Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Things To Know About Revenge - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things To Know About Revenge (221 Views)

WORLD IN SHOCK: 300 Dead, 1,450 Injured, 50 Kidnapped, Netanyahu Vows Revenge…. / TB Joshua's 55th Birthday: 20 Things To Know About The Prophet / 15 Amazing Things To Know About Good Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things To Know About Revenge by bfeet(m): 11:53am On May 25, 2019
1 - Only God is allowed to take revenge: “Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: “it is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.” (Romans 12:19).

2 - The desire for revenge is not wrong in itself. Even some people in heaven want revenge: “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy & true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth & avenge our blood? (Revelation 6:10).

3 - God has some human agents for taking revenge such as “governing authorities….He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.” (Romans 13:1-4).

4 - God also uses angels to take revenge eg, Sodom & Gomorrah: (Genesis 19:12-13).

5 - Some people seem to escape justice on earth: “They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy & strong. They are free from the burdens common to man; they are not plagued by human ills.” (Psalm 73:4-5). One result of this apparent injustice is envy & bitterness in the hearts of those who are obeying God: “... I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked... When I tried to understand all this, it was oppressive to me…” (Psalm 73:3 & 16). What then is the solution to this problem of apparent injustice? Understanding! And this only came to the Psalmist when he “entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny.” (v17). When it comes to God's judgement, it is the “final destiny” of men that should concern us not their present situation. The Bible says: “Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame & everlasting contempt.” (Daniel 12:2).

6 - We all deserve to be punished by God because we are all sinners: (Romans 3:23). Some of us have repented of our sins & some others are not guilty of grievous sins like murder or rape but every human being by nature is guilty of sin: “There is no one righteous, not even one;” (Romans 3:10); “Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.” (Psalm 51:5). God's solution to the problem of sin in human beings is Jesus Christ: He is “the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” Faith in Jesus Christ is the only way to avoid the judgement of God: “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12).

7 - Faith is the beginning of a journey not the end. Jesus said: “To him who overcomes & DOES MY WILL TO THE END, I will give authority over the nations.” (Revelation 2:26). Jesus also told the parable of the foolish virgins, (Matthew 25). 5 out of the 10 virgins were locked out of the wedding feast; these represent foolish Christians that will be denied access to paradise in the end. The Christian life is a battle not a party. The party is going to happen at the end when the devil has been defeated. For now we need to “work out (our) salvation with fear & trembling” (Philippians 2:12).
Re: Things To Know About Revenge by CodeTemplar: 3:16pm On May 25, 2019
The wicked is there for the day of doom.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Jesus? - Jesus' Once Sacrifice Is Sufficient. / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:sunday, June 16, 2019 / The Nine Gifts Of The Spirit Tradition Vs. My Ten Talents Of Power New Doctrine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.