Stats: 3,156,120 members, 7,828,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Most Anticipated Rap Albums - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Most Anticipated Rap Albums (1095 Views)

Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time / Top 8 Most Anticipated Rap Albums / Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts (2) (3) (4)

Most Anticipated Rap Albums by Mobinga: 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2010
The fourth quarter of 2010 is upon us and over the next few months, some of hip-hop’s most acclaimed acts will be dropping albums. The question is, who do we reallywant to hear?

Kanye West (Dark Twisted Fantasy, date TBD), Nicki Minaj (Pink Friday; Nov. 23rd), Kid Cudi (Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager; Nov 9th), and Soulja Boy (The TDeandre Way; November 2nd) are all dropping records. But then there are also projects coming just before the fourth quarter hits, like Young Jeezy’s TM103, Ice Cube’s I Am The West, Gucci Mane’s The Appeal, and newcomer Donnis’ Fashionably Late, among others, all due to hit retailers September 28th.

We spoke to a host of hip-hop music critics for what albums they’re anticipating before the end of the year. Not surprisingly, a few obvious mainstays topped their wish lists.

The Game's R.E.D. Album

"I think the constant push-backs have pulled him out of the conversation a bit," said Jake Paine- Editor in Chief at HipHopDX.com. "Game has been amazingly consistent in his three existing albums, despite controversy and setbacks, though I hope he's not as guest-heavy as he was on L.A.X. Truth be told, I haven't liked what I've heard leak thus far, but I think that Game is the best voice for Dr. Dre beats since Slim Shady recovered and Snoop Dogg started ego trippin'."

Kanye West's Dark Twisted Fantasy

"Kanye West by leaps and bounds because of the 'Can he do it again?' sentiment that's been surrounding him lately," said Alvin “Aqua Boogie” Blanco, freelance writer. "Actually, it's more like, 'Will he f--- this up?' I think "Power" is a great song but it's not the runaway smash he was probably banking on it being. "Runaway" won back some of his detractors—though they were probably never on his side to begin with—and with Cam'Ron throwing shots his way it looks like he's hitting all the key points needed in the run up to a major hip-hop release."

"‘Ye is perhaps the game's most passionate artist and after pushing the envelope on 808s & Heartbreak, you have to believe he is back with something to prove on this new joint," added XXL's Deputy Editor Rob Markman. "He's enlisted Rza, Q-Tip and Pete Rock to help with the production, that's a must-hear if there ever was one."

Nicki Minaj's Pink Friday

"I'm really interested to hear what [this album] will sound like," said Brian “B. Dot” Miller of Rapradar.com. "Aside from "Your Love" it still remains to be seen if she can hold her own for an entire album without it sounding like a mixtape."

"While I look forward to seeing who Nicki collaborates with and hearing her re-visit that raw flow she exhibited earlier in her career, the biggest anticipation I have for this album is how many units it sells," said Hot97 and Sirius/XM radio personality Dee Vazquez. "As unfair as it may be Nicki has to make an impressive debut in order to prove the female emcee is a viable investment."

Kid Cudi's Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager

"Even though Kanye's G.O.O.D. Music's marquee man, his recent leaks- "Runaway" and "Monster"- show that his current musical practices are more mortal than the superhuman nature we know him for," said Trent “TC” Clark, Managing Editor at SmokingSection.net. "Instead, I'd say the hints Kid Cudi has given us from Man On The Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager could be the infectious sing-a-long of the winter."

Clark wasn't the only Cudi fan.

"I'm sold off the audacity of the album title alone," Ernest Baker, Complex's Assistant Editor. "Like several polarizing rock stars before him, Kid Cudi is the spokesperson for this generation of cynical, lonely, heartbroken drug abusers and he knows it. The five songs that have leaked so far sound great, too."

Tyler's Wolf

"[He’s] the creator of LA's Odd Future collective who are quickly becoming the teenage skate punk equivalent to Wu Tang and Tyler is their RZA," said Andrew “Noz” Nosnitsky of cbrap.com. "His [beats] are built from sloppy and squashed Neptunes synths and his raps are like a half speed amalgamation of MF Doom, early Eminem and Lil B."

