 2019
Babawon1:
I think that coz of construction going on at iwo-road, gate , basorub , akobo. in fact there is no where road not being construct

You are right Sir. But since the 70's the gate axis has been notorious for traffic though not this much.

Every traffic in every city has a cause. Be it congestion, road construction, accident, etc
Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by Mighttty: 12:12pm On May 23, 2019
[quote author=Destroyerofyeeb post=78638445]Ibadan is bigger than Lagos, big enough to take any economic expansion. No worries. [pls the dry port is in which area in Ibadan?
Re: FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) by tj2018: 1:25pm On May 23, 2019
saucelake231:
he is a bagger(son of odin) so what did you expect(stinky HL)

Why are you guys so pained..... I dont get it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obi And Datti Listen As Their Wives Speak To Them At Campaign (Photos) / Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot / Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.