Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,731 members, 7,844,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Kogi Guber: Why Yahaya Bello Deserves Second Term – Senator-elect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Guber: Why Yahaya Bello Deserves Second Term – Senator-elect (890 Views)

EFCC: Why Yahaya Bello Can’t Evade Arrest, Prosecution — Falana / Anthony Edogbo: Why Yahaya Bello Should Be President (Video) / Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Guber: Why Yahaya Bello Deserves Second Term – Senator-elect by Ashleyeniwin(f): 12:08pm On May 23, 2019
Senator-elect of Kogi East Senatorial District, Alhaji Jibrin Isah, has backed the second term ambition of the state governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello.

According to the lawmaker-elect, he arrived at the decision after taking time to think about the welfare and progress of the people of his constituency and the entire Kogi people.

In a statement he personally signed yesterday, Isah said, “I am wholeheartedly endorsing the bid of my friend and brother, Yahaya Bello, for a second term in Office as Governor of Kogi State. I have taken a while to make this decision because the welfare and progress of the great people of my Kogi East Constituency and Kogi State as a whole lie in the balance.”

“I am a man who has poured his life into the pursuit of the overall best interests of my people and state. For many years, first as a professional, then as a businessman and lately as a politician, I have dedicated myself to achieving this objective.

“In the process, I have become intimately acquainted with the peculiarities of our state, the challenges of her people and the perfidies of her politicians.

“I have experienced firsthand the character and leadership of several past occupants of Government House, Lokoja and I can attest that Governor Yahaya Bello stands out for trustworthiness, forthrightness and commitment to good governance”.

The Senator-elect noted that he would rather have Governor Bello preside over the affairs of Kogi State for the next four years “than any of the other individuals who have shown interest in the job”.

He continued: “I admit that no society has ever found Plato’s Philosopher-King, that prototypical ruler who by a perfect blend of knowledge, intelligence, reliability and simplicity is the epitome of good governance. Leaders may emerge who display his ideal attributes to a lesser or a greater degree, but none can achieve his perfection.

“Governor Bello is no Philosopher-King, but I have observed that he possesses a sincere desire to lead well, a disposition to serve the people and the political will to take difficult decisions and follow through on them.

“His Excellency has shown great promise in his first term and I am convinced by his track record that he remains our best option towards a brighter future for our state from amongst those who present themselves and meet the legal requirements to run for the position of Governor of Kogi State.

“Governor Bello’s Economic Blueprint , which was unfolded during the last Kogi State Economic Summit is being pursued, resulting in various partnership arrangements, meant to harness the abundant natural resources, and equally revive some of the hitherto vibrant government enterprises, in the state , in order to create employment opportunities for all categories of Kogites.

“It is thus my considered opinion, after due consultations with my followers and stakeholders, that for the Kogi State Gubernatorial Elections in November, 2019 our incumbent Governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, remains the best candidate. We shall give him our unalloyed fidelity and strong support. I call on all lovers of our state to join me in this worthy endeavour,” he stated.

1 Share

Re: Kogi Guber: Why Yahaya Bello Deserves Second Term – Senator-elect by aolawale025: 1:25pm On May 23, 2019
In his view. Kogites know better
Re: Kogi Guber: Why Yahaya Bello Deserves Second Term – Senator-elect by F3dan: 2:53pm On May 23, 2019
Echocho is shooting himself in the foot, the goodwill he has enjoyed is deceiving him.

Meanwhile get this clean 2.5KVA Luitan generator.

Details in my signature.