J. Cole's Cole World

"History shows that many of our current greats started their runs with their debut albums," said John Gotty of SmokingSection.net. "The one where they gave us their life's living and waiting crammed into a one shot deal to share who they are with the world. He seemed to go through an apprenticeship while on the road for The Blueprint 3 tour and didn't release much recorded material. In recent months, he's picked up the pace by releasing several notable freestyles and releasing "Who Dat" - presumably one of the album's singles - all of which have been noteworthy. And now that he's begun to add producing to his repertoire, the Faytettenam rookie is poised to make his mark in 2010's last quarter."

Gucci Mane's The Appeal

"I'm looking forward to Gucci's project but almost less for how it sounds and more for how it's received," said Benjamin Meadows-Ingram, Senior Editor at XXL. "Soulja Boy gets more and more interesting with every release so I'm looking forward to seeing how that project plays for him. Lil Boosie’s a great, underrated rapper who's in jail, and that sucks. It will be great to hear new material from him but it will only serve as a reminder of what could have been if he'd been free this whole past year and able to put in even more work. I’m looking forward to the Webbie album as well. He talks slick and his beats bang."
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by hax: 1:59am On Sep 27, 2010
Nope. I'm not interested in Gucci Mane's album.

And I've lost interest in The Game too.

I haven't been feeling Kanye's stuff like that recently.

Nicki Minaj? I just want to see what she can do. Not like I'm hoping it will be good. If it's bad, I want to know how bad it is. lol

And of course, J. Cole? Been waiting for the album for 2 years now. . . Hope it's not pop!
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by bjmighty(m): 2:10am On Sep 27, 2010
My most anticipated is Game - Red Album. Just the Red Room and Breaklight mixtape almost damaged my ear drum. Game is mad in delivery. Damn! I love those style switching. Its BlackWall Streetz mahhn!
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by Genuflect(m): 4:31am On Sep 27, 2010
The Game's R.E.D Album, kanYe West's Dark Twisted Fantasy and J. Cole's Cole World #Period
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by Fred87(m): 9:28am On Sep 27, 2010
1.R.E.D for sure,2.COLE WORLD.Game nd j.cole in anticipation 4reala eeeezz
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by seunallday: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2010
J.Cole's album is no longer titled Cole World, its now untitled, dude has a mixtape coming up in october.

True fans should also be on the look out for jay Electronica's mixtape caled act 2: patent of nobility and ceelo green's album called the lady killers, the latter is not a rap album but people know ceelo and love good music will appreciate these two records.
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by tboy1(m): 4:32pm On Sep 27, 2010
J. Cole's Cole World
The Warm Up is one of the must have rap mixtapes. . . He reminds me of Drake but the less commercial version. . .  I'm looking forward to his Album

Nicki Minaj's Pink Friday
When i first heard her kill Biggie's Warning beat, i thought she was fire. . .  then she started the silly voice and went super commercial - Thats when i lost interest in her. If Nicki comes back with the kinda tracks on Its Barbie B*tch [/i]or [i]Step Your P*ssy Up Mixtapes then i'll have to check the album out

Gucci Mane's The Appeal
I have to raise my hand and say i'm a Big Gucci fan . . . Got ALL his Mixtapes and albums[Thats a lot of tracks] So my no1 in this whole list has to be Gucci [even though i annoy everyone else when i'm listening to his songs] [i]The State Vs Radric Davis [/i]was weak IMO so i hope he does better on this Album. For some reason his Mixtapes are always way better than his Albums . . . hope its the other way around this time

Kanye West's Dark Twisted Fantasy - Not Bothered
The Game's R.E.D. Album- - Not Bothered
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by bjmighty(m): 5:21pm On Sep 27, 2010
^^^ Yeah man! I been hearing a lot about Gucci maine lately but seriously i have never sat down to listen to him, not even sure if i know 1 of his tracks undecided Well, is he one of those rappers that flow on all this garbage call it south side or crunk beat (Those beats annoy me embarassed) U know all this Wacka flacka, soulja boy, lil boosie small pikin style of rap with no lyrical dexterity. Damn! I hate those styles, those styles are killing hip hop for me. If Gucci maine rides on strictly sick "Hip Hop beat" i might have to scoop his discography sharp sharp! Abeg, update me tboy
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by DBR: 7:48pm On Sep 27, 2010
Straight J.Cole!!!
And yep, the album aint title cole world no more. .
The only thing he got in common wit Drake is that they both light skinned.
Dont even compare them, pls. . Cole far >>drake and so different.

