Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem (44846 Views)

See Why Honda Has More Ball Joint Failure / Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) / Lasting Solution To Honda Ball Joint Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by ignis: 12:24pm On May 23, 2019
Honda can fall hands ....

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by ChisomK9(m): 12:25pm On May 23, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
Watching and smiling.

I did publish a solution to Honda Ball Joint wahala. For those that care, read it

Honda Civic of any model from 1990 does not have this ball joint wahala.

Also, this has been corrected in Accord models from 2009 and above.
100%
Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by Emmanuel5453(m): 12:25pm On May 23, 2019
The common one we will be mentioning here is the ball joint .
Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by mutualrespect(m): 12:25pm On May 23, 2019
Please Ops, does Honda CR-V (2005) model have the same issue?
Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by maclatunji: 12:26pm On May 23, 2019
ignis:
Honda can fall hands ....

True, one almost killed me and I was not even in the car. We thank God for life.
Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by maclatunji: 12:28pm On May 23, 2019
UnitedAlliance:

Do you love your Sister so? cheesy

I was wondering too grin grin grin grin

Car that can scatter on the road at any time.

4 Likes

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by maclatunji: 12:29pm On May 23, 2019
mutualrespect:
Please Ops, does Honda CR-V (2005) model have the same issue?

Don't know to be honest. Accords are notorious for this problem though.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by CaesarDon(m): 12:39pm On May 23, 2019
sad

This is very sad actually, I was seriously contemplating getting a Honda evil spirit cos of its badass interior and sleek design

But friends are advicing me to opt for the camry muscle

But this problem is very bad, l remember the tyres of my Dad's CRV got removed in motion and high speed on the express

Honda should have done something about this flaw and recalled the vehicles, cos I'm cock sure this flaw has cost many lives

2 Likes

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by Computergloba: 12:43pm On May 23, 2019
cool
Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by CaesarDon(m): 12:44pm On May 23, 2019
BEANSANDBREAD00:
I always find it difficult to understand why people still buy honda vehicles especially the EOD series that is prone to ball joint issues
If you love honda save your money and buy evil spirit models 2011 and upwards

Pls are these evil spirit models exempt from this flaw shocked
Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by madgoat(m): 12:47pm On May 23, 2019
Keepmaster:
I just got a very fine Honda for Uber work oo. I no wan face ball joint palava oo

Just make sure you have spare ball joint in ur boot. You never can tell when u will need it

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by BEANSANDBREAD00(m): 12:47pm On May 23, 2019
CaesarDon:

yes they are
Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by Favbolu(m): 12:50pm On May 23, 2019
EbuGeneral:
#ShameOnAdeboye
You are a big fool an Antichrist
Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by KingRabota: 12:56pm On May 23, 2019
Honda is a great nrand of vehicle , the problem is Nigerians and our management mentality . the Shaft , Ball Joint assembly rarely scatters without giving sign . The black Honda driver will hear the noise coming from that side and IGNORE it with the belief that they can manage it . after managing the noise for a few weeks KPAM . Shaft don Pull

OGA HONDAMAN MAINTAIN YA CAR PROPERLY and it wont cast

Jackpat:
The best solution is to stay away from Honda products. ..it is a no no for us in Nigeria cause of our dilapidated roads
Richdad50:
shocked

All these long talk for an inferior car brand. It is better to own a 1999 Passat than a 2007 Honda Accord ( End of Discussion or continue)

Richdad
BEANSANDBREAD00:
I always find it difficult to understand why people still buy honda vehicles especially the EOD series that is prone to ball joint issues
If you love honda save your money and buy evil spirit models 2011 and upwards

4 Likes

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by Babadee1900(m): 1:21pm On May 23, 2019
So many misinformed people on this thread. China Knockoff parts will show una pepper. Buy Genuine Honda OEM part or buy Grade one Tokunbo part y’all won’t listen. Be buying #1500 Ball joints and expect it not to pull off on the road.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by Healthgwr: 1:27pm On May 23, 2019
Thanks for information....................This information will be very useful......
The Nation Friday February 1, 2019 page 29 Hope rises for Cancer Patients.

In recent years, Nigeria has been plagued by increasing cases of people afflicted with cancer. It is a terminal disease that kills people in large numbers, while many are still battling for survival. The most common in Nigeria for women are breast cancer, cervix cancer, ovarian cancer, and colorectal cancer, while prostate cancer, liver cancer and colorectal cancer are some of the most common cases in men.

