Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos (30716 Views)

Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport / US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple / Customs Seizes Truckload Of Weapons, Codeine, Tramadol In Imo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by Agugbadin: 12:07pm On May 23, 2019
Lies, it can be 15billion Naira
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by Emmanuel5453(m): 12:07pm On May 23, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by ogtavia(m): 12:09pm On May 23, 2019
Alzirida:
How do they calculate the worth

The thing tire me. 16bn isn't small money.
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by loudwave(m): 12:10pm On May 23, 2019
HOW COME 1.5BILLION
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by Nuzo1(m): 12:13pm On May 23, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

There is hunger and a dip in the standard of living in the Nigeria. People will do anything just to have an equivalence of meat in their food. It is that bad.

When you got kids, you will do anything to give your children that feeling of eating meat too.

Richdad

The donkey skin are for export. Not for import. It is used for Chinese traditional medicine. Not for consumption.

A full donkey used to cost about 10-15k. But since the Chinese started using for their traditional medicine; the price has skyrocketed to about 80-120k per donkey.

Many Nigerians made loads of money sourcing donkey skin for these Chinese until the donkeys up north began going extinct.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by Richdad50(m): 12:14pm On May 23, 2019
I see. I thought it was the usual ponmo for household consumption. Thanks
Nuzo1:

The donkey skin are for export. Not for import. It is used for Chinese traditional medicine. Not for consumption.

A full donkey used to cost about 10-15k. But since the Chinese started using for their traditional medicine; the price has skyrocketed to about 80-120k per donkey.

Many Nigerians made loads of money sourcing donkey skin for these Chinese until the donkeys up north began going extinct.

Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 23, 2019
That's why I hate Kilishi. I don't know how they source for their meat.
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 23, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

There is hunger and a dip in the standard of living in Nigeria. People will do anything just to have an equivalence of meat in their food. It is that bad.

When you got kids, you will do anything to give your children that feeling of eating meat too.

Richdad

What is the difference between them and assassin? Killing others to put food on their table. The excuses you guys give sometimes ehn! I always thinking the kind of persons you are.

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by Biodun556(m): 12:17pm On May 23, 2019
That's not ponmo. It is called AWO because it's meant for leather and consumption.
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by West2019(m): 12:20pm On May 23, 2019
I think him.make a mistake 15millons not 15 billions custom officer dey take drug as well
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by NwaNimo1(m): 12:23pm On May 23, 2019
Alzirida:
How do they calculate the worth

They make things up.....
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by aspiring44: 12:23pm On May 23, 2019
grandstar:
Poor donkeys

They are so sweet and gentle animals.

China's voracious demand will soon make these creatures extinct.

You are quite right. They be mostly use it as an aphrodisiac
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by omemero(m): 12:23pm On May 23, 2019
the skin is not for consumption
DonGtoG1:

Probably through their enquiries from the culprits.

But, what is the essence of going for poisonous animal skin (ponmo)?.

When you have GOD given fresh "PONMO" that you just have to legally come to agreement with your partner and reproduce in peace.

"LIFE'S GOOD"(LG), so i have no business with poisonous Ponmo.
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:30pm On May 23, 2019
mightyhaze:
how much is a live donkey
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by baby124: 12:33pm On May 23, 2019
They say donkey meat na ponmo. Lmao
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by OkoroPeugeot(m): 12:36pm On May 23, 2019
Who saw the blue car on top container
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by Toks2008(m): 12:40pm On May 23, 2019
Is Ponmo Donkey skin? I thought it is cow skin.

Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by LZAA: 12:46pm On May 23, 2019
morikee:
+Come to think of this+
In Nigeria there is no light in NEPA office.

People doing Glo sim registration uses MTN modem.

Startimes boss uses DSTV in his house.

University VC kids are in abroad.

