Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Htc Or Blackberry - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Htc Or Blackberry (2281 Views)

Ios, Android, Windows Or Blackberry : Its About Choice Not Capability / Galaxy S6 Or Blackberry Passport / Which Phone Should I Buy...tecno N3/N4 Or Blackberry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Htc Or Blackberry by izzau(m): 3:57pm On Sep 27, 2010
hi guys,
i would like to get a nu phone am thinking htc cause i love the UI really cool , then again the 'crack'berry[blackberry] lol, anyways can i get the same service with htc on the monthly plan as its the case with blackberry? i simply mean can i be paying 5k monthly and still recieve my mails and send on htc like blackberry does?

thanks guyz
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by dvd(f): 6:02am On Sep 28, 2010
blackberry 5k service is unique to it, so for htc , you should pay for the plan you want depending on the network, well you should be able to get mails and send, i think
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by texazzpete(m): 6:24am On Sep 28, 2010
izzau:

hi guys,
i would like to get a nu phone am thinking htc cause i love the UI really cool , then again the 'crack'berry[blackberry] lol, anyways can i get the same service with htc on the monthly plan as its the case with blackberry? i simply mean can i be paying 5k monthly and still recieve my mails and send on htc like blackberry does?

thanks guyz

There's no such phone as 'HTC'.
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 28, 2010
texazzpete:

There's no such phone as 'HTC'.

HTC Aria and HTC Tilt2?

@post
DO NOT GET HTC phones!!! They run on windows. . . .very slow and unreliable. Even my salesman begged me not to buy HTC phones.

Try the android. Right now am on the backflip motorola android. . . . I LOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE ITTTTTTTTT!!!
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by izzau(m): 7:48am On Sep 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

HTC Aria and HTC Tilt2?

@post
DO NOT GET HTC phones!!! They run on windows. . . .very slow and unreliable. Even my salesman begged me not to buy HTC phones.

Try the android. Right now am on the backflip motorola android. . . . I LOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE ITTTTTTTTT!!!

i would agree with you the back-flip Motorola is nice 5 MEGA PIXELS!! wow thats awesome-cause i love my pics clear . yea i agree on the windows running slow cause of the so many apps on htc , i think ill just get me a blackberry storm 2 9520, tried it out lastnite and i got hooked it was running on hybrid blackberry OS nice UI compared to the other BB's and the browsing experience was faster compared to previous OS, also i love the surepress technology used on the blackberry storm 2 series very innovative. anybody knows where the slot systems ltd office is located in Abuja? i heard they are the only authorized dealers of blackberry in Nigeria. [ just in case anything goes wrong i would have my warranty ]
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by DoubleN(m): 8:59am On Sep 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

HTC Aria and HTC Tilt2?

@post

Your salesman must have been living in a cave from the latter part of last year.
You have not heard of the HTC Desire or the HTC WildfireThey both run on Andriod 2.1 and can be upgraded to Andriod 2.2 (Froyo).The Desire spots a 1GHZ Snapdragon Processor and 576MB RAM.Believe me dear,the blackberry has nothing on the HTC!! Go for the HTC bro,you will never regret it.There is more to a [i]smart[/i]phone than BIS!
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by drone99(m): 10:27am On Sep 28, 2010
Business/Work - Blackberry | Fun/Social Media - HTC
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by DoubleN(m): 11:22am On Sep 28, 2010
drone99:

Business/Work - Blackberry | Fun/Social Media - HTC
That doesn't apply in Nigeria cos 90% of BB users use it for Fun/Social Media. angry
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by drone99(m): 3:53pm On Sep 28, 2010
You are not correct, maybe you should say 99% of people you know use BBs for social media.
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by lynxnoon(m): 10:42pm On Sep 28, 2010
drone99:

You are not correct, maybe you should say 99% of people you know use BBs for social media.
lol grin

@poster
go for htc and suscribe to either glo 150mb or mtn 100mb data plans
cheers
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by puskin: 2:22am On Sep 29, 2010
I can't believe dis shocked shocked. . . . .who is that person comparing a BB to a HTC device.

BB is a toy to where HTC is!!!!
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by Nobody: 3:16am On Sep 29, 2010
puskin:

I can't believe dis shocked shocked. . . . .who is that person comparing a BB to a HTC device.

BB is a toy to where HTC is!!!!

That is true. . . . I dnt get all the hoopla abt BB.

BTW, HTC phones [esp the tilt2 ] are gorgeous. . . .

Double N:

Your salesman must have been living in a cave from the latter part of last year.
You have not heard of the HTC Desire or the HTC WildfireThey both run on Andriod 2.1 and can be upgraded to Andriod 2.2 (Froyo).The Desire spots a 1GHZ Snapdragon Processor and 576MB RAM.Believe me dear,the blackberry has nothing on the HTC!! Go for the HTC bro,you will never regret it.There is more to a [i]smart[/i]phone than BIS!
Unnecessary!
AT&T does not have those HTC Phones.
Yea, the ones that run on Android are Fab!
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by texazzpete(m): 6:48am On Sep 29, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

HTC Aria and HTC Tilt2?

