Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded (1665 Views)

Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / 'I Miss Your Manhood & All The Styles’ - Widow Says During Late Husband’s Rite / Businessman Beats Brother’s 60-Year-Old Wife Over Sick Husband's Property (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by bread2dey: 3:34am On May 27, 2019
please my fellow nairalander, i need your advice..

My late brother who based in Indonesia, came back to the village earlier this year January to get married to his lover but died three days after he got wedded, before this scenario, he was strongly advice by some villagers not to get married to the girl, but went on deaf ears. the girl who is now a suspect of having a hand in my brother's death, is now demanding for my late brother's property 7 days after his death, thou there is a rumor that she is pregnant for my brother. please i need advice on how to handle this, thank you all
Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by Ejika48(f): 4:02am On May 27, 2019
Koju maribi ni. Lol she wants to know if she's safe ni
Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by Pavore9: 4:54am On May 27, 2019
If they had a registry wedding, she has legal backing and if she is truly pregnant and proven that your late brother is the father after she births, your family can't wish her away.

Your family should go it traditional, get her family involved because it is very wrong at every level to be demanding the material belongings of your late brother.
Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by dingbang(m): 5:20am On May 27, 2019
Men and pvssy
Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by daddytime(m): 5:32am On May 27, 2019
Hmmm...the records keeps getting shattered on a daily.

May God save us all
Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by sykeng(m): 5:52am On May 27, 2019
Which properties? the marriage was too young to be demanding for properties, you guys should take care of her till she remarries. Someone sent the guy to Indonesia, someone prayed day and night for him to succeed, may be she contributed nothing in your brother's life now she is demanding everything because of marriage of 3days.

1 Like

Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by mankettle(m): 6:12am On May 27, 2019
1. if they married in registry she is the legal wife so she is entitled to her portion of his estate, this is not limited to whether she is pregnant or not. the only catch is, if she is found culpable in his death, then she is not entitled to anything as one cannot benefit from his wrong.
2. if it is only traditional, she is entitled to his estate still based on the customs of the village. also if she is pregnant, then you have to wait for the birth also as he too is entitled to his or her Papa's estate.. PS. it's over 4 months she must be showing

1 Like

Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by SageMK: 6:47am On May 27, 2019
Does your late brother have a valid will?
Everything rest on what his will reads if he does.

If there's no valid will, then there's nothing stopping her from claiming what is legally hers. Unless their wedding was a traditional one — this will nullify her claim. Damn.

His wife should be properly investigated.
She's the chief suspect. sad

1 Like

Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by drmikeadams(m): 4:33pm On May 27, 2019
angry grin grin that is why I call marriage scam
Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by bukatyne(f): 5:52pm On May 27, 2019
bread2dey:
please my fellow nairalander, i need your advice..

My late brother who based in Indonesia, came back to the village earlier this year January to get married to his lover but died three days after he got wedded, before this scenario, he was strongly advice by some villagers not to get married to the girl, but went on deaf ears. the girl who is now a suspect of having a hand in my brother's death, is now demanding for my late brother's property 7 days after his death, thou there is a rumor that she is pregnant for my brother. please i need advice on how to handle this, thank you all

Did the wedding happen in January or May?
Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by bread2dey: 11:52am On May 29, 2019
bukatyne:

Did the wedding happen in January or May?
it happened in April, last month
Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by bread2dey: 11:53am On May 29, 2019
SageMK:
Does your late brother have a valid will?
Everything rest on what his will reads if he does.

If there's no valid will, then there's nothing stopping her from claiming what is legally hers. Unless their wedding was a traditional one — this will nullify her claim. Damn.

His wife should be properly investigated.
She's the chief suspect. sad

my late brother doesn't have a valid will
Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by bread2dey: 11:55am On May 29, 2019
mankettle:
1. if they married in registry she is the legal wife so she is entitled to her portion of his estate, this is not limited to whether she is pregnant or not. the only catch is, if she is found culpable in his death, then she is not entitled to anything as one cannot benefit from his wrong.
2. if it is only traditional, she is entitled to his estate still based on the customs of the village. also if she is pregnant, then you have to wait for the birth also as he too is entitled to his or her Papa's estate.. PS. it's over 4 months she must be showing
they did traditional and white marriage, but he died 3 days after they got wedded
Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by bread2dey: 11:56am On May 29, 2019
Pavore9:
If they had a registry wedding, she has legal backing and if she is truly pregnant and proven that your late brother is the father after she births, your family can't wish her away.

Your family should go it traditional, get her family involved because it is very wrong at every level to be demanding the material belongings of your late brother.
thank you for your advice
Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by Kendumazy(m): 12:58pm On May 29, 2019
Hmmmm. Materialistic wife. She isn't even mourning him. Rather property is her focus. Mheen! Love dey fvck up atimes. Human beings will see obvious signs that this is danger but this love will overcloud someone brain. Rip to your brother.
Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by Mizwisdom(f): 1:05pm On May 29, 2019
bread2dey:
they did traditional and white marriage, but he died 3 days after they got wedded

Accept my sympathy. The property is her entitlement as she is his wife. I think she's scared about being sidelined or maybe he told her to ask for it through dream. But what was the cause of his death?
Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by frixie: 1:55pm On May 29, 2019
Traditional and Church wedding, No registry right?
Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by mankettle(m): 1:50am On May 30, 2019
pls define white wedding? if it is Registry... sorry for your loss bro. if it is church depending on the church, sorry for your loss. however there is a way out.
Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by bread2dey: 3:11am On Jun 03, 2019
frixie:
Traditional and Church wedding, No registry right?
no registry
Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by bread2dey: 3:12am On Jun 03, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Accept my sympathy. The property is her entitlement as she is his wife. I think she's scared about being sidelined or maybe he told her to ask for it through dream. But what was the cause of his death?
he was witchcraftly killed
Re: Wife Is Asking For Late Husband's Property 3 Days After They Got Wedded by bread2dey: 3:12am On Jun 03, 2019
mankettle:
pls define white wedding?
if it is Registry... sorry for your loss bro.
if it is church depending on the church, sorry for your loss.
however there is a way out.
please what is the way out?

(1) (Reply)

Is This True? / Teen ‘pregnancy Pact’ Has 17 Girls Expecting many Moms-to-be At Mass. High Schoo / She Has Not Seen Her Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.