Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs (8707 Views)

Google Ranking Factors 10 Things You Should Know About / 5 Tips To Improve Website Visibility For Better Google Ranking / 4 Most Important Search Engine Ranking Factors You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by SEONaijaExpert: 3:44am On May 23, 2019
I've been privileged to see several transitions of Google indexing rules, I've watched algorithms come and go, even some silent changes and tweaking happening on Google's search result page. In all these, one thing has not changed, Google still loves to feature most relevant contents to search queries.

Before now, the concentration has always been on the content and bloggers/web owner got away with a lot of gimmicks like keyword stuffing (funny enough people still do this), targeted first paragraph, rewriting title tags, testing keyword density, asking to click search result multiple times to see it go up in rank, creating footer links of several blogs, using old domain to setup a blog and many more.

But now, it's no longer about the bloggers or web owners, it's about the users. Unfortunately, it's even beyond how SEOed your contents are. It's beyond the word count or quality of your contents. Google is returning power to the users visiting via search results, these metrics becomes the determinant.

For easy understanding, I will break this down into two: User Interface and User Experience (UI and UX)

The UI and UX has always been part of us. Infact any experienced website developer will understand that this must be checked on the list of a good website.

User Experience is simply creating a products or providing informations that are meaningful and relevant experiences of your users. No too much grammar.

This UX in a way can help you generate more leads since customers finds it user friendly, gain more presence, and keep customers converting even without a landing page (though I recommend).

Away from the common terms and my effort to break this down... this is how Google understands user experience.

For Google, UX is measured and determined in 4 ways:

1) Your Time on Page (how long unique visits stays on your site/site)

2) Your Loading Time (measured via webpage size, scripting and http page request)

3) Your Bounce rate (how fast users switch to other sites from your website)

4) Your Content engagement (length, relevance and count/replies count, also measured via page authority)

Technically, all these factors are intertwined. This makes the measure pretty easy for Google because, if your loading time is high, there will be increase in bounce rate, hence, zero time on page and no content engagement. You see that? It's easy to measure.

Let's says some user were born with patience and they got past the loading time but your site isn't easily navigated, time on page will be affected. The long and short of this is that one can affect the other.

To increase your user experience, i found some questions to consider:

* Who comes to this website?
* What problem do they need to solve?
* How will they use the information provided on the website?
* How would they like to get this information, and when do they need it?
* What mental model do they apply to understand the information?
* What do they want to get out of interacting with the website?
* How does delivering the information visitors are seeking also meet your business objectives?

Answers to these questions to would help you channel your blog information or product towards relevance which is exactly what Google wants on their search result page.

You might be wondering how I'm discussing contents and I'm not talking about keyword research and all the stuffs you've read online before now, well, that's where the problem is. I'm thinking more as an SEO experimentalists while stating reasons you've great contents and stills not ranked. Like I said, Google is thinking more than just contents. Obviously, content is no longer king but user experience.

From my experience over the years, what ranks on Google ranks on other search engine. Especially if it's on first page on Google, there's possibility of having it ranked on first page (even if at the bottom) of other search engines. It's obvious Google is the most used search engine and hence the attention and concentration for traffic.

I hope this contents helps clarify or educate you and hopefully I'd discuss user interface when next I write.

PS: Ignore any typo, this is from brain to text, no proofreading done.

PSS: Base on the listed 4 factors for ranking, you can ask any question here, I will reply as time permits.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by Nobody: 9:05am On May 23, 2019
SEO is ever changing, but one factor still stands out, backlinks will always carry the day!

7 Likes

Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by Cyberleets: 9:15am On May 23, 2019
Content length is very important!

Google will always rank a 1000 words article with proper keyword over 400 words article!! Although not in a competitive keywords.
Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by mattonnairaland: 10:21am On May 23, 2019
Other areas of SEO still stands in my opinion but as you right stated, user experience comes first for Google. I would have thought informative topics like this should be on the front-page

Lalasticlala
Dominique
Seun

3 Likes

Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by Ihutomi: 2:35pm On May 23, 2019
I seriously don't know wat u are saying all the best sha

1 Like

Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by corpersforum(f): 2:36pm On May 23, 2019
for where?
Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 23, 2019
Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by supertech24(m): 2:42pm On May 23, 2019
Ok
Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by zakir007(m): 2:43pm On May 23, 2019
Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by aragon4realz(m): 2:43pm On May 23, 2019
not funny

Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 23, 2019
smiley
Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by EngRichie: 2:55pm On May 23, 2019
What if one's blog content is all about tips? I feels tips are mostly bullet points and not as long as explanations and don't need images many times.
Like in my blog, I mostly go straight to the point making my articles short.
Please check it and criticize.

Thanks.
Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by chigo4u: 2:56pm On May 23, 2019
Cyberleets:
Content length is very important!

Google will always rank a 1000 words article with proper keyword over 400 words article!! Although not in a competitive keywords.
That was before, not so important in 2019

1 Like

Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by PureMind2: 2:59pm On May 23, 2019
We supply eggs to any location of your choice or you can come for pick up
Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by makeitijn: 3:04pm On May 23, 2019
Who is tired of this story
Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by Ruddyman(m): 3:12pm On May 23, 2019
Goood work OP

2 Likes

Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by abdeiz(m): 3:25pm On May 23, 2019
The secrets Google use in ranking their pages are a closely guarded secret. Although your guesses are inline but they aren't restricted to those mentioned.
Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by INTEGRITYA1(m): 3:28pm On May 23, 2019
Informative
Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by Cyberleets: 3:35pm On May 23, 2019
chigo4u:

That was before, not so important in 2019

It's still very much in play...
Like i said, a website with better content can rank for a keyword even without backlink!...the keyword won't be a competitive one tho.

no one fully knows Google algorithms... the like to confuse people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by Legendguru: 3:51pm On May 23, 2019
google and.monopoly five and six
Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by Oluwa4u(m): 3:58pm On May 23, 2019
you can make money by monetizing your blog with adsense adverts. I have verified naija and UK Adsense for sale 0815 486.1294 whatsapp me
Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by chigo4u: 3:59pm On May 23, 2019
Cyberleets:

It's still very much in play...
Like i said, a website with better content can rank for a keyword even without backlink!...the keyword won't be a competitive one tho.

no one fully knows Google algorithms... the like to confuse people
Social signals plays a big role nowadays

1 Like

Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by ricon: 4:05pm On May 23, 2019
@ OP, I'm your no. 1 fan but I came in late to class today grin

I've observed your comments on these subjects closely, you're an authority in this brodah, you know your onions. I hope you write on user interface as I'm also a developer/programmer.

1 Like

Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by pacespot(m): 4:24pm On May 23, 2019
thanks for the info, but backlinks are still very important. I wonder when Google would stop laying emphasis on backlinks coz most web users are already aware of this and they often hold back on linking to other page even if it is relevant coz of giving out their page authority in the process.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs by Eddiecute86(m): 4:35pm On May 23, 2019
If you have good contents with time your site will start ranking naturally.
You don’t need to bother yourself about SEO except it’s a business site

www.chemistrykeys.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Connect To the Internet on Your Pc Without Modem / Pls Which Website Can I Find Any Final Year Project In Nigeria / Professional Blog And Forum For Just12k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.