Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) (38770 Views)

See This Beautiful Piece Of Art Created By Smashing Glass To Pieces / Swiss Artist Creates Amazing Portraits By Smashing Glass To Pieces / Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by tendingNews: 2:21am On May 27, 2019
One man's junk is another's treasure - meet the Nigerian sculptor turning metal scraps to pieces of art.

Here is Dotun Popoola, a Nigerian man from Ile Ife who is making waves with his artworks from metal scraps.

Al Jazeera English features him.

He wrote:

"I looked at my self in the mirror and tears rolled down from my eyes, not because i received award, but i remember how i started this ART in Agege 1986 as a kid , sketching on our landlords new Mercedes Benz with sharp nails, cutting my dads leather chairs with charp razor blades, all these has put me in troubles, but now i am an artist with special GRACE.

I listen to Mr @oliverenwonwu read my citation for 8minutes and i couldn't believe he was talking about me, could that be me? i think he was reading the story of a man with special GRACE.

I looked at my wife's face @adeolacakes and i saw the joy on her face for saying yes to me seven years ago when i didnt even look like a man that could take her arround the world, i think she is married to a man full of special GRACE.

I remembered how i use to carry my art work inside Yellow bus(molue), from Abule Egba, looking for who will buy on Island, and sometimes i would end up selling it cheaper just to get transport back home, but now only selected few who are well feed�� can afford it, i think you are buying a work of a man with special GRACE.

Key into the GRACE of God and your story will change shortly. Abeg let me go and Weld jare..... where is my apron�, this TUX is giving me heat."

Watch his Al Jazeera video

Source: http://www.thefamousnaija.com/2019/05/biography-of-dotun-popoola-meet.html?m=1

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by tendingNews: 2:21am On May 27, 2019
Watch the video HERE

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by dawnomike(m): 2:33am On May 27, 2019
Makes sense

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by Tolani0167(m): 2:48am On May 27, 2019
beautiful

19 Likes

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 2:53am On May 27, 2019
What I see....art

What my brothers at ladipo see.....cash
As in for real?
Spark plugs hanging about like that?
Nna yem spark plugs abuo kain startie that moto

No time

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by EASY39(m): 3:30am On May 27, 2019
We Hav one like that in osogbo

5 Likes

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by MetaPhysical: 4:26am On May 27, 2019
This is fortune built from scrap

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by aimsbaba(m): 5:00am On May 27, 2019
Nice one bro

3 Likes

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by kaptaneSaka(m): 5:00am On May 27, 2019
These are the kind of people we need to be celebrating, they give us good image out there not the Naira Marley of this world....

102 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:01am On May 27, 2019
Oyinbo people will soon carry am soon from this useless shit called Nigeria

by the way! a won omo iya was from oke ohun won't like this gringrin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by driand(m): 5:02am On May 27, 2019
cool

This is Awesome! shocked

We from the S/E are very proud of you...

Say no to a divided southern Nigeria...

Together we stand against their fulanization...

In the end the south will prevail...

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by thesicilian: 5:05am On May 27, 2019
He started as far back as 1986 and kept at it till now. How many people can wait for over 30yrs before their talents/hustles start yielding fruits?
Can't imagine all the insults and discouragement he might have received.

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by TripleH911: 5:06am On May 27, 2019
This is what we called"The beginning of Wisdom" Oooooooooooo shhay shocked
Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by justtruth88miSt(f): 5:06am On May 27, 2019
We r creative and intelligent.

We r Yoruba's...

without us, no Nigeria

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by omonla10(m): 5:06am On May 27, 2019
So painful that Art is less appreciated in this dark part of d world

22 Likes

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by AbleGod32123: 5:07am On May 27, 2019
Nice one my guy, I remember our days in OAU. I know u will go to places. Thumb up!

