Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,945 members, 7,835,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

How To Win Indebtedness - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Win Indebtedness (184 Views)

3 Tips On How To Win Big In 2023 You Can't Afford To Miss / How To Apply For Worldlabs Elevating Ideas Competition (To Win £50,000) / My Advice To Graduates: This Is How To WIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Win Indebtedness by Darevofpeace(m): 5:48am On May 27, 2019
Been heavily indebted now seems to be a huge burden.The nation is highly indebted to World Bank, the States also to CBN,Corporate Organizations and individuals.
People do make jest that even Nigeria is also indebted,so therefore debt can not kill someone.
In this part of the World,where poverty seems so high,poor leadership even the minimum wage is not minimal.The take home can only take you to your bus station.
In a Country where civil servants are charged multiple taxation and debt seems to weeve it web like that of a spider and almost choking an individuals.
I have highlighted some things you can do and measures to be put into place in order to win or reduce your debt profile.

(1)STOP THE GENERAL MALADY OF COMPETITION

Nigeria is a big nation and it is full of many outstanding individuals who have high taste and passions,heart desires beyond there present means.
An average Nigerian is a competitor,much reason why most Nigerians abroad do distinguished themselves when they go abroad.
This competitive spirit has brought about bad attitude such as (rage,envy,jealousy, anger,quest to maim or commit murder)loss of friendship built for many years when one hurts another because of the assumed success of his/her associates.
We would never give up on our plans,goals and objectives, no matter how long it takes.Though competition has it own positive vibes,but when you keep measuring the progress of your life with friends,neighbours and relatives,then you are in for big financial mess in the future ahead.
Life was never a race and we might be age mate and not grace mate.How would you keep hurting your self when you look at others that they are more successful in finances than you.
An average Nigerian keeps secrets to his/her self.We do like to take everyone by surprise.
I have friends who has rich background whose parents had already willed some housing properties to them and those housing rents are paid directly into there account.
The parents are very much alive and the children are doing so well.If not the fact that one of the children told me,I would never have knew.
That friend of mine was receiving rents of the house every year into close to half a million while we were in 100L.at the University.
The parents were still paying his school fees and he was still living with them and not taking any financial responsibility within the house.
There are several instances as such and these are people whom others want to compete with.
The quest to impress others brings sadness,grief and low self esteem.All human would be dead and be buried some day,why would I spend my entire life to keep impressing a fellow human made of sand like myself.
An individuals must have there personally stated plans,actions,goals and objectives with a stipulated time frame.
Except you are representing our great nation in nations,cup,world cup,Olympics and other international competitions,you must compete with no human.

(2)LEARN PROPER BUDGETING
I am well trained as an accountant,moreover you need not employ an accountant to be accountable and financial management is a necessity for all and sundry if you do not want to live in perpetual misery.
After many observations in years,I did realized that an average Nigerian have little or low understanding about financial management.
We spend to the last penny by acquiring liabilities in volumes, we look forward to the end of the month to get the salary with great enthusiasm and some days after the salary was received, we tend to loose our zeal, energy and hapiness again and wait for the next month.
Such a life ends up in stunted growth and repetitive circles and rat race.The only problem of any rat race is that they are all still rats.
A budget is a detailed estimate of an anticipated revenue over a proposed expenditure usually within one year.
A budget must be well detailed, you do not pen down a budget in your mind.A whole lot of human makes this mistake.
Forgetting that any well stated objectives and plans written by a tiny pencil is more remembered than the proposed plans in the sharpest brain.
We must know how to keep a proper accounting records of debit and credit entries.
You must never spend above your earned income,never! your overhead expenses must be kept in check and you must find a means to reduce your monthly expenses.

(3)GET ANOTHER SOURCE OF INCOME

The economic situation of Nigeria seems to be more expensive and rising.
The numbers of graduates are on the increase with little or no hope of employability.
Skill acquisition and entrepreneurship would be the major bailout to solve the unemployment issues among the youth.
We tend to talk about the citizens in developed countries
going to work in about three,four organizations and getting paid daily.
The times has come whereby one source of income would never be sufficient for you as an individual or as a family.
The rise of school fees,the increment in house rent and a general increase in market prices are very much enough on it own.

(4)READ BOOKS ABOUT FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT

Reading is life, there are several books which were written by many authors on financial management.
There are just two things that would determine where you would be in the next five years,the books you read and the friends you keep.
Learning about financial management is never a one day affair, it must be a consistent effort.
You do not grow big to manage well,you must manage well to grow big.
Financial prosperity is very possible,but it's a serious hardwork and it could only be well sustained by been consistent about it.

(1) (Reply)

Can A Graduate / 'curriculum Studies And Educational Planning' Project Topics And Materials. / Correct Score

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.