DM for price.
Re: Kogi Guber: Why Yahaya Bello Deserves Second Term – Senator-elect by BuhariAdvocate: 3:01pm On May 23, 2019
shocked
Re: Kogi Guber: Why Yahaya Bello Deserves Second Term – Senator-elect by Ashleyeniwin(f): 3:02pm On May 23, 2019
aolawale025:
In his view. Kogites know better
Of course And his ready to do better than before
Re: Kogi Guber: Why Yahaya Bello Deserves Second Term – Senator-elect by Ashleyeniwin(f): 3:04pm On May 23, 2019
F3dan:
Echocho is shooting himself in the foot, the goodwill he has enjoyed is deceiving him.
No one is deceiving anybody , but because of the little he as done Gov Yahaya Bello deserve the second term
Re: Kogi Guber: Why Yahaya Bello Deserves Second Term – Senator-elect by F3dan: 3:38pm On May 23, 2019
Ashleyeniwin:
No one is deceiving anybody , but because of the little he as done Gov Yahaya Bello deserve the second term
I am a Kogite, which I believe you are too. Please kindly point out what the Governor has done in the past 3 years that deserves reelection.
Re: Kogi Guber: Why Yahaya Bello Deserves Second Term – Senator-elect by Ashleyeniwin(f): 4:04pm On May 23, 2019
F3dan:

I am a Kogite, which I believe you are too. Please kindly point out what the Governor has done in the past 3 years that deserves reelection.
124 ACHIEVEMENTS OF YAHAYA BELLO IN KOGI STATE

1. Reduction of ghost workers
2. Sanitation of civil service workers in the state
3. Democratic Humanist
4. Security Engagement
5. Payment of three months salary abandoned by his immediate predecessor
6. Epitome of power shift
7. Epitome of inconclusive electoral reform
8.Detribalised governor
9. unifier governor
10.Breaker of ethnic jingoism
11.Provision of 200 utility vehicles for security operation.
12. Freedom of expression in the state
13. Destruction of intelligence gathering at the detriment of criminals
14. Best governor in security programne
15. Restore confidence to local and foreign investors
16. Farmers are now more confident than ever before.
17. Father of new direction agenda
18. Youth Ambassador in governance

19. Purchased over 500 motor cycles as security outfits to reduce crimes

20. Construction of Army forward operation at different places in the state

21. Training of forest guards

22. Recruitment of thousands of vigilante Corps to enhance security

23. Provision of free Toll Lines to enhance good information

24. Creation of dialogue and cooperation platform for peace between the herdsmen and farmers.

25. Training of security personnel

26. Establishment of health plus prpgramme

27. Renovation, remodelling and reequipping 21 primary health centres in all the 21 local government.

28. Provision of free maternal and newborn health care services

29. Saving of 168 patients with life threatening issue

30. Procurement of assorted custonerized paediatric drugs for the state

31. Adoption of Clorhexidine gel for umbilical cord care

32. Prompt payment of counterpart fund to partners

33. Addressed the menace of quackery in the health profession

34. Enhanced the state sustainable Drug supply system

35. Unparalleled response to medical emergency situation

36. Introduction of PPP (Public Private Partnership onto the health sectors.

37. Having the likes of performing and hardworking aides as Asuku Jamiu, Abubakar Ohere, Abdulmalik Abdulkarim, Professor Ahmed Adam, etc in his government.

38. Establishment of Confluence Advance Medical Diagnostic and Imaging Centre ( CAMDIC)

39. Give facelift to the College of Nursing, Obangede

40. Renovation of Zonal hospital in Kabba (Kogi West), Idah ( Kogi East) and Okene (Kogi Central).

41. Construction of cottage hospital in Kpareke

42. Massive renovation and construction of new hostel and clinics at the School of Nursing Obangede,

42. Construction of administrative block at the School of Health Technology, Idah

43. Strengthening of the State Action Committee on HIV/AIDS

44.Established modality of workplace Diagnosis to prevent workplace Deaths as a result of unknown or lately discovered health condition

45. Unprecedented agricultural revolution in the state just as in the Agricultural Renaissance Policy of the Federal Government to ensure good security and promotion of non oil sector for economic transformation.

46. Encourage Youth to key into farming through orientation, sensitisation, mechanisation input subsidiary

47. Facilitating loans for farmers to encourage mechanization and improved production of food.

48. Clearing of 1000 hectares of land across the state which were allocated to youthful farmers with farm inputs and agric machines services.

