Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant (91685 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 9:57pm On Jun 11, 2019
There I was shivering from cold and this daughter of eve came from nowhere ..

The Pastor in charge or head of ushering dept even music director might even be here, wehdon sir(s) grin

Fire service. Not the one that came to the house o

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 10:00pm On Jun 11, 2019
Dignity in labour.. Everybody takes pride in doing their jobs..

In my town, them for close down the whole lane to repair one traffic light. They even roll out red carpet to commission ONE traffic light! Yes, O N E

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2019
COSTCO.. bulk sale. Perfect for large families

Just to check on you, knock knock knock, are you Ok? Everywhere are you ok? Are you ok? No am not ok, give me pounds!

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by CharisJay: 7:48am On Jun 12, 2019
I'm loving every bit of this thread. I'm coming to UK soon, for the first time. Keep em coming. Hope to document my experience like this.

12 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by myport: 10:07am On Jun 12, 2019
@Abini2012 reading all through your diary is nostalgic for me. Once lived on Boswell street some years back. Remember when I just got into Coventry and missed my way from ASDA to the house saw this three teenage boys acting funny while trying to ask for direction.
Also went for a training in Knotford and getting back to Coventry train station late at between 10 or even past 11 pm can't remember fully now, called black cab which was my only option then this Indian driver attempted to gba mi. He charged me £15, was furious and I asked what is meter reading his answer was infuriating, he uttered with his funny accent, "meter just got bad". Just handed him £10 and slammed the door.

Hope there is still Cosmo close to city center nice Asian restaurant look out for it , sure you will testify. Saw your picture of Peacock "pigeon" ( that's cracking) not a bad store , with student ID they do 20% discount- though that I experienced at Portsmouth and guess It should be same across board. So your hubby can go shop there with his student ID for 20% less.

Enjoying your stories and pictures, I come here looking forward to it almost on daily basis.

Thanks for bringing back memories for me.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 8:47pm On Jun 12, 2019
myport:
@Abini2012 reading all through your diary is nostalgic for me. Once lived on Boswell street some years back. Remember when I just got into Coventry and missed my way from ASDA to the house saw this three teenage boys acting funny while trying to ask for direction.
Also went for a training in Knotford and getting back to Coventry train station late at between 10 or even past 11 pm can't remember fully now, called black cab which was my only option then this Indian driver attempted to gba mi. He charged me £15, was furious and I asked what is meter reading his answer was infuriating, he uttered with his funny accent, "meter just got bad". Just handed him £10 and slammed the door.

Hope there is still Cosmo close to city center nice Asian restaurant look out for it , sure you will testify. Saw your picture of Peacock "pigeon" ( that's cracking) not a bad store , with student ID they do 20% discount- though that I experienced at Portsmouth and guess It should be same across board. So your hubby can go shop there with his student ID for 20% less.

Enjoying your stories and pictures, I come here looking forward to it almost on daily basis.

Thanks for bringing back memories for me.

Wooow! Thanks so much for the lovely feedback. Thanks for the Peacock info. I've been eyeing one jacket like that, praying for sales grin.. I'll check out Cosmo, don't think I've noticed it

Thanks!
Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 8:48pm On Jun 12, 2019
CharisJay:
I'm loving every bit of this thread. I'm coming to UK soon, for the first time. Keep em coming. Hope to document my experience like this.

You sure will! Tag me when you do pls.
Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 5:13am On Jun 21, 2019
One of the agencies I registered with, gave me a job. I didn't want to disappoint being first time and all that, so here I was on a cold Sunday morning at the deserted bus stop. Empty streets..
Lone ride

6 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 5:15am On Jun 21, 2019
Street sweeper doing his thing.
Dignity in labour

4 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 5:33am On Jun 21, 2019
I've worked in 4 different homes so far over the past 2 weeks and I've been fortunate to work with lovely and down to earth white ladies who took their time to teach/show me the way..

First home.. lovely and serene environment, professional work ethic

Lady in purple made a novice experience easy.. she asked me to go on 15mins break (the shift was long day ie 8am-8pm, you are entitled to 3 breaks- 15mins, 30mins, 15mins), I thought she said 50mins cheesy ( sometimes I don't hear what they say, I'll just smile and nod my head grin).. so, there I was relaxing at the staff room chatting with a friend online when she came and told me my break was over 40mins ago shocked. I told her you said 50mins break, she replied No, 15mins(stressing the 1 5).. na dey I know say I don goof, these people go know say I be proper ta ta! cheesy
Staff gathering to sign out. As I no be staff, I just waka pass. My Timesheet already signed.

