Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Just In: ASUU Threatens Fresh Strike, Says Buhari’s Government To Be Blamed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Just In: ASUU Threatens Fresh Strike, Says Buhari’s Government To Be Blamed (377 Views)

ASUU To Embark On Fresh Strike / Crack In ASUU As Members Want End To Strike / ASUU Threatens To Go On Strike, Says FG Is Reluctant To Implement The 2019 Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just In: ASUU Threatens Fresh Strike, Says Buhari’s Government To Be Blamed by D0ubleMan: 6:55am On May 24, 2019
- Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) have threatened to embark on another strike

- ASUU said the federal government have failed to keep its own side of the bargain on the 2019 Memorandum of Action

- According to the union, the money meant to be a part-payment of the Earned Academic Allowances is yet to be released by the FG

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) on Thursday, May 23, threatened embark on another strike over federal government failure to keep its own side of the bargain on the 2019 Memorandum of Action.

ASUU's national president, Biodun Ogunyemi, while speaking in Abuja said the N25 billion which the federal government, through the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, said it had approved for the union was meant to be a part-payment of the Earned Academic Allowances is yet to be released.

According to Ogunyemi, the money was supposed to have been e been released in February.

Vanguard reports that President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration clearly lacks the academic disposition and humility needed to undertake the task of negotiation with the body for a better learning environment.

Ogunyemi said: “Since information on the amounts mentioned in the media went round, the ASUU has been inundated with enquiries on the union’s perspective to the story.

“Funding for the revitalisation of public universities has for years been of very high priority to ASUU.

“Reaching an agreement with the Federal Government has often been a frustrating journey for our union. It is often marked with protests, strikes and requires a conscious and focused engagement," Ogunyemi said.

Ogunyemi called on all Nigerians, parents and students including the Nigeria Labour Congress to prevail on the government to keep to the terms of our agreement.

He said: “The current leadership of the government team clearly lacks...

Read the full story here

https://www.doublemanonline.com.ng/2019/05/just-in-ASUU-threatens-fresh-strike
Re: Just In: ASUU Threatens Fresh Strike, Says Buhari’s Government To Be Blamed by donbachi(m): 7:20am On May 24, 2019
Untill the federal government starts keeping to their own side of the bargains(implementation).ASUU will continue to go on strikes.
Re: Just In: ASUU Threatens Fresh Strike, Says Buhari’s Government To Be Blamed by kachi19: 7:22am On May 24, 2019
They should wait till next month

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just In: ASUU Threatens Fresh Strike, Says Buhari’s Government To Be Blamed by CalabarPikin: 7:34am On May 24, 2019
- Meanwhile the little change ASUU is looking for was spent in just a day to buy arms for youths that should be in school for their selfish desires during elections.....

I was interacting with my boss from Ghana last year he said somtin dat cause shame to catch me till now....

".......I heard you people use 10years for studying in higher institution......."

After saying that, I couldn't feel d presence of my small brother (joy stick) for 5mins......

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Born Doctor Wins Brain Tumour Research Award In U.S / Team Work And Organizational Performance Of University Of Port Harcourt Teaching / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.