Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

195 Nigerians Return⬅ From Libya, Recount Terrible Ordeal - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 195 Nigerians Return⬅ From Libya, Recount Terrible Ordeal (344 Views)

Air Peace: Allen Onyema Crying As Nigerians Return From South Africa / 187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others / 144 Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya Amid Slave Trade Crisis. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

195 Nigerians Return⬅ From Libya, Recount Terrible Ordeal by Softcash(m): 7:12pm On May 23, 2019
195 Nigerians Return⬅ From Libya, Recount Terrible Ordeal

The latest returnees numbering 195 consisting of adult males and females and toddlers, were returned to the country through the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos.

Mr. Idris Muhammed, the Coordinator of NEMA Territorial Office in Lagos, who received the Assisted Voluntary Returnees at the cargo wing of the airport disclosed that the returnees were the 69th batch brought back by the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) in special intervention programme to repatriate stranded irregular migrants trapped in Libya with funding by European Union.

He noted that if the returnees had used the huge amount of money spent on these journeys in Nigeria for a business, they would have been very successful in their endearvours.

He added: "Immediately I got the money and at the weekend, my boys and I wanted to take a break to relax, the militants picked us up, collected all the money in our possessions, but I was dragging it with.

It was then I was shot on the legs and dumped in dungeon where migrants are kept without medical treatment, but I was helped by other migrants inside the underground camp to remove the bullets in my legs and thanks be to God the wounds healed on it its own."

To read full article - http://v.duta.us/zi1VSwAA
Re: 195 Nigerians Return⬅ From Libya, Recount Terrible Ordeal by Amuocha: 7:12pm On May 23, 2019
Sai Buhari

(1) (Reply)

Container Falls On Multiple Vehicles In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) / Top Luxury Villas In Goa To Spend Your Holidays / Living In Sweden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.