Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

5 Ways To Avoid Hard Water Stain On Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Ways To Avoid Hard Water Stain On Your Car (1504 Views)

Hard Water Spots On Car Window / 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. / You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Avoid Hard Water Stain On Your Car by Godspower35(m): 7:08pm On May 24, 2019
Each type of water contains minerals like magnesium and calcium. Hard water stains appear on your car as the water leaves traces of these minerals when it dries. If you continue to allow it, the minerals, along with other dirt and debris, affect the finish and overall finish of your car. However, you can take action to avoid this problem. Here are some tips on how to prevent hard water from damaging your car.

Always wipe the car dry when it gets wet

The easiest and most effective way to avoid water stains is to wipe the car dry after a wash, rain or any time it gets wet. Use old towels and microfiber
cloths to wipe off the water and do this every time after washing the rinse. Be sure to dry the painted surfaces, chrome and plastic parts of the car like the bumper. Go through each part several times to avoid leaving any water streaks, as these can also leave residues on the vehicle surface.

Keep the car protected from rain

Many people believe that a rain shower will wash off the dirt from the car. However, rain and other groundwater sources may contain more minerals than tap water and other contaminants, increasing the likelihood of spotting. Etching "the paint job. During etching, minerals or foreign bodies get under the paint and cause small scratches on the unprotected parts of the vehicle surface. If possible, stop your car in the garage in case of rain and keep it away from sprinklers or other sources of water.

Keep the car protected from extreme sunlight

High temperatures can accelerate the formation of corrosive water stains, as the sun burns off the water more quickly and only the residue remains. The more the stains are baked, the harder it is to remove them. (It is not recommended to have your car roasted in the sun at all times - even if you do not intend to wash it.) Never wash your car in high heat or sun, and wait until late afternoon or instead early morning, when the sun's rays are not so strong. Imagine painting the car like your own skin. The more it stays exposed, the greater the damage.

Use vinegar wash to remove water stains

Instead of spending a lot of money on fancy water stain removers, you should use white vinegar as the main solution for removing water stains. Vinegar, which should not be used as a car soap, lowers the pH of hard water and removes stubborn water stains that have dried. After washing and drying your car with a suitable car soap, mix equal parts of vinegar with water (distilled water is recommended as it does not contain as many minerals as normal tap water) and wipe the whole car with a sponge or mainly at Water points off. Then, if possible, rinse thoroughly with distilled water and then wipe dry with micro-fiber cloths. Keep in mind that vinegar also removes wax or sealant, so you need to re-apply this protective layer after drying.

Use a clay detailing bar to remove minor traces of etching

Vinegar removes water spots very well, but if they are too long, you may notice your car is suffering from causticization. If water marks etch the paint, you'll need to do a small damage control, and a great product to correct for this is a clay detailing bar. Firstly, wash the area with vinegar or soap and dry the surface. Then grease the surface with a preferred wax product and rub the clay in the affected area. Polish with a microfiber cloth until you are satisfied with the result. Follow the instructions of this product carefully and use it only if the etching traces are slight.
[img]https://1.bp..com/-90a90ute-rM/XOguaqPLGZI/AAAAAAAACQk/uNC97Wf760I73dNEjbDh_u6_Y9BUqvmYACLcBGAs/s320/water%2Bstain.jpg[/img]
http://www.eliancars.com/2019/05/5-ways-to-avoid-hard-water-stain-on.html

cc : Lalasticlala, Marpol

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Hard Water Stain On Your Car by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 24, 2019
What about I remove the car from ground patapata

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Hard Water Stain On Your Car by chii8(f): 7:48pm On May 24, 2019
Wilyaamx:

Lol...somebody is giving you tips on how to protect your car and you're here misbehaving.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Hard Water Stain On Your Car by keithonroll: 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
The best to avoid the stains on the cars is to use only soft water while washing it. Water Softeners make the job easy by using chemical treatment to turn hard water into soft which can eventually be used to wash the car. This way, the minerals present in the hard water don't stick to the car's paint.
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Hard Water Stain On Your Car by Thewrath(m): 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2019
From my experience,this hardly happens to cars with first body.
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Hard Water Stain On Your Car by alstacs(m): 7:15am On Feb 09, 2020
keithonroll:
The best to avoid the stains on the cars is to use only soft water while washing it. Water Softeners make the job easy by using chemical treatment to turn hard water into soft which can eventually be used to wash the car. This way, the minerals present in the hard water don't stick to the car's paint.

I have got some questions here.
1. It may be impossible to get soft water for the ouspose of washing car specifically, so what happens?

2. Damage control woth vinegar, doesn't it damage the paint of the car?

I am this issue presently, even the windscreen and windows of my car is stained..
Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Hard Water Stain On Your Car by alstacs(m): 7:15am On Feb 09, 2020
Wilyaamx:

Sound more like the only option available to me too oh. Lol

(1) (Reply)

Taking Delivery Of Your Car From The Ports. FX35 SUDDEN OVERHEATING / Toyota Camry 2008 / 2020 BMW 7-series Debuts With Massive Kidney Grille And A Tech Filled Interior

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.