13 Likes

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by Maket: 5:08am On May 27, 2019
Talent well defined.
Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by lekkan(m): 5:10am On May 27, 2019
Hi Dotun welder cool cool
Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by PotatoSalad(m): 5:10am On May 27, 2019
Reminds me of MadMax game

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by toffyz(m): 5:12am On May 27, 2019
Excellence!
Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by IkpuMmadu: 5:14am On May 27, 2019
Shibaraba:
What I see....art

What my brothers at ladipo see.....cash
As in for real?
Spark plugs hanging about like that?
Nna yem spark plugs abuo kain startie that moto

No time

The yoriuba would see art
The Igbo would see cash
The Hausa would see materials for recycle
The Niger Delta might not see anything or weapon in rare cases

6 Likes

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by IvarTheTerrible: 5:15am On May 27, 2019
MetaPhysical:
This is fortune built from scrap

Those pictures should be at the top. The OP just put up pictures of his face and not showcasing his body of work.

Incredible to look at! shocked

4 Likes

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by tydi(m): 5:19am On May 27, 2019
shocked

In pictures everything looks fine and beautiful but in reality you might not want to waste your money on such frivolities..

And I ask of what use will it be to the common man..
Been a carpenter could have paid that guy the more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by solmusdesigns: 5:20am On May 27, 2019
grin

Started by cutting his fathers leather chair and scratching their landlords mercedes.. ..

African parents are worst at spoting talents, they most have beaten shaga out of him trying to beat the creative, playful demon out of him, and restore seriousness of a medical student or a Lawyer

7 Likes

Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by Lewalexzy(m): 5:21am On May 27, 2019
tendingNews:
One man's junk is another's treasure - meet the Nigerian sculptor turning metal scraps to pieces of art.

Here is Dotun Popoola, a Nigerian man from Ile Ife who is making waves with his artworks from metal scraps.

Al Jazeera English features him.

He wrote:

"I looked at my self in the mirror and tears rolled down from my eyes, not because i received award, but i remember how i started this ART in Agege 1986 as a kid , sketching on our landlords new Mercedes Benz with sharp nails, cutting my dads leather chairs with charp razor blades, all these has put me in troubles, but now i am an artist with special GRACE.

I listen to Mr @oliverenwonwu read my citation for 8minutes and i couldn't believe he was talking about me, could that be me? i think he was reading the story of a man with special GRACE.

I looked at my wife's face @adeolacakes and i saw the joy on her face for saying yes to me seven years ago when i didnt even look like a man that could take her arround the world, i think she is married to a man full of special GRACE.

I remembered how i use to carry my art work inside Yellow bus(molue), from Abule Egba, looking for who will buy on Island, and sometimes i would end up selling it cheaper just to get transport back home, but now only selected few who are well feed�� can afford it, i think you are buying a work of a man with special GRACE.

Key into the GRACE of God and your story will change shortly. Abeg let me go and Weld jare..... where is my apron�, this TUX is giving me heat."

Watch his Al Jazeera video

Source: http://www.thefamousnaija.com/2019/05/biography-of-dotun-popoola-meet.html?m=1

Nice one... But Nairalanders, una no dey sleep. Pesin no go ever get FTC
Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by Pavore9: 5:22am On May 27, 2019
Beautiful.
Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by aragon4realz(m): 5:26am On May 27, 2019
so pretty
Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by tydi(m): 5:27am On May 27, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

The yoriuba would see art The Igbo would see cash The Hausa would see materials for recycle The Niger Delta might not see anything or weapon in rare cases

And will the fulani see
Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by BuhariDcow: 5:31am On May 27, 2019
Bleep Southern Nigeria

driand:
cool

This is Awesome! shocked

We from the S/E are very proud of you...

Say no to a divided southern Nigeria...

Together we stand against their fulanization...

In the end the south will prevail...
Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by BuhariDcow: 5:32am On May 27, 2019
D
Re: Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) by Akposkool(m): 5:38am On May 27, 2019
And they won't celebrate this one ooo instead they would prefer to celebrate a 19 year old marrying her ancestors mate. Failed country

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

V_ray Forum / Meet Anthony Ezeanyika Chibuzor, The Currency Artist (Photos) / Artist, Oresegun Olumide Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.