Sixty three pages of various testimonies mostly Nigerian and their phone numbers who had various health challenges before click the link bellow. Some of testimonies of Nigeria Medical Doctors and Pharmacists who also testify! Including Medical Doctors from Military Hospital have a look at pages 17 to 33. Visit the link below Please, copy to browser For full information visit https://bestofbelllifestylequalitylife..com or Shorten form /2HTGjrh

Or

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByZ2hSToNNZ-ZXhTU3hySThUQlE/view?usp=sharing

Or shorten form

/xM6Olk
Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by Roydonzy87: 1:29pm On May 23, 2019
UnitedAlliance:

Do you love your Sister so? cheesy

I wanted to sale it off at the price of 350K , she said instead to sale it i should pls give it to her to take my nieces/nephew to school that she can manage it well, she's a civil servant though.. But honestly she dey manage am well ooo

3 Likes

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by stanley000: 1:49pm On May 23, 2019
One fool us like "if you maintain your car you won't have the issue" so you mean ppl using Benz and Toyota are the ones who maintain their cars only ABI?? The only good thing about Honda is that it's easier to love-vendor with alloys and all that and also the interior is quite classic. That's y young guys buy honda more, minus that Honda is just a piece of trash....

Is u don't have cash for Benz then buy Toyota, I even prefer Mazda infact Mazda is greatly underrated in Nigeria, that car is one of the strongest Japanese brand.

Last line, if u don't have at least 50k in your account, do not drive Ur honda outside Ur gate. Ok

6 Likes

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by majamajic(m): 1:57pm On May 23, 2019
quentin06:
between 2012 and 2014 I owned a 2003 Accord (End of discussion) I shuttle between Abuja and Calabar at least twice ayear , a distance of over 700km, driving through the bad roads of Ikom, Ogoja and some areas in Benue state, I never had this so called bow joint problem.

Yes the Compared to Toyota and Volkswagen the Honda wheels can look fragile , but the issue of shafts, bow joints and tie rod breaking or pulling

is common to most cars although different, these components usually give off a sign that all is not well, shafts makes noise when cornering,
with tie rods and bow joints there is excessive play in the front wheels.

Some Vehicle owners of Honda car who complain about these problems deliberately ignore the warning signs and blame the manufacturer while they re are at fault.

Through out the period I owned the accord, I have never been stranded on the road as a result of a bow joint problem.

i have seen owners of vw and toyota cars and suvs who were stranded because of torn shafts and broken bow joints a closer enquiry revealed prolong neglect of the warning signs by these owners.

Stop over flogging the issue, if you cant do necessary maintenance on a vehicle stick with a bike or keke. angry

even the Honda company itself accepted the mistake, they corrected it from 2010 models up, apart from civic , every Honda product from 2001 including CR-V has that issue, though u might be one of very lucky few, even this Sunday on my way to songo OTA one woman with 2005 EOD was a victim just before ShopRite, I use Honda now too. I do avoid potholes alot and I don't turn full instead I do multiple sterling turn that's the only way am avoiding it. I use Honda and am aware it Happens , I see not less than 3 victims every week, all Honda !!

6 Likes

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by EazyMoh(m): 1:57pm On May 23, 2019
Why is it that this particular issue is almost ONLY reported by Nigerians?

Check ANY international reputable car review site and they never mention this particular issue as a con of any Honda.
This is Edmunds review of this particular model, yet no mention of this ball joint pull out.

It also has a better rating than it's main rival the Toyota Camry.

8 Likes

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by Iambabaman(m): 1:59pm On May 23, 2019
Guys calm down, the solution is really not far fetched and in as much as you proofer a solution it doesn't seems very applicable to the Nigerian way. Now here's what I think. Having driving a crv for a long time I can say that negligence is the number one reason.

Save you get your Honda brand new, I'll advise that all the components displayed in the picture should be replaced that's the first step. AND at the end of bolting the ball joint, please instruct the mechanic to apply the key, with that key in place, you're about 75% guaranteed of not having that issue

5 Likes

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by Iambabaman(m): 2:04pm On May 23, 2019
Some Nigerians don't replace parts, they rather want to fix the faulty part and even if they want replace it, they ignorantly replace the faulty part with a less faulty part and the circle continues...