Our president uses foreign hospital
That's not all,

Some Pastors have Alfas working for them; some Alfas are actually babalawo who can read Quran ��

Chairman of Okada Riders Association drives the latest jeep

NEPA Offices gives out Generators as Prizes to their best staff and Customers.
Immhotep ooooo grin grin grin
Cc sarrki Afamed Adaibeku
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by beejhay69: 12:49pm On May 23, 2019
mightyhaze:
how much is a live donkey
LOL IN HINDU.
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by Kingjames(m): 12:51pm On May 23, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

There is hunger and a dip in the standard of living in Nigeria. People will do anything just to have an equivalence of meat in their food. It is that bad.

Richdad
...and how I wish such RICHDAD would have gone through few pages of that evergreen book-RICH DAD POOR DAD....Rich Dad Poor Dad is a 1997 book written by
Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter . It advocates the importance of financial literacy (financial education), financial independence and building wealth through investing in assets, real estate investing , starting and owning businesses, as well as increasing one's
financial intelligence (financial IQ) to improve one's business and financial aptitude.
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by nsilordgmail(m): 1:00pm On May 23, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:
15 Billion grin grin

Make i start Donkey Business here in the Northeast

A Matured Donkey in Kala Balge or Gamboru no reach 70k. Na the skin of how many go come reach 15 billion.

This Country needs a special training on "Figures Management " grin wink
Please where is Kala Balge or Gamboru?
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 23, 2019
how did these fat jokers confirm that this is donkey skin?
moreover, when did domesticated donkeys become an endangered species?
what is it with these barely educated illterates
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by AnanseK(m): 1:18pm On May 23, 2019
Nigerians and pretence. Everybody knows that while in the north the donkey is used to carry loads, the Easterners transport Lorry loads of them from the north and even from Niger Republic back to the east and their southern neighborhood. They slaughter them and sell the meat as beef and have now found a market for the hides as gbommo.
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by AnanseK(m): 1:21pm On May 23, 2019
Only customs officer with the name Aliyu Mohammed can arrest this to enforce the law. Any other will take 2 million Naira as graft and allow passage. That’s why I support dividing the country.
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by AnanseK(m): 1:23pm On May 23, 2019
thelastorca:
how did these fat jokers confirm that this is donkey skin?
moreover, when did domesticated donkeys become an endangered species?
what is it with these barely educated illterates

You must be from those parts where donkey meat is a delicacy.
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by lobell: 1:41pm On May 23, 2019
Interesting.
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by Frankicent(m): 1:42pm On May 23, 2019
Most nairalander own is only to read news and talk rubbish. Later they will start crying for money.

Any start business oriented person would know this is a profitable business. Am not talking about exporting donkey skin I mean buying of donkey.

I did my research and found out full grown donkey are price for 80k or below. Imagine if you buy 20 or 10 for a start.

Maybe sell it to a part of Nigeria when it's highly needed you make X2 your money per 1 ooo..

Chai see better orientation for my head. Wish I have the money to invest ooo

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by Greizman: 1:43pm On May 23, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:
15 Billion grin grin

Make i start Donkey Business here in the Northeast

A Matured Donkey in Kala Balge or Gamboru no reach 70k. Na the skin of how many go come reach 15 billion.

This Country needs a special training on "Figures Management " grin wink
The skin is medicinal and is highly needed in China, Vietnam and other Asian countries. It is a multi billion dollar international business.
Just like cashew nuts... The fruit is worthless to the traders but the nuts are like gold.
Re: Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos by lobell: 1:49pm On May 23, 2019
isthatso:
The ponmo I know is from Cow. When did Cow become donkey? when did cows become protected species under threat of extinction?

You are the type that leaves the question the lecturer set in the examination, form your own question and then proceed to answer it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stray Bullet Kills 9-Year-Old Girl On Her Way To Islamic School In Kaduna / Explosion Rocks Drinking Joint In Kogi. 3 Feared Dead, Many Injured (Pictures) / 2 Arrested In Ogun For Scamming Nigerians With Dollar-Washing Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.