49.. Procurement of 375 Fergus Tractors with complete implements, three quantities each for Mini Harvesters, Planters, Broom Sprayers, Rice Reapers and other similar equipment to enhance agricultural activities and boost production.

50. Procurement and assemblage of 1500 Tillers which were distributed to small scale farmers in 2017.

51. Along the value chains, Agriculture has created about 20,000 jobs for Kogites, thereby depopulating the unemployed demography in the state.

52.. Contributed in no small measure to the cultivation of 3000 hectares of rice and 5000 hectares of cassava in the state.

53. In order to bridge the gap in vegetable production using the advantage of the nodal location of the state, the State Government has established a state of the art greenhouse Farm at Osara to produce tomatoes and other vegetables.

54. Keying into the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Accelerated Agricultural Development Scheme (ADS) through payment of the State’s counterpart fund. the Ministry of Agriculture has constructed 500 fish ponds as a pilot scheme and have been handed over to over 1000 youth across the state to own and operate.

55. In a related development, over 300 youth will also be empowered in Akpata Ega in Idah Local Government where 400 ponds have already been constructed. This is being replicated in all the Senatorial Districts in the state. The main scheme is targeting 10,000 youth across the state.

56. In collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, the State Government took delivery and distributed 76btruck-load of inorganic fertilizer to farmers at a subsidized rate to boost soil fertility.

57. As the leading producer of Cassava in Nigeria and coupled with the guaranteed security of investors, Kogi State has been able to attract the biggest ethanol company in Nigeria known as Unicane. The company uses cassava as its main raw materials, thereby sparking massive production of the crop. Kogi farmers have never been richer.

58. The Federal Government must have seen the seriousness of the State Government in promoting agriculture when it nominated the latter as the pioneer state for the National Egg Production Scheme. 135 youth are empowered with N4.2 million each to support their poultry farms.

59. The Omi Dam success story is a massive testimony of the achievement of the Yahaya Bello-led administration in agriculture. The scheme is positioning the state as the rice detination of Nigeria. The State Government has also empowered hundreds of youth to grow rice in the riverine areas of the state.

60. Thousands of farmers across the state have benefitted from the Anchor Borrowers Scheme of the Federal Government.
Re: Kogi Guber: Why Yahaya Bello Deserves Second Term – Senator-elect by akin9ja78(m): 8:52am On Mar 18, 2020
Ashleyeniwin:
124 ACHIEVEMENTS OF YAHAYA BELLO IN KOGI STATE

1. Reduction of ghost workers
2. Sanitation of civil service workers in the state
3. Democratic Humanist
4. Security Engagement
5. Payment of three months salary abandoned by his immediate predecessor
6. Epitome of power shift
7. Epitome of inconclusive electoral reform
8.Detribalised governor
9. unifier governor
10.Breaker of ethnic jingoism
11.Provision of 200 utility vehicles for security operation.
12. Freedom of expression in the state
13. Destruction of intelligence gathering at the detriment of criminals
14. Best governor in security programne
15. Restore confidence to local and foreign investors
16. Farmers are now more confident than ever before.
17. Father of new direction agenda
18. Youth Ambassador in governance

19. Purchased over 500 motor cycles as security outfits to reduce crimes

20. Construction of Army forward operation at different places in the state

21. Training of forest guards

22. Recruitment of thousands of vigilante Corps to enhance security

23. Provision of free Toll Lines to enhance good information

24. Creation of dialogue and cooperation platform for peace between the herdsmen and farmers.

25. Training of security personnel

26. Establishment of health plus prpgramme

27. Renovation, remodelling and reequipping 21 primary health centres in all the 21 local government.

28. Provision of free maternal and newborn health care services

29. Saving of 168 patients with life threatening issue

30. Procurement of assorted custonerized paediatric drugs for the state

31. Adoption of Clorhexidine gel for umbilical cord care

32. Prompt payment of counterpart fund to partners

33. Addressed the menace of quackery in the health profession

34. Enhanced the state sustainable Drug supply system

35. Unparalleled response to medical emergency situation

36. Introduction of PPP (Public Private Partnership onto the health sectors.

37. Having the likes of performing and hardworking aides as Asuku Jamiu, Abubakar Ohere, Abdulmalik Abdulkarim, Professor Ahmed Adam, etc in his government.