Then RED and Twisted Fantasy. .and f'course Pink friday!
Finna be a good year! grin

oNe
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by mykali(m): 2:23am On Sep 28, 2010
Even if DTF is wack. . .i'm still gonna go for it. 'Ye is like a rap model to me.

Would like to listes to what Game has to say on R.E.D

And J.Cole, whatever tha album is called, haven't heard much of him but i've heard is so damn good.

Nicki Minaj sounds demented. . .no way
Gucci Mayne. . .aint that the guy who rapped in that Mariah Carey song to Em.? Yuck!!!
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by aieromon(m): 8:08am On Sep 28, 2010
Detox,then i quit hiphop for good.
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by DBR: 10:17am On Sep 28, 2010
aieromon:

Detox,then i quit hiphop for good.
Dude, better not hold ur breath on this one.

oNe
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by oyeakd(m): 10:32am On Sep 28, 2010
Kanye should slay on dis new album , few tracks i've heard are quite gud

Nicki's been disappointing so far , no way as gud as when she's featuring on other people's tracks

J Cole , A Star is BORN

Game, i hope doesnt disappoint on this one

Looking forward to these albums as well

Lloyd Banks - The Hunger for More 2
features from kanye, stylesP, ryan leslie, swizz, fab, jeremih, raekwon, yayo, chris brown & fiddy himself
Wow!
It drops Nov 23

Nas - I'm the Shit 180(Mixtape)
i think its out already was meant 2 drop dis sept

Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops & Hooligans
October 5, 2010
Not rap , but i fuxx wit it

Naughty By Nature - Garden State Greats (Mixtape)
Dropped in Sept

Kid Cudi - Man On The Moon II: The Legend Of Mr. Rager
November 9, 2010
Hope it's as fresh as d 1st
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by DBR: 10:37am On Sep 28, 2010
Any update on YOUNG CHRIS
so slept on angry tho he one on ma fav rappers!

oNe
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by bjmighty(m): 11:48am On Sep 28, 2010
oyeakd:

Kanye should slay on dis new album , few tracks i've heard are quite gud

Nicki's been disappointing so far , no way as gud as when she's featuring on other people's tracks

J Cole , A Star is BORN

Game, i hope doesnt disappoint on this one

Looking forward to these albums as well

Lloyd Banks - The Hunger for More 2
features from kanye, stylesP, ryan leslie, swizz, fab, jeremih, raekwon, yayo, chris brown & fiddy himself
Wow!
It drops Nov 23

Nas - I'm the poo 180(Mixtape)
i think its out already was meant 2 drop dis sept

Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops & Hooligans
October 5, 2010
Not rap , but i fuxx wit it

Naughty By Nature - Garden State Greats (Mixtape)
Dropped in Sept

Kid Cudi - Man On The Moon II: The Legend Of Mr. Rager
November 9, 2010
Hope it's as fresh as d 1st

Yeah! I'll wann see if NBN still got it. They rocked back then
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by tboy1(m): 12:25pm On Sep 28, 2010
bjmighty:

^^^ Yeah man! I been hearing a lot about Gucci maine lately but seriously i have never sat down to listen to him, not even sure if i know 1 of his tracks undecided Well, is he one of those rappers that flow on all this garbage call it south side or crunk beat (Those beats annoy me embarassed) U know all this Wacka flacka, soulja boy, lil boosie small pikin style of rap with no lyrical dexterity. Damn! I hate those styles, those styles are killing hip hop for me. If Gucci maine rides on strictly sick "Hip Hop beat" i might have to scoop his discography sharp sharp! Abeg, update me tboy

Lol . .  Gucci is way better than those non-lyrical rappers
You either like him or Dont  . . . check out his mixtapes [He's got more than 30 mixtapes so far i think . . . ]

The main album i'm waiting for is Jeezy's Thug Motivation 103  cool
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2010
Until Nicki Minaj drops that barbie steez the only thing i'll be interested in is her fake azz implants.

