Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Light And Darkness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Light And Darkness (334 Views)

Truth, Light And Bread Ministries / The Physical Concept Between The Light And Darkness / Third Eye: How To Activate Your Third Eye Through Darkness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Light And Darkness by pressplay411(m): 10:40pm On May 24, 2019
I've come to realise that we are individually multifaceted.
We are simply vessels.
Same person can be an agent of light and at the same time an agent of darkness.
When God needs to speak, he uses man. When the devil also needs to speak, he also uses man.
I could give you a godly advice. I could also in the next hour give you a selfish ungodly advice.
I could be a respecter of God in the church and also be an ambassador of the devil at the club or even at home. The same person who is awe-inspiring when she steps on the pulpit to minister is sexually sinister after service. Even the pastor who preaches and heaven comes down is suddenly a beast when it comes to matters of finance.

What then?
There are many wolves in sheep clothing and many sheep in wolves clothing.
Unfortunately, even several false prophets would have repented if only they knew they were false prophets.
It shouldn't shock you that you're a prophet too (at least potentially).

It is a fearful thing not to fear God.
Only He sees the heart/motive/intention/thoughts of man, and He deals with us according to the state of our hearts.

In summary, we all need to be sensitive to know who is using our vessel at every moment- God or the devil?

We also need discernment when we listen to people to know who is speaking through them- God or the devil?

Grace to be the Light always, I pray for us all in this world of extensive and encroaching darkness.
Just a photon of light does wonders but it needs to grow and shine to obliterate darkness, no matter its thickness.
Be The Light, always.
Re: Light And Darkness by pressplay411(m): 10:45pm On May 24, 2019
Matthew 16:22-23
Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!”
But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

Fearful. Christ didn't see him as Peter in that moment, He discerned and rebuked him as Satan. The same Peter who had just discerned Him as the Christ and whom he blessed as the Rock upon whom the Church would be built.

Be Sensitive.
Re: Light And Darkness by CodeTemplar: 3:49am On May 25, 2019
A Satan is simply an adversary.
Devil is the chief Satan but man too can be out of ignorance.
The analogy of light and darkness is like that of an empty and filled glass or jar.
Have you ever come across a bulb that generates darkness? No. Darkness is just an absence of light. According to the scriptures, we are the light of the world set on a high hill, and the darkness of the world, to me, is partly due to lack of light in those chosen to be the light of the world.

1 Like

Re: Light And Darkness by Nobody: 5:14am On May 25, 2019
The proof of light is in the shining and illumination of a place.

There's no such thing as an imaginary light, for that's what today's church really is, hence it inability to serve the purpose of light in a dark world and give her light.

So darkness abounds because the church which ought to be the light of the world, has now become part of the darkness of the world.

1 Like

Re: Light And Darkness by pressplay411(m): 6:56am On May 25, 2019
jesusjnr:

There's no such thing as an imaginary light, for that's what today's church really is, hence it inability to serve the purpose of light in a dark world and give her light.

So darkness abounds because the church which ought to be the light of the world, has now become part of the darkness of the world.

Who is the church?
-You and I individually, as well as the assembly of faithfuls. We all have work to do.
God help us and give us Grace.

The revelation I received concerning the state of the church is in the prayer of the harvest that our Lord committed us to pray. That the Lord of the harvest may send his labourers unto the harvest.
Unfortunately, we have many labourers but very few are the Lord's.

So many were driven into ministry because they failed in business and saw church as a business. Some just wanted Power.
Only very few labourers are truly enburdened like Christ for the souls of the harvest.

I thank God for the revival of our time. I believe our generation will right a lot of wrongs and shut the gates of hades.
The Spirit and Zeal of Our Lord will perform this.
So help us God.
Re: Light And Darkness by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
pressplay411:

Who is the church?
-You and I individually, as well as the assembly of faithfuls. We all have work to do.
God help us and give us Grace.

The revelation I received concerning the state of the church is in the prayer of the harvest that our Lord committed us to pray. That the Lord of the harvest may send his labourers unto the harvest.
Unfortunately, we have many labourers but very few are the Lord's.

So many were driven into ministry because they failed in business and saw church as a business. Some just wanted Power.
Only very few labourers are truly enburdened like Christ for the souls of the harvest.