38. Establishment of Confluence Advance Medical Diagnostic and Imaging Centre ( CAMDIC)

39. Give facelift to the College of Nursing, Obangede

40. Renovation of Zonal hospital in Kabba (Kogi West), Idah ( Kogi East) and Okene (Kogi Central).

41. Construction of cottage hospital in Kpareke

42. Massive renovation and construction of new hostel and clinics at the School of Nursing Obangede,

42. Construction of administrative block at the School of Health Technology, Idah

43. Strengthening of the State Action Committee on HIV/AIDS

44.Established modality of workplace Diagnosis to prevent workplace Deaths as a result of unknown or lately discovered health condition

45. Unprecedented agricultural revolution in the state just as in the Agricultural Renaissance Policy of the Federal Government to ensure good security and promotion of non oil sector for economic transformation.

46. Encourage Youth to key into farming through orientation, sensitisation, mechanisation input subsidiary

47. Facilitating loans for farmers to encourage mechanization and improved production of food.

48. Clearing of 1000 hectares of land across the state which were allocated to youthful farmers with farm inputs and agric machines services.

49.. Procurement of 375 Fergus Tractors with complete implements, three quantities each for Mini Harvesters, Planters, Broom Sprayers, Rice Reapers and other similar equipment to enhance agricultural activities and boost production.

50. Procurement and assemblage of 1500 Tillers which were distributed to small scale farmers in 2017.

51. Along the value chains, Agriculture has created about 20,000 jobs for Kogites, thereby depopulating the unemployed demography in the state.

52.. Contributed in no small measure to the cultivation of 3000 hectares of rice and 5000 hectares of cassava in the state.

53. In order to bridge the gap in vegetable production using the advantage of the nodal location of the state, the State Government has established a state of the art greenhouse Farm at Osara to produce tomatoes and other vegetables.

54. Keying into the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Accelerated Agricultural Development Scheme (ADS) through payment of the State’s counterpart fund. the Ministry of Agriculture has constructed 500 fish ponds as a pilot scheme and have been handed over to over 1000 youth across the state to own and operate.

55. In a related development, over 300 youth will also be empowered in Akpata Ega in Idah Local Government where 400 ponds have already been constructed. This is being replicated in all the Senatorial Districts in the state. The main scheme is targeting 10,000 youth across the state.

56. In collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, the State Government took delivery and distributed 76btruck-load of inorganic fertilizer to farmers at a subsidized rate to boost soil fertility.

57. As the leading producer of Cassava in Nigeria and coupled with the guaranteed security of investors, Kogi State has been able to attract the biggest ethanol company in Nigeria known as Unicane. The company uses cassava as its main raw materials, thereby sparking massive production of the crop. Kogi farmers have never been richer.

58. The Federal Government must have seen the seriousness of the State Government in promoting agriculture when it nominated the latter as the pioneer state for the National Egg Production Scheme. 135 youth are empowered with N4.2 million each to support their poultry farms.

59. The Omi Dam success story is a massive testimony of the achievement of the Yahaya Bello-led administration in agriculture. The scheme is positioning the state as the rice detination of Nigeria. The State Government has also empowered hundreds of youth to grow rice in the riverine areas of the state.

60. Thousands of farmers across the state have benefitted from the Anchor Borrowers Scheme of the Federal Government.

Taaaaaar! Walahi e no go better for you

(1) (Reply)

See Full List: Pdp Now Have 134 Members In The House Of Reps, Apc 210 / My Waec Certificate Can't Resolve Nigeria's Problem - Buhari Reply Appeal Court / Kwara Public School Students To Get Free Notebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.