Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,274 members, 7,839,364 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Zamfara: We Tried Our Best, But No Option To Supreme Court Judgement - APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara: We Tried Our Best, But No Option To Supreme Court Judgement - APC (652 Views)

Osun Electoral Tribunal Judgement: APC Supporters Dance In Court (Video) / Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed / 'We Tried To Save Ambode, But He Wasn't Answering Our Calls'...Epe Elders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Zamfara: We Tried Our Best, But No Option To Supreme Court Judgement - APC by miteolu(m): 7:43pm On May 25, 2019
The national vice chairman, south south, of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Ntufam Hilliard Eta, has reportedly reacted to the Supreme Court's judgement which nullified nullified all votes cast for the party in the 2019 elections in Zamfara state.

According to Daily Trust, Eta said the party has no option than to accept the ruling of the Supreme Court.

the Supreme Court's judgement affected the governorship as well as state/federal legislative polls in Zamfara state.

Eta, who reportedly spoke with newsmen on Friday, May 24, after a meeting of the Comrade Adams Oshiomhole-led National Working Committee (NWC) in Abuja, said the party had learnt some lessons from the Zamfara scenario. He said concerning the judgement: “It’s a sad day for every member of the APC. It’s a very sad day for us.”

Asked if the party mismanaged the crisis, he said: “I don’t think the party mismanaged the crisis in our Zamfara chapter. We don’t have any option than to accept the judgment of the Supreme Court and go ahead and learn some lessons from it. That is what I can say for now.”

Native Reporters earlier reported that INEC Bows To Supreme Court’s Judgement, Declares PDP Winner Of Zamfara Election

In compliance with the Supreme Court judgment, the Commission has now determined the winners of the elections in Zamfara State as follows:

Governorship
1. GOVERNOR: BELLO MOHAMMED MATAWALLE, MALE, PDP
2. DEPUTY GOVERNOR: MAHDI ALIYU GUSAU, MALE, PDP.

Senatorial
1. ZAMFARA NORTH
ALHAJI YA'U SAHABI
MALE, PDP

2. ZAMFARA CENTRAL
MOHAMMED HASSAN
MALE, PDP

3. ZAMFARA WEST
LAWALI HASSAN ANKA
MALE
PDP

House of Representatives
1. KAURAN NAMODA/BIRNIN MAGAJI
UMAR SANI DAN-GALADIMA
MALE, PDP

2. SHINKAFI/ZURMI
BELLO HASSAN SHINKAFI
MALE, PDP

3. GUSAU/TSAFE
KABIRU AMADU
MALE, PDP

4. BUNGUDU/MARU
SHEHU AHMED
MALE, PDP

5. ANKA/TALATA MAFARA
KABIRU YAHAYA
MALE, PDP

6. BAKURA/MARADUN
AHMED MUHAMMAD BAKURA
MALE, PDP

7. GUMMI/BUKKUYUM
SULAIMAN ABUBAKAR GUMI
MALE, PDP

State House of Assembly
1. KAURA NAMODA NORTH
ZAHARADEEN M. SADA
MALE, PDP

2. KAURA NAMODA SOUTH
ANAS SARKIN FADA
MALE, PDP

3. BIRNIN MAGAJI
NURA DAHIRU
MALE, PDP

4. ZURMI EAST
SALIHU USMAN ZURMI
MALE, PDP

5. ZURMI WEST
NASIRU MU'AZU
MALE, PDP

6. SHINKAFI
MUHAMMAD G. AHMAD
MALE, PDP

7. TSAFE EAST
MUSA BAWA MUSA
MALE, PDP

8. TSAFE WEST
ALIYU NA-MAIGORA
MALE, PDP

9. GUSAU EAST
IBRAHIM NAIDA
MALE,PDP

10. GUSAU WEST
SHAFI’U DAMA
MALE, PDP

11. BUNGUDU EAST
KABIRU MAGAJI
MALE, PDP

12. BUNGUDU WEST
NASIRU BELLO LAWAL
MALE, PDP

13. MARU NORTH
YUSUF ALHASSAN MUHAMMAD
MALE, PDP

14. MARU SOUTH
KABIRU HASHIMU
MALE, NRM

15. ANKA
YUSUF MUHAMMAD
MALE, PDP

16. TALATA MAFARA NORTH
SHAMSUDEEN HASSAN
MALE, PDP

17. TALATA MAFARA SOUTH
AMINU YUSUF JANGEBE
MALE, PDP

18. BAKURA
TUKUR JEKADA BIRNIN TUDU
MALE, PDP

19. MARADUN I
FARUK MUSA DOSARA
MALE, PDP

20. MARADUN II
NASIRU ATIKU
MALE, PDP

21. GUMMI I
ABDULNASIR IBRAHIM
MALE, PDP

22. GUMMI II
MANSUR MOHAMMED
MALE, PDP

23. BUKKUYUM NORTH
IBRAHIM MOHAMMED NA’IDDA
MALE, PDP

24. BUKKUYUM SOUTH
SANI DAHIRU
MALE, PDP

INEC will issue Certificates of Return to the new winners as follows:
i. Governor & Deputy Governor-elect, Senators-elect & Members of the House of Representatives-elect will receive their certificates on Monday 27th May 2019 @ the Commission’s Electoral Institute at 2.00pm.

ii. Members of the State House of Assembly-elect will receive their certificates from the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) for Zamfara State at the INEC State Office in Gusau on Friday 31stMay 2019 at 10.00am.

I appeal to political parties intending to field candidates in the elections to adhere strictly to this and other timelines in the Timetable and Schedule of activities.

I thank you very much and I will now take some questions.

Prof. Mahmood Yakubu

http://www.nativereporters.com/zamfara-we-tried-our-best-but-no-option-to-supreme-court-judgement-apc/

(1) (Reply)

AKINWUNMI AMBODE : How NOT To Be A Governor. / Who Succeeds Dickson As Bayelsa Governor? Will Timi Alaibe Be Timely And Able? / Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Nwosu Wins In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.