3 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 5:38am On Jun 21, 2019
Staff rides..

Jeje jeje we dey go
Home's neighborhood

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 5:44am On Jun 21, 2019
These ladies were acting like they are from one state in South South or the southern part of my town, so I jus shift stand one side. I no wan hear story..

Person wey ask question no dey miss road my broda grin

Tap n go. Contactless!

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Mizwisdom(f): 8:27am On Jun 21, 2019
Abini2012:
Staff rides..

Jeje jeje we dey go
Home's neighborhood

Hope you know those Wities gossip too. They'll be smiling with you but stabbing your behind grin you too smile back but be on your guard, if you like your job do eye service cheesy cheesy. Watch EastEnders or any of their soaps to understand more about them

7 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by heniford2: 12:24pm On Jun 21, 2019
This place its too good

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by heniford2: 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2019
This place its too good God pick my call am them tried of najia

3 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by budaatum: 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Hope you know those Wities gossip too. They'll be smiling with you but stabbing your behind grin you too smile back but be on your guard, if you like your job do eye service cheesy cheesy. Watch EastEnders or any of their soaps to understand more about them
Watching Eastenders to see into a people's mind is like learning history from the stories of Shakespeare!

Oyinbo no get your time as I'm sure you are finding already so don't go imagining they are threatened by you. Trust yourself and not Eastenders!

I tried the plantain fufu and it is good! Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by DisGuy: 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2019
Avoid posting identifiable pics of people you work with

7 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by DisGuy: 3:54pm On Jun 21, 2019
budaatum:

Watching Eastenders to see into a people's mind is like learning history from the stories of Shakespeare!

Oyinbo no get your time as I'm sure you are finding already so don't go imagining they are threatened by you. Trust yourself and not Eastenders!

So true. Imagine what people think of Nigerians just by watching Nollywood. shocked

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 5:03am On Jun 22, 2019
DisGuy:
Avoid posting identifiable pics of people you work with
Had second thought about it too... thanks for pointing it out and doing the needful! grin

5 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 5:05am On Jun 22, 2019
budaatum:

Oh la la...see enjoyment.. how much did u get it?
Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 5:19am On Jun 22, 2019
Went for a Doctor and Nurse appointments..
Who needs one..
Dem colours

Church in the corner

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 5:29am On Jun 22, 2019
The rejected stone has become... grin

View of the center

I was 30mins early so took randoms..

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 5:32am On Jun 22, 2019
Truly receptive
They wait
View of ground floor from first floor
Relationship goal grin

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 5:51am On Jun 22, 2019
Things we take for granted!
Not calling to cancel appointments, taking drugs prescribed for someone else etc.. God help us!

At my first appointment, Nurse tried to hide her surprise that I've not done cervical smear at my age grin when she was taking down my medical history. this day's appointment was for that.. FREE on the NHS grin.. (I remember one day in church when it was announced that a female doctor from the US or so was in town and she was going to do Smear for women of certain age bracket free for the first 2 days. Next day, we all trooped there, omo see crowd, long story short I no do am

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 5:56am On Jun 22, 2019
Lazy day, took a stroll..
Excursion?

Dog was listening to his mama as if he understood what she was saying.. well, maybe he did

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 6:03am On Jun 22, 2019
Noticed almost all the shops are on summer sale kiss

Lazy day ended at Primark...

Summer!

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 6:11am On Jun 22, 2019
Cross section of Primark's FIRST FLOOR cheesy

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 6:13am On Jun 22, 2019
grin

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 6:15am On Jun 22, 2019
The colours kiss

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 6:21am On Jun 22, 2019
Kids.. too many to choose, very cheap to buy considering they wear this week and outgrow the following week cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 6:26am On Jun 22, 2019
No be Primark o grin

Re: Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant by Abini2012: 6:30am On Jun 22, 2019
Lazy day continued...
Children section

Lady came down to the waiting arms of her man
They asked me if I want to register to learn, I said no o my village people are not that strong grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (51) (Reply)

Top 10 Areas In The Usa With The Most Nigerian Population. / Koronu Ibadan Where People Don't Think (Video, Photos) / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.