Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: (36978 Views)

Husband’s Comment: I Never Compromised My Office - Rtd Justice Bulkachuwa / See What Buhari Told Court About Justice Bulkachuwa Before She Stepped Down / PDP Asks Justice Bulkachuwa To Recuse Selffrom Presidential Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by dre11(m): 6:32pm On May 24, 2019
Two days ago, the president of the Court of Appeal, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa, recused herself from the presidential election petition tribunal after the opposition PDP raised the issue of her husband’s membership of the ruling APC.
LEADERSHIP Friday serves our readers the judges whose spouses are known politicians

Justice Mary Odili

Justice Odili is another well known judge owing to her politician husband, the former governor of River State, Dr Peter Odili who was a presidential aspirant of the then ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). She is a justice of the country’s apex court, the Supreme Court. She rose to the Supreme Court bench shortly her husband left office.

While her husband governed the state between 1999-2007, she was the first lady of the state. Already a judge at that time, she combined the two responsibilities. While many of former Governor Odili’s counterparts have served, or are serving, jail time for corrupt practices while in office – like the late Dieprieye Alamieyeseigha (Bayelsa), James Ibori (Delta), Jolly Nyame (Taraba), and Joshua Dariye – and others are still facing trial by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), like Chimaroke Nnamani (Enugu), Orji Uzo Kalu (Abia) ,a court granted Odili perpetual injunction against trial. That order has yet to be vacated to allow Odili account for his eight-year stewardship of Rivers State.

Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa

Justice Bulkachuwa is the president of the Court of Appeal (PSA). She is married to an APC senator-elect in Bauch State, Alhaji Adamu Bulkachuwa. In Justice Bulkachuwa’s capacity as PSA, she has the responsibility of constituting and chairing the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal which is currently hearing the challenge of the opposition PDP candidate, Atiku Abubakar, to President Muhammadu Buhari’s victory in last general election. The PDP last week asked the Appeal Court president to recuse herself from the presidential election tribunal due to conflict of interest, alleging that since her husband is a senator-elect on the APC platform, she may not be impartial in the adjudication of the case brought by the PDP.

The call by the PDP dominated political arguments over the last two weeks with divergent opinions. However, two days ago she withdrew from the tribunal, citing personal reasons despite the fact that the five-panel panel of the tribunal unanimously dismissed PDP’s application for her to step aside.

Justice Fati Lami Abubakar

Justice Abubakar is the wife of Nigeria’s military head of state, Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar (rtd), who assumed office after the death of Gen. Sani Abacha in 1998. After her stint as the First Lady of Nigeria from June 1998 to May 1999 when her husband handed over to the democratically elected President Olusesegun Obasanjo on May 29, 2019, Justice Abubakar was the Chief Judge of Niger State from 2013 to 2016.

Justice Binta Nyako

Justice Nyako is one of the most notable female justices whose name rings a bell in Nigeria. She is married to a former governor of Adamawa State, Murtala Nyako, a former chief of naval staff who governed the state between 2007 and 2015. As the time he was voted in as a governor, his wife Justice Nyako, who is the third in command at the Federal High Court, was already serving as a judge. Justice Nyako’s husband, a former naval chief, is currently standing trial before Justice Okon Abang at the Federal High Court in Abuja.

Justice Eberechi Wike

Justice Wike is married to the incumbent governor of Rivers State, Chief Nyesom Wike. Before her husband became a governor, he had been a local government chairman and chief of staff to then Governor Rotimi Amaechi, his now estranged former boss, who appointed Justice Wike a judge of the River State High Court in 2012. Governor Wike was also a minister of state for education under the Jonathan administration.

Justice Maryann Anenih

Justice Anenih is the youngest of the three wives of Chief Anthony Anenih, former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party Board of Trustees (BOT), better known in political circles as Mr. Fix-It. She is a judge at the Federal Capital Territory High Court and daughter of a local government chairman in Edo State. She has been involved in some political matters that had to do with the PDP when the former ruling party was in power.

Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme

Justice (Dr.) Chioma Nwosu-Iheme is a judge of the Court of Appeal. She is a Ph.D holder and first female judge in Nigeria to read Law up to this level in the field of ‘Law of Intellectual Property’. She is married to Chief Uzoma Nwosu-Iheme, a former Commissioner for Public Utilities and Rural Development, and Commissioner for Education in Imo State.

Justice Jumoke Pedro

Justice Pedro is a judge of the Lagos State High Court. She is married to Femi Pedro, a former Lagos State deputy governor. Before he became a deputy governor, he was a part-owner and the chief executive officer of defunct First Atlantic Bank, which later metamorphosed to FinBank

Read More at: https://leadership.ng/2019/05/24/justice-bulkachuwa-and-other-judges-married-to-politicians/

Lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by obi4eze(m): 7:33pm On May 24, 2019
angry

That Wike's wife is a fine woman o!

