Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

12,000 Candidates To Be Admitted Into Unilorin For 2019/2020 Academic Session - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12,000 Candidates To Be Admitted Into Unilorin For 2019/2020 Academic Session (359 Views)

2020 UTME: JAMB Registers 700,000 Candidates In 2 Weeks / JAMB Deregisters 14 CBT Centres Over Alleged Fraud As 157,000 Candidates Take Mo / JAMB UTME 2019: Over 300,000 Candidates Registered So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

12,000 Candidates To Be Admitted Into Unilorin For 2019/2020 Academic Session by Iykelinus(m): 4:29pm On May 26, 2019
Authorities of the University of Ilorin (Unilorin) have began lobbying the National Universities Commission (NUC) for increase in the existing admission quota allotted the institution initially pegged at 10,900, it was learnt
Indeed Vice Chancellor of the institution Prof Sulyman AbdulKareem revealed that Unilorin would admit about 12,000 candidates for the 2019/2020 academic session.

Prof Abdulkareem said the move was to accommodate huge number of admission seekers, particularly now that Unilorin has become one of the most subscribed citadels of learning in the country.

Speaking at the annual breaking of fast (Iftar) with reporters in Ilorin, Abdulkareem disclosed that his goal was to have limitless admission quota but for NUC and Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) regulatory activities.

The VC stated that the allocation of admission quota for students was dependent on carrying capacity and facilities on each campus of the universities.
He added that the main challenge his administration was grappling with was how to provide enough classrooms because of increase in the number of students on campus.

Abdulkareem noted that the university was currently making use of available large lecture theatres to accommodate the students, adding that he had reached out to the Tertiary Education Fund (TETFUND) for support in building large lecture halls.

He maintained that the institution had provided sufficient gadgets in the lecture theatres on campus to make lecture delivery easy for both lecturers and students.
He said: “My goal as Vice-Chancellor is to have limitless admission quota but we know that is regulated by NUC, and they usually base that on facilities on campus. I must disclose that for 10 years, I was admission Chairman for University of Ilorin.

Read more: https://www.mactvnaija.com/2019/05/12000-candidates-to-be-admitted-into.html?m=1

Re: 12,000 Candidates To Be Admitted Into Unilorin For 2019/2020 Academic Session by reccy(m): 5:08pm On May 26, 2019
To admit 50000 students is not the problem, the problem is, will there be conducive environment for learning?? You don't just admit students and jam-packed them in one lecture hall and at the end of the day they will end up learning nothing.

Expand the school first and employ more capable hands before you talk about increment in the number of admitted students.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Tuition Universities In Canada For Foriegn Students - New List / Please Help My Twin Brothers On Their Admissions / Uwagboe Osawe: Why I Am Stepping Down From Uniben Sug Presidential Race.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.