I thank God for the revival of our time. I believe our generation will right a lot of wrongs and shut the gates of hades.
The Spirit and Zeal of Our Lord will perform this.
So help us God.
You are right that you and I are the church, for I believe we represent the true church, but in terms of the apparent church even what is observed as the church by men, that it hardly reflects the true church that we are and represent.

Therefore that's the church I often refer to when I speak about the church, for it's the apparent church i'm talking about, for there used to be a time when the apparent church meant the same thing as the true church, but not as we speak for the apparent church has deviated from that and now become more or less the false church even though it started as the true church.

But from the knowledge I have be entrusted with the true church is coming back as it was in the beginning when it was the apparent church, so all these efforts form part of the process towards achieving that as you can see the true Word being sown as it was in those days, so bro the harvest is inevitable.

Therefore it is going happen as it was in those days, for when you have the same quality of Word sown, which would result in the harvest of same quality of obedience, sacrifice, love etc., expect the same quality of the Spirit and you know the implications of that, yeah, the mighty Works of God are coming with a fury.

So you're right bro it's gonna happen like it has never happened since the beginning of the church, for the problem has always been man's part, never God's part, for God is always ready.

And God told me recently that my part is the hard part, but that I've done it, so it's His part which is the easy part that's left.

And I know it's only moments away, so it behoves us to get ourselves and the people hearts ready for what I think is the last move of God that would take place before the second coming of Christ.

Have a Spirit-filled day.

1 Like

Re: Light And Darkness by Shepherd00: 3:32pm On Jun 01, 2019
jesusjnr:

Let's keep our differences aside and talk for a while.

So, what is your understanding of The Church?
Re: Light And Darkness by Shepherd00: 3:49pm On Jun 01, 2019
jesusjnr:
You are right that you and I are the church, for I believe we represent the true church, but in terms of the apparent church even what is observed as the church by men, that it hardly reflects the true church that we are and represent.

Therefore that's the church I often refer to when I speak about the church, for it's the apparent church i'm talking about, for there used to be a time when the apparent church meant the same thing as the true church, but not as we speak for the apparent church has deviated from that and now become more or less the false church even though it started as the true church.

But from the knowledge I have be entrusted with the true church is coming back as it was in the beginning when it was the apparent church, so all these efforts form part of the process towards achieving that as you can see the true Word being sown as it was in those days, so bro the harvest is inevitable.

Therefore it is going happen as it was in those days, for when you have the same quality of Word sown, which would result in the harvest of same quality of obedience, sacrifice, love etc., expect the same quality of the Spirit and you know the implications of that, yeah, the mighty Works of God are coming with a fury.

So you're right bro it's gonna happen like it has never happened since the beginning of the church, for the problem has always been man's part, never God's part, for God is always ready.

And God told me recently that my part is the hard part, but that I've done it, so it's His part which is the easy part that's left.

And I know it's only moments away, so it behoves us to get ourselves and the people hearts ready for what I think is the last move of God that would take place before the second coming of Christ.

There are two sides to The Church, 'The Church in Essence', which is Bride of Christ and Christ seats as her crown and protector and,

The Church in Manifestation, which is the entire Body of Christ across the globe which cuts across various denominations.
A particular denomination does not constitute a Church just as no one can ascertain the quality or viability of The Church by looking at what prevails in our society.

Besides, these things must need happen, hence Jesus the Christ will be a lair.

He knew False Christs will arise and they will pursue their own agendas, but the True Church can never be tainted no matter how hard satan tires. He'll try.

When the Holy Spirit said, we are seated with Christ in Heavenly Places far above Principalities and Powers, He was talking to the Church, meaning his called out ones, His bride.

Far, above means Far above.

Jesusjnr, begin to look at this world (manifested Church) from the perspective of the World, and all you'd see is chaos, but look at things from God's perspective and you'd see that all things are working according to plan.

Jesus is the Divine Design, so, nothing any one on earth or Hades does that escapes Him. He has all things under control.
Re: Light And Darkness by pressplay411(m): 5:00pm On Jun 01, 2019
jesusjnr:

Amen.
Same to you.
Welcome to the glorious month of June.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Is How God Reveals Your Life Partner When Your Perception/intention... / The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When You See Pitfalls On The Road. / Novena To Our Lady Of Perpetual Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.