15 Likes

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by JasonScoolari: 7:35pm On May 24, 2019
Dear Lord,

Any useless demon sitting on my case to mock me, just like the way one Justice Zainab Bulkachwa wanted to sit on Atiku's case, let that demon RECUSED his/her self by the fire of the Holy Ghost.

Amen.

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by buharitill2023: 7:52pm On May 24, 2019
How can this country ever move forward, where politicians spouse become judges to the politicians

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by kingphilip(m): 8:04pm On May 24, 2019
A court granted Odili perpetual injunction against trial. That order has yet to be vacated to allow Odili account for his eight-year stewardship of Rivers State.

Perpetual what

Nigeria politicians na waaa o

As if the perpetual injunction go de valid when him go de give account before God.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by Bethel4Life(f): 8:05pm On May 24, 2019
Pls don't listen to the zoneb below
Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by Built2last: 8:13pm On May 24, 2019
Politics is the biggest business in naija

2 Likes

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by chriskosherbal(m): 8:20pm On May 24, 2019
buharitill2023:
How can this country ever move forward, where politicians spouse become judges to the politicians
I agreed with you hear .

3 Likes

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by respect80(m): 8:49pm On May 24, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Dear Lord,

Any useless demon sitting on my case to mock me, just like the way one Justice Zainab Bulkachwa wanted to sit on Atiku's case, let that demon RESCUED his/her self by the fire of the Holy Ghost.

Amen.

"RECUSE" u meant.

Amen btw...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by JasonScoolari: 8:53pm On May 24, 2019
respect80:

"RECUSE" u meant.

Amen btw...
Yeah Bro, a typographical error.

Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by respect80(m): 8:55pm On May 24, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Yeah Bro, a typographical error.

Thanks.
U wlc

2 Likes

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by helinues: 8:56pm On May 24, 2019
Padi padi things.

That is to say there appointments was not based on merits..

1 Like

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by rexwalters: 9:03pm On May 24, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Dear Lord,

Any useless demon sitting on my case to mock me, just like the way one Justice Zainab Bulkachwa wanted to sit on Atiku's case, let that demon RECUSED his/her self by the fire of the Holy Ghost.

Amen.
Atiku is a goner.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by rexwalters: 9:08pm On May 24, 2019
helinues:
Padi padi things.

That is to say there appointments was not based on merits..
It is like that everywhere in the world,one must have a comparable advantage,go figure out why Donald Trump is appointing only conservative judges to the Supreme Court.

2 Likes

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by chukwuibuipob: 9:34pm On May 24, 2019
cry cry sad cry cry cry sad sad sad cry cry cry sad sad i'm down and sad ova HUNGERBAD Untimely journey. May His soul RIP. Kai!

2 Likes

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by kaen1317: 9:35pm On May 24, 2019
Atiku should just go home and prepare for 2023. Buhari is no pushover. Buhari is not GEJ

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 24, 2019
Justice Fati Lami Abubakar

Justice Abubakar is the wife of Nigeria’s military head of state, Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar (rtd), who assumed office after the death of Gen. Sani Abacha in 1998. After her stint as the First Lady of Nigeria from June 1998 to May 1999 when her husband handed over to the democratically elected President Olusesegun Obasanjo on May 29, 2019, Justice Abubakar was the Chief Judge of Niger State from 2013 to 2016

Actually, Justice Abubakar's hubby has not been involved in politics...so technically speaking she don't belong on the list.

2 Likes

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 24, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Dear Lord,

Amen.
A typical Delta prayer.
Don't ask me how I know, I'm from there.
Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by Yameater(m): 9:43pm On May 24, 2019
buharitill2023:

I no follow talk ooooo
Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by Stalwert: 9:49pm On May 24, 2019
The hypocrisy of PDP knows no bounds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by Debaiz: 9:52pm On May 24, 2019
Giid
Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by landmark86: 9:54pm On May 24, 2019
What of Justice Toyin Saraki
She married to Senator Yokuro-ninu-ola Saraki.

1 Like

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by michoim(m): 9:57pm On May 24, 2019
Justice Mary Odilli must not be among the judges when the presidential election case gets to the Supreme court. She had been very biased in favour of PDP...

4 Likes

Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by amajato: 9:58pm On May 24, 2019
BabaIbo:

Can I ask you few questions?
ask your question here on drop them in the mail
Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by BabaIbo: 10:06pm On May 24, 2019
amajato:
ask your question here on drop them in the mail

Same mail?
Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by amajato: 10:10pm On May 24, 2019
BabaIbo:

Same mail?
Yea
Re: Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: by amajato: 10:11pm On May 24, 2019
BabaIbo:

Same mail?

Can you give me a clue what the pay is like?

The applicant resides in Lagos
If the person is an English or linguistic graduate fine. If otherwise don't bother

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison / Gumsu Abacha Shares Photos Of Her Brothers / APC Carrying Out Horrible Protests In Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.