@post

HTC is the manufacturer. There is no phone called HTC.
HTC makes different phone models. Tilt, Tytn, Desire, Magic, Dream etc. Talking about buying a HTC is as silly as someone asking me if he should buy 'Toyota'.

And just as a previous poster said, you need a new salesman ASAP. HTC almost exclusively makes Android phones these days. And in the world of Android phones, the Motorola Backflip is near the bottom. You really should have sprung for a Nexus One (still HTC made). It's been out since early 2010 but it's still infinitely better than the backflip.
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 29, 2010
texazzpete:

HTC is the manufacturer. There is no phone called HTC.
HTC makes different phone models. Tilt, Tytn, Desire, Magic, Dream etc. Talking about buying a HTC is as silly as someone asking me if he should buy 'Toyota'.

And just as a previous poster said, you need a new salesman ASAP. HTC almost exclusively makes Android phones these days. And in the world of Android phones, the Motorola Backflip is near the bottom. You really should have sprung for a Nexus One (still HTC made). It's been out since early 2010 but it's still infinitely better than the backflip.
Are you seriouss?! Wow, but I loff my phone tho. embarassed undecided

The only HTC that AT&T had had no key pads, I like my phones to be slider, touch screen and have keypads.

My salesman prolly told me that maybe because a lot of ppl returned the HTC back to them.
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by chic2pimp(m): 7:02am On Sep 29, 2010
Neither!!! I Phone Rulzzzzzzzzzzz cool.
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by trublu1(f): 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2010
HTC Desire is the 'isssshhhhhhh'
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by lynxnoon(m): 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2010
tru_blu:

HTC Desire is the 'isssshhhhhhh'
yes ohhhhhhhhhhhhh
can't wait for d ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by flagship(m): 3:32am On Oct 03, 2010
anyone know where i can get an htc desire and its price. called some shop in oregun and they told me 95k!
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by lapazarian: 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2010
The HTC desire will easily win "phone of the year" award. It's about $600 on Amazon, so 95k sounds fair.
BBs are ok (compact and functional) the main thing going for them is the chat service which i think is an annoying distraction that i can live without.
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by goggs(m): 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2010
HTC is one of the best phone manufacturers out there. The used to make phones for other companies.

Today HTC is one of the hotest phone manufacturers in the market having flirted with windows and are also with android. their coolest phones are the desire (i desire that one no be small) , Hero and google's nexus one.

here is an excerpt from wikipedia

[b]HTC was founded in 1997 by Cher Wang and Peter Chou.[5] Although initially the company made notebook computers, HTC decided to make a strong push toward hand-held devices instead.[6] In 1998, they started designing some of the world's first touch and wireless handheld devices. The company has a rich heritage of many "firsts", including creating the first Microsoft-powered smartphone (2002) and the first Microsoft 3G phone (2005).[5] Their first major product was made in 2000 and was one of the world's first touch screen smartphones. The Palm Treo 650 and the iPaq were created by HTC[7]. They started producing 3G-capable phones in early 2005 and made the world's first Android phone in 2008, the HTC Dream (also marketed as the T-Mobile G1). It was first released in the United States for pre-order through T-Mobile USA on September 23, 2008, and became available in U.S. T-Mobile stores on October 22, 2008.[8] The G1 was available in the UK several days after its USA launch, and has since been introduced in many countries including Australia and Singapore. In 2009, the company launched the HTC Sense interface for the platform with the HTC Hero.[9][/b]

When HTC was founded it was strictly an original design manufacturer,[20] selling devices such as the HTC Wizard as the T-Mobile MDA and the Cingular 8125. The company focused on telecom operators who were willing to pay a contract manufacturer for customized products.[25] Today, many HTC devices (e.g., Incredible, Evo 4G) are marketed and sold under the HTC brand, though its main focus is still smartphones.[18][25]

On February 17, 2010, Fast Company ranked HTC as the 31st most innovative company in the world.[26] Bloomberg reports that HTC is studying whether to create its own mobile operating system to compete with Apple's iOS, Google's Android, and Microsoft's Windows Phone 7.[27]

I have use the HTC mogul since 2008 and its still going strong. You cant go wrong with HTC lai lai
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by Bella87(f): 5:57am On Oct 14, 2010
HTC Desire is the best, Blackberry phones are kinda overrated
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by Maximip(m): 10:09pm On Oct 15, 2010
You can get a data plan for a HTC phone. I think a 1.5GB monthly data plan cost 5k from GLO
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by N101: 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2010
I agree with some of the other posters; which HTC phone are we talking about? At the same time, which model Blackberry?

Depends on preference. If having a keypad is a must, go for the BB. Buy an Android phone, you won't regret it.

How about comparing the BB Torch and HTC Desire? Or HTC Wildfire and BB Curve 8520?
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by kaykaodili: 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2010
who wan compare android and htc sense to mediocre bbs the bb camera is the worst of the matter
Re: Htc Or Blackberry by wise3g(m): 5:51am On Oct 19, 2010
smileyboth of them are good products,but i like HTC.
http://www.wise3g.com

(1) (Reply)

Any Call Blocker For Android That Won't Say "No Busy" At The Caller's End? / Top 5 Best Android Ful HD Games / With 6GB Of RAM Would Meizu Pro 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.