Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,461 members, 7,954,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:52 AM

Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels (27589 Views)

15 Giant Snails From Nigeria Seized At US Airport (Video) / Audi Smashes Into 11 Luxury Supercars In London In ₦442m Crash / Over 1000 Migrants From Central American Trekking Through Mexico To The U.S.(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by obafemee80(m): 8:26pm On May 25, 2019

Dozens of luxury cars seized from cartels, gangsters and corrupt politicians will be auctioned off on Sunday as part of a populist anti-corruption crusade being waged by Mexico’s leftist president,Andrés Manuel López Obrador.

Andrés Manuel López Obrador,who is just six months into his six-year term, has vowed that proceeds from Sunday’s auction will be channelled into social programmes and deprived communities.

Currently, there are 82 seized vehicles up for sale including Lamborghinis, a 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe and Ford F-150 Shelby. Other cars include Corvettes, Mustangs, Hummers, Mercedes, Porsches, Camaros, Jaguars, Jeeps, and more average cars like a Fiat 500 and a Smart ForTwo.

Ricardo Rodriguez, head of the newly created Institute to Return Stolen Goods to the People, said:

“Before, this worked like a reverse Robin Hood ... taking from the people and giving to the corrupt. Not anymore"

The first auction, set for Sunday, will seek bids for 77 vehicles with a total starting price of around $1.5 million. The vehicles up for auction include Porsches, Corvettes, Mercedes-Benzes, a Mustang convertible and a 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago.

The proceeds of this auction will go to two municipalities in the Mexican state of Oaxaca, one of the poorest in the country.

Subsequent auctions, including one that will offload three seized homes worth around $7 million and another that will sell seized jewelry, will benefit a youth drug rehabilitation program and impoverished mountain communities in the state of Guerrero.

Since taking office in December, Lopez Obrador has rolled out a string of welfare programs for the poor and the elderly, cut salaries for top civil servants and said he is saving public money by eliminating corruption.

The Mexican president, who has shunned luxurious lifestyle and drives a modest white Volkswagen Jetta, added that two cars and an ambulance donated by the King of Jordan will go to the National Guard, a new security force.

https://autojosh.com/mexico-to-auction-off-supercars-seized-from-corrupt-politiciansdrug-cartels-and-gangsters/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by obafemee80(m): 8:26pm On May 25, 2019
Some of the 82 cars set to be auctioned off at the unoccupied Los Pinos presidential mansion on Sunday May 26 2019.

Armoured 2013 Chevrolet Suburban - $41,100

Armoured 2013 Chevrolet Suburban - $46,200

Armoured 2013 Chevrolet Suburban - $43,400

Armoured 2009 Mercedes-Benz S600 - $50,600

Armoured 2008 Chevrolet Suburban - $43,400

Armoured 2013 Chevrolet Suburban - $58,600

Armoured 2013 Chevrolet Suburban - $826,700

2012 Smart Fortwo Cabrio - $46,700

2014 Volkswagen Passat - $83,000

Armoured 2013 Chevrolet Suburban - $43,400

2013 Volkswagen Golf GTI - $98,500

2007 Lamborghini Murciélago - $77,300

2012 Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid - $14,400

What Do You Think?

See the full list here :
https://autojosh.com/mexico-to-auction-off-supercars-seized-from-corrupt-politiciansdrug-cartels-and-gangsters/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

3 Likes

Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by Planet3xi: 8:30pm On May 25, 2019
the drug lords will track the vehicles and kill the buyers

check my threads

40 Likes

Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by icon02(m): 8:32pm On May 25, 2019
Yea...better than his Philippine sadist counterpart who decided to crush the cars.I think Buhari deserves a lecture from this man on how to truly lead frugally and with integrity.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by Timmypromise(m): 8:36pm On May 25, 2019
Where is dangote sef

1 Like

Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by decatalyst(m): 8:39pm On May 25, 2019
Naija be smiling at this thread like... grin

"My dream car would soon land from the abroad" grin

15 Likes

Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by Timmypromise(m): 8:43pm On May 25, 2019
If na politicians own pesin wan buy I fit advice am go ahead
But drug cartels will hunt you down
Visit bestgore.com to see drug cartels deal with human being

6 Likes

Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by geezynoni: 1:09am On May 26, 2019
Timmypromise:
If na politicians own pesin wan buy I fit advice am go ahead
But drug cartels will hunt you down
Visit bestgore.com to see drug cartels deal with human being
Ds site e be deadly site

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by Timmypromise(m): 6:51am On May 26, 2019
geezynoni:

Ds site e be deadly site

Yeah
Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 12:15pm On May 26, 2019
Shouldn't this be the same for All these cars, laptops and phones seized from Internet fraudsters by EFCC...

11 Likes

Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by Range63: 2:46pm On May 27, 2019
DO NOT BUY!!! They will just waste you

4 Likes

Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by Ekakamba: 2:47pm On May 27, 2019
When will Naija FG follow suit. Shey we love copying>> grin tongue
Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by BotherMleeper(m): 2:47pm On May 27, 2019
Meanwhile, in Nigeria they destroy confiscated goods.

1 Like

Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by forghon: 2:47pm On May 27, 2019
Don't dey have senators to share amongst themselves undecided
Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by Gabson006: 2:47pm On May 27, 2019
Okay
Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by stanley000: 2:47pm On May 27, 2019
That's where you finally realise the govt is the biggest scam, they just don't want competition in the stealing business.

3 Likes

Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by Phock2sweet: 2:47pm On May 27, 2019
icon02:
Yea...better than his Philippine sadist counterpart who decided to crush the cars.I think Buhari deserves a lecture from this man on how to truly lead frugally and with integrity.
buhari is a big thief too.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by ken6488(m): 2:48pm On May 27, 2019
grin Buy at own risk
Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by parzdor(m): 2:48pm On May 27, 2019
Dino malaye be looking at them now like monkey looks at banana
Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by Bustincole(m): 2:49pm On May 27, 2019
How i wish dis can happen in Naija... by now all us go don get cars
Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:49pm On May 27, 2019
Thank God for this news. Now this brings me to this question, all the cars, laptops, houses that EFCC always claim they seized from yahoo boys. Where are they going!? Every week, you read in the news that EFCC arrested 20 yahoo boys, seized 15 cars and 25 laptops but at the end, we won't hear about the cars or the laptop anymore. Even the yahoo boys, only the poor ones go to jail.
Thieves chasing thieves...

11 Likes

Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by victorazyvictor(m): 2:50pm On May 27, 2019
That Chevrolet is my dream car....
But why are the most of their cars Ferrari ?
Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by LisTim(m): 2:50pm On May 27, 2019
Is this possible in Nigeria? Never
Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by victorazyvictor(m): 2:53pm On May 27, 2019
Bustincole:
How i wish dis can happen in Naija... by now all us go don get cars

grin no go hustle, dey here dey eye Melaye cars grin

1 Like

Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by Isoduwa(m): 2:54pm On May 27, 2019
Please bring me 3 of the most expensive car �

Tonto help me pay put pay you later what are we lovers for
Re: Mexico To Auction Off Supercars Seized From Corrupt Politicians And Drug Cartels by 400billionman: 2:56pm On May 27, 2019
I am interested in the hummer SUT.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Danfo Wreckage From The Trailer That Fell From Ojuelegba Bridge (photos) / Nigeria Exported N100bn Worth Airplanes To Ghana In 2021 / World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.