5 Likes

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by Tonnierichy(m): 2:08pm On May 23, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

All these long talk for an inferior car brand. It is better to own a 1999 Passat than a 2007 Honda Accord ( End of Discussion or continue)

Richdad
Ignorance

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by Bimpe29: 2:09pm On May 23, 2019
I have been a victim of this ball joint wahala at four different occasions while I was using Honda as a car.
However, I have not had similar experience since I have been riding my super rugged Toyota Camry.

2 Likes

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by bejick(m): 2:17pm On May 23, 2019
buchulz:
If you want to know How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem, very simple, just get the genuine Honda part (from genuine Honda dealer or even order and ship the part from US) I use 3 Honda product, one has been with me for 15 years now.... when it first pulled after the first 5 years of use, I had this issue severally for almost 2 years after series of part replacement with parts obtained within the country until I got the genuine parts from US.... from then till now (more than 8 yrs now) this issue has been history.... I used to wonder why this ball joint issue so rampant in Nigeria??

bad road and poor spare part
Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by bejick(m): 2:17pm On May 23, 2019
buchulz:
If you want to know How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem, very simple, just get the genuine Honda part (from genuine Honda dealer or even order and ship the part from US) I use 3 Honda product, one has been with me for 15 years now.... when it first pulled after the first 5 years of use, I had this issue severally for almost 2 years after series of part replacement with parts obtained within the country until I got the genuine parts from US.... from then till now (more than 8 yrs now) this issue has been history.... I used to wonder why this ball joint issue so rampant in Nigeria??
bad road and poor spare part

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by malele(m): 2:25pm On May 23, 2019
CaesarDon:
sad

This is very sad actually, I was seriously contemplating getting a Honda evil spirit cos of its badass interior and sleek design

But friends are advicing me to opt for the camry muscle

But this problem is very bad, l remember the tyres of my Dad's CRV got removed in motion and high speed on the express

Honda should have done something about this flaw and recalled the vehicles, cos I'm cock sure this flaw has cost many lives

U can buy, the problem was corrected from accord 2008 upwards

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by malele(m): 2:25pm On May 23, 2019
CaesarDon:

Yes they are
Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by CocoaOla: 2:26pm On May 23, 2019
stanley000:
One fool us like "if you maintain your car you won't have the issue" so you mean ppl using Benz and Toyota are the ones who maintain their cars only ABI?? The only good thing about Honda is that it's easier to love-vendor with alloys and all that and also the interior is quite classic. That's y young guys buy honda more, minus that Honda is just a piece of trash....

Is u don't have cash for Benz then buy Toyota, I even prefer Mazda infact Mazda is greatly underrated in Nigeria, that car is one of the strongest Japanese brand.

Last line, if u don't have at least 50k in your account, do not drive Ur honda outside Ur gate. Ok
. Ignorant ignorant ignorance

11 Likes

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by malele(m): 2:31pm On May 23, 2019
CocoaOla:
. Ignorant ignorant ignorance

Lollll
Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by gonkin(m): 2:35pm On May 23, 2019
Hondas can squeeze the last dime outta your pocket especially when u are managing cash before payday. And in the last 4 days I saw 2 of these Honda accords u mentioned with the same issue broken down right at the center of the intersection. Baby boy and EOD.
I USED A 1995 ODYSSEY FOR 3 years and there was only one time i almost experienced the leg pull but a clip saved the fall. I felt it and knew it was the wheel framework falling apart so I parked by the side of the road and behold it was right there. So i rolled up the windows, locked the doors and took public transportation home. I slept well the next day I called a mechanic (I was using one then) and the guy charged me 3k to replace and put it back in order. Since then I started learning to check for any signs of collapse every 1 week and when I saw 1 I amended myself. Now I no longer use honda.
I'm now riding a 1992 landcruiser with front and rear solid axles. Everything is so easy to fix.
Only issues I have now is too much weight on rear tyres also I plan to change the axle seals and cv joints. It's quite easy running solid axles compared to IFS

3 Likes

Re: How To Avoid The Common Honda Ball Joint Problem by ultimateprof: 2:48pm On May 23, 2019
twosquare:
How to avoid Honda ball joint problem? It's simple: STOP BUYING HONDA
Exactly!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Evolution Of Cars: What They Look Like Then Vs Now. / How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions / Toyota Corolla 2006 Vs. Toyota Matrix 2005: Which Should I Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.