I'm definitely coping Kanye west and The Games' albums.
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by Mobinga: 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2010
^^^ Heard she's releasing a bonus sextape along side the album
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by bjmighty(m): 1:32pm On Sep 28, 2010
Mobinga:

Chai! Nairaland. I hail ooo grin grin
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by tboy1(m): 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2010
Mobinga:

Album Pre-Ordered grin grin grin
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 28, 2010
Mobinga:

LMAO
o boy, you don kolo
I still no dey interested

[size=3pt]o boy, where i fit find the tape abeg[/size]
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by Mobinga: 8:52am On Sep 29, 2010
If she can do something like that she'll become the highest selling artist this decade tongue tongue. . .
I'll still get the album with or without
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by McCoy91(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2010
Sad, it seems like am the only KiDCuDi fan. Man On The Moon II: Legend Of Mr Rager before all others. Then Hunger For More 2.
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by Mobinga: 8:43am On Oct 03, 2010
Kid Cudi's type and style of rap is not what much people would like. . . Sadly, Man on the Moon wasn't just good sad
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by lapazarian: 12:22pm On Oct 03, 2010
I can't take Kid Cudi seriously; he's just a stoner that sings whenever he is high.

I already wrote off Niki Minaj long ago; every time some artist starts a label they always sign on some chick that never really makes it; Jay-Z had Amil, 50 Cent had Olivia. Only Eve and lil Kim could truly represent!

Kanye will do well just because of the hype and curiosity + the guy is actually talented even though he can't get off his 10 year ego trip.

Lloyd banks? Dude can't rap!

NAS is talented but never fails to bore me! Jay-Z was right; he only had 1 good album!

The Game will definitely rock

Gucci Mane Nigga please!

As for J-Cole; I just hope all the hype wont choke him. So far so good for the young rapper!
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by hax: 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2010
kid cudi fxcking sucks. who signs all these people? perhaps the men on the moon appreciate that cr-ap.

and lapazarian, give lloyd banks some credit. he can spit. i've all but given up on The Game.

and i'm confident that Nas will make Lost Tapes 2 almost as good as the original. i hope. *prays*

and of course, before i forget, put gucci mane in the cudi category. grin
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by aieromon(m): 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2010
Detox,please.As for J.Cole,berra tell him to go read up on The Drake Chronicles.
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by bjmighty(m): 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2010
hax:

kid cudi fxcking sucks. who signs all these people? perhaps the men on the moon appreciate that cr-ap.

and lapazarian, give lloyd banks some credit. he can spit. i've all but given up on The Game.

and i'm confident that Nas will make Lost Tapes 2 almost as good as the original. i hope. *prays*

and of course, before i forget, put gucci mane in the cudi category. grin

Hey bro. Game still got it in the game. You missing something?
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by chiogo(f): 9:26pm On Oct 03, 2010
J. Cole's Cole World or whatever the title is now. Oh and I love Nicki grin so yea, will be checking out Pink Friday(?).

The Game, wasn't he supposed to retire or something?
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by Genuflect(m): 8:05am On Oct 04, 2010
lapazarian:

I can't take Kid Cudi seriously; he's just a stoner that sings whenever he is high.

I already wrote off Niki Minaj long ago; every time some artist starts a label they always sign on some chick that never really makes it; Jay-Z had Amil, 50 Cent had Olivia. Only Eve and lil Kim could truly represent!

Kanye will do well just because of the hype and curiosity + the guy is actually talented even though he can't get off his 10 year ego trip.

Lloyd banks? Dude can't rap!

NAS is talented but never fails to bore me! Jay-Z was right; he only had 1 good album!

The Game will definitely rock

Gucci Mane Nigga please!

As for J-Cole; I just hope all the hype wont choke him. So far so good for the young rapper!

O_o What
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by Fred87(m): 9:17am On Oct 04, 2010
@lapazarian.were u ever expectin jay to tell dat all of nas records are classics?plz seek other reference. Game still gat alot to offer.j.cole hope d hype wont reduce his output nd nas no word.eeeezz
Re: Most Anticipated Rap Albums by medjai(m): 4:35pm On Oct 04, 2010
Lasers- Lupe Fiasco. It was originally titled L.U.P.End and was supposed to be his third and final album but his label somehow got him to do a couple more stuff. He recently dropped a BMF freestyle titled 'Building Minds Faster' and its hot.
Kanye-DTF. I didnt know until now that it was no more titled Good backside job. Ye beyond his rapping makes good music
I'm not really into JCole and these new rappers but he had a good verse on Reflection Eternal's 'Just Begun'. I might give it a try.
Waiting on Jay Electronica too. I've been feeling him ever since I listened to 'Exhibit C'

This Is For The Arewas- (tolu- Arewa) / Alert: Remember This Name Ooo! Cos It Will Be All You'll Be Seeing Soon! / CEE Visionz World